Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST TIPS FOR JVC FX500 ? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Let’s start with the accessories, which are 3 pairs of silicone tips (small, medium and large size), airline adapter plug (should replace it with foam tips or something else more practical IMO)...
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones - Page 73post #1081 of 10866/15/12 at 4:55am
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #1082 of 10866/15/12 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #1083 of 10862/17/13 at 3:48pm
- Pros:“balanced sound, very portable (small+light), comfortable even with glasses, looks great”“full sound with plenty of bass, clear forward midrange, large sound stage.”
- Pros:“sound good, comfortable, iPhone compatible”“sound surrounds you, enough bass to make you want to sway”
Very interesting observation. I have the fx 1000 and I find it similar to fostex t50 rp which also I adore. These are my favourites now. I would love to hear if there are any one else comparing these babies to full size cans?
Also, how about Fx700 compared to full sized cans?post #1084 of 10862/17/13 at 3:54pmpost #1085 of 10862/17/13 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cybernaut
Just wanted to add that I've been using these for almost two years now and they've been the best personal audio I've ever had. I got rid of everything else I have including over the ear headphones as a result. The bass can be overwhelming at times with a good fit, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Accurate? probably not. Reminiscent of live concerts and such? Hell yes.
I've been kind of curious if anything better is out - I'm sure many would say the 700's fit the bill - but what else?
I totally agree :) Same thoughts here. I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip.
ps: Sorry did not know how to post with quotes earlier..post #1086 of 10862/17/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Inks
Don't understand how these can reportedly be called harsh (batch difference again?). My pair is revealing, but never to a point where it blatantly accentuates sibilance or harsh frequencies. These are actually very revealing though, lower bitrate or poorly mastered songs will show their flaws very easily with these.
Anyway, been comparing these back to back with the EX600 and while they both sound very different, they're very close in technical proficiency. Amazing how JVC managed so much with a 8.5mm driver.
Also, these are hands down the best I've heard with brass instruments, even more so than the FX700s. Strings on par with the 700s with a slightly different flavor that's more in the analytical side.
These are never harsh for me. I like these so much now, I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to Fx 700 or even the 800s now?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Need help choosing a pair of portables for school 51 seconds ago
- › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former... 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 4 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Meet Saturday 29/6/13 7 minutes ago
- › Got tired of my M50 so I went to try a new headphone, sadly.... 7 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 10 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by danikus
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe