- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/6/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/30/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productNuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 9/27/11
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 9/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST TIPS FOR JVC FX500 ? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) Last post on 7/10/14 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 9/13/14 at 2:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones - Page 73
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 10866/15/12 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #1083 of 10862/17/13 at 3:48pm
Very interesting observation. I have the fx 1000 and I find it similar to fostex t50 rp which also I adore. These are my favourites now. I would love to hear if there are any one else comparing these babies to full size cans?
Also, how about Fx700 compared to full sized cans?post #1084 of 10862/17/13 at 3:54pmpost #1085 of 10862/17/13 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cybernaut
Just wanted to add that I've been using these for almost two years now and they've been the best personal audio I've ever had. I got rid of everything else I have including over the ear headphones as a result. The bass can be overwhelming at times with a good fit, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Accurate? probably not. Reminiscent of live concerts and such? Hell yes.
I've been kind of curious if anything better is out - I'm sure many would say the 700's fit the bill - but what else?
I totally agree :) Same thoughts here. I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip.
ps: Sorry did not know how to post with quotes earlier..post #1086 of 10862/17/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Inks
Don't understand how these can reportedly be called harsh (batch difference again?). My pair is revealing, but never to a point where it blatantly accentuates sibilance or harsh frequencies. These are actually very revealing though, lower bitrate or poorly mastered songs will show their flaws very easily with these.
Anyway, been comparing these back to back with the EX600 and while they both sound very different, they're very close in technical proficiency. Amazing how JVC managed so much with a 8.5mm driver.
Also, these are hands down the best I've heard with brass instruments, even more so than the FX700s. Strings on par with the 700s with a slightly different flavor that's more in the analytical side.
These are never harsh for me. I like these so much now, I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to Fx 700 or even the 800s now?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › *** HTC One M7 in very good condition for sale*** 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Quick Sale 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)