Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-A900LTD vs ATH-AD2000???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-A900LTD vs ATH-AD2000??? - Page 2

post #16 of 26
you'll love it - i do!
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellylh View Post
I hope my partner doesn't kill me for having yet another pair of headphones around the house.
It might go the other way. Since I got the AD2000 and got through their burn in, I have a strong urge to sell off every headphone but the AD2000. It just does every type of genre. I never feel the urge to change to DT880/HD650/ms2i anymore other than for comparison reasons. I have a LD MKIII on the way to see if it does anything special for any of the headphones, if not, AD2000 will probably be my only headphone.
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Wow, pricejapan is fast!!! I ordered the AD2000s late on Thursday night (EMS shipping) and they were waiting for me at work this morning (they were delivered before I even woke up!). Very impressive. I haven't had time to try them out yet but they look beautiful.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellylh View Post
Wow, pricejapan is fast!!! I ordered the AD2000s late on Thursday night (EMS shipping) and they were waiting for me at work this morning (they were delivered before I even woke up!). Very impressive. I haven't had time to try them out yet but they look beautiful.
Make sure you burn them in for at least 100 hours before you make any judgement about them.


During the burn in of my pair, I switched between loving them and hating them several times. They changed a lot for me until they finally stabilized to the great sound they have now.

...OR.. This was all in my head, and I just had to get used to the sound, but I do not belive that was ONLY the case. Probably both.

Enjoy.
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks, I was just going to ask about approximate burn-in time. I briefly tried them out (for like 15 minutes) and they at least seem very engaging! I am happy that I bought them and can't wait to have some time to try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henmyr View Post
Make sure you burn them in for at least 100 hours before you make any judgement about them.


During the burn in of my pair, I switched between loving them and hating them several times. They changed a lot for me until they finally stabilized to the great sound they have now.

...OR.. This was all in my head, and I just had to get used to the sound, but I do not belive that was ONLY the case. Probably both.

Enjoy.
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellylh View Post
Wow, pricejapan is fast!!! I ordered the AD2000s late on Thursday night (EMS shipping) and they were waiting for me at work this morning (they were delivered before I even woke up!). Very impressive. I haven't had time to try them out yet but they look beautiful.
So no hassle dealing with pricejapan regarding customs or import taxes? good to know
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R View Post
So no hassle dealing with pricejapan regarding customs or import taxes? good to know
No, with EMS there isn't.
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R View Post
So no hassle dealing with pricejapan regarding customs or import taxes? good to know
post #24 of 26
Damn you guys! I just hit the ORDER button on Pricejapan. Could not resist any more.

And so ATH-AD2000 vs modded Denon AH-D2000 vs Darth Beyers shootout is coming soon.

I'm very excited, my first decent open cans in long time.

PS. For all Aussies: this is the time to buy stuff. Come on, I paid cool $AU570 when Headphonic in Perth sells them for $1,120. That's the price when aussie dollar was below $US0.50! Lucky us, not anymore.
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
Nice! I am really enjoying them so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lad27 View Post
Damn you guys! I just hit the ORDER button on Pricejapan. Could not resist any more.

And so ATH-AD2000 vs modded Denon AH-D2000 vs Darth Beyers shootout is coming soon.

I'm very excited, my first decent open cans in long time.

PS. For all Aussies: this is the time to buy stuff. Come on, I paid cool $AU570 when Headphonic in Perth sells them for $1,120. That's the price when aussie dollar was below $US0.50! Lucky us, not anymore.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellylh View Post

Wow, pricejapan is fast!!! I ordered the AD2000s late on Thursday night (EMS shipping) and they were waiting for me at work this morning (they were delivered before I even woke up!). Very impressive. I haven't had time to try them out yet but they look beautiful.

 


on eBay?
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-A900LTD vs ATH-AD2000???