New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone HFI780 ALO Mod - Page 27

post #391 of 470
I'm gonna bump this because I have some questions regarding this product.

I've read earlier than the microphonics can be a problem. It this really the case if I'm going to be using these as my portable headphones while walking between classes?

Also, what kind of portable amp would I be needing to drive these sufficiently? I so far have a high-performance low-gain Mini^3. I want to know how much further I would have to upgrade to see these shine.

Thanks in advance
post #392 of 470
The microphonics is no more no less than in other cables. Personally I would not use a full size can between classes, but an iem or a bud instead.
post #393 of 470
anybody did a review on this?

new to this forum, 40 pages is too much for me to scroll through.

any idea the difference in sound quality between using 18G cryo wire (JenaLabs) or a 20AWG vampire wire?
post #394 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet View Post
anybody did a review on this?

new to this forum, 40 pages is too much for me to scroll through.

any idea the difference in sound quality between using 18G cryo wire (JenaLabs) or a 20AWG vampire wire?
Yes, by a few of us. Use the search function.
post #395 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
The microphonics is no more no less than in other cables. Personally I would not use a full size can between classes, but an iem or a bud instead.
I've had many IEMs now, but I have ear problems w/ using them and my doctor told me to avoid them. I also tried the Livewires, but things didn't work out and it was just a lot of hassle... so I have to resort to using full-sized headphones.

I guess using a clip or a bud or something would work, but since like 75% of my music listening is done on portable, and I'm on public transportation lot of the time, I need something that will isolate well and sound good as well.

Anyways... now I'm just debating whether to just get a new Ultrasone 780 w/ S2 audio recable or a used 780J... which cost about the same.
post #396 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglee200 View Post
I've had many IEMs now, but I have ear problems w/ using them and my doctor told me to avoid them. I also tried the Livewires, but things didn't work out and it was just a lot of hassle... so I have to resort to using full-sized headphones.

I guess using a clip or a bud or something would work, but since like 75% of my music listening is done on portable, and I'm on public transportation lot of the time, I need something that will isolate well and sound good as well.

Anyways... now I'm just debating whether to just get a new Ultrasone 780 w/ S2 audio recable or a used 780J... which cost about the same.
used ALO780J or APS780 would be my recommendation, no doubt about it. Buy mrarroyo's for $400 and you wont regret it. I have heard them myself.
post #397 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Yes, by a few of us. Use the search function.
thanks for the tip
post #398 of 470

The mod is a internal

The mod is a internal and a re cable. We place acoustic vibration dampening material in various parts inside headphone as well as removal of the diode board. Then we are offering a hard wired re cable direct to each driver as opposed to way they are stock into one cup. You will be able to choose the 18G cryo wire (JenaLabs) or a 20AWG vampire wire. Please stay tuned.
post #399 of 470
^ ???
post #400 of 470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohel1 View Post
The mod is a internal and a re cable. We place acoustic vibration dampening material in various parts inside headphone as well as removal of the diode board. Then we are offering a hard wired re cable direct to each driver as opposed to way they are stock into one cup. You will be able to choose the 18G cryo wire (JenaLabs) or a 20AWG vampire wire. Please stay tuned.
We have a few options when it comes to the wire. You can choose...

1. All JenaLabs Ultra Wire (bare copper)
2. 2 JenaLabs Ultra Wire (signal) X ALO SXC Cryo (Ground) so a hybrid (I have found this combo to be a little more dynamic.
3. All ALO SXC Cryo I have found this to be very nice, faster...

The above is the options not only for the Ultrasone HFI-780s but the Ultrasone Edition 9s as well.

All the above are 18awg and all are going to be the same price, no diff for which ever one decides. Only length will alter to price.

I also have a thinner 20 AWG ALO Cryo wire that is in a clear PE jacket, UPOCC bare copper.

Thanks

Ken

PS: Be sure to check out the December 08 issue of ToneAudio because they are doing a review of the Edition 9s using the 4x ALO SXC Cryo wire.
post #401 of 470
Has anyone compared the ALO-recabled 780 against the stock Pro900 yet ?
post #402 of 470
Wow after reading about these compared to some senn 650s, I'm really starting to question the 650 route!
post #403 of 470
Could anyone tell me about stoch HFI-780 vs stock Pro 550?
Thanks,
Damon Baird
post #404 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordins View Post
Has anyone compared the ALO-recabled 780 against the stock Pro900 yet ?
Yes I did.
post #405 of 470
Just ordered HFI-780. cant wait till i have enough to get them recabled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: ALO Audio Premier Sponsor Forum