Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's - Page 11

post #151 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I'm trying to figure out how useful the bluetooth would be.

It would be nice to remotely stream music through the speakers, but you'd need a bluetooth adapter for your speaker right?
3.5mm bluetooth adapter to fit in the aux input? .. and a cheap solution would probably come with a pretty cruddy integrated dac, am I right?
Unless I can get a usb/ or optical/coax bluetooth adapter to connect directly to my soundcard, external dac, or receiver... would that be possible?

bleh.. chicago tax brings this up $17 more... tax + 10% off will get me $2 off of retail... are there any other reliable retailers(online preferably) that have it on sale closer to $180 ish or lower?
Which version are you referring to? J&R is a very reputable retailer, they have the A829 for $280, and the A728 for $190. They only charge sales tax for shipment to NY.
post #152 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I'm trying to figure out how useful the bluetooth would be.

It would be nice to remotely stream music through the speakers, but you'd need a bluetooth adapter for your speaker right?
3.5mm bluetooth adapter to fit in the aux input? .. and a cheap solution would probably come with a pretty cruddy integrated dac, am I right?
Unless I can get a usb/ or optical/coax bluetooth adapter to connect directly to my soundcard, external dac, or receiver... would that be possible?

bleh.. chicago tax brings this up $17 more... tax + 10% off will get me $2 off of retail... are there any other reliable retailers(online preferably) that have it on sale closer to $180 ish or lower?
If you are not looking for bluetooth and 8 gb version, you might as well as look at the A818 model. the 820's are only .4" larger and bit more battery. The players probably sound similar and the features are close to the same. You can get the A818 from Sonystyle.com for 129.99$ after using the follow coupon.

Best Deal - Sony Style: Sony Walkman NWZ-A818BLK 8GB Video MP3 Player $130 shipped

Just something to consider, thats all. The only reason i would want the A820's is for 16gb memory capacity.
post #153 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgoblue2008 View Post
Just something to consider, thats all. The only reason i would want the A820's is for 16gb memory capacity.
Which bring us back to my original point. The only difference between the A829 and A729 is bluetooth, and the price difference is only $20. Would anyone get the A729 just so they can save $20? I can see Sony dropping the price of the A729 pretty soon.
post #154 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc13 View Post
Which bring us back to my original point. The only difference between the A829 and A729 is bluetooth, and the price difference is only $20. Would anyone get the A729 just so they can save $20? I can see Sony dropping the price of the A729 pretty soon.
I would hope so. Still, i think the whole new A82x and A72x are overpriced. After the rumored 100$ drop of iphones/ipod touches (i would think its next week after CTIA). Then you're looking at a 16gb ipod touch for the same price of A729 or A829. I hope sony drops both by at least 50$, maybe then it will be competitive.
post #155 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgoblue2008 View Post
I would hope so. Still, i think the whole new A82x and A72x are overpriced. After the rumored 100$ drop of iphones/ipod touches (i would think its next week after CTIA). Then you're looking at a 16gb ipod touch for the same price of A729 or A829. I hope sony drops both by at least 50$, maybe then it will be competitive.
If that's the case, maybe I should hold on to the A728 for a couple weeks, and see if the price drops. I really like the A720/A820 design over the A810's.
post #156 of 477

Stupid but important question

Hey guys, I know this may not seem important, but it is for me. Does this new player have a sleep timer? I hate to waste battery life, and I'd really like to have this function. Thanks!
post #157 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc13 View Post
W The only difference between the A829 and A729 is bluetooth
The A729 comes with an "upgraded" headphones...
post #158 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc13 View Post
If that's the case, maybe I should hold on to the A728 for a couple weeks, and see if the price drops. I really like the A720/A820 design over the A810's.
From what I can see, the ergonomics are better on the A810, if you're right handed that is
post #159 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by natim9 View Post
The A729 comes with an "upgraded" headphones...

The headphone on the A729 and A829 is exactly the same.

Sony Walkman: Sony NWZ A720, A820 and A820K Walkman Players Have Built-in Bluetooth, 2.4-inch LCD

The A828 comes with both the EX-headphone and the BT headphone.
post #160 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post
From what I can see, the ergonomics are better on the A810, if you're right handed that is
Yes I have played with an A810 in SonyStyle store and BB, the button layout is indeed more ergonomic. I don't have trouble using the A728 though. While 0.4" of screen real estate may not sound all that much, but it feels quite a bit bigger over the A810 for some reason... Oh well, can't go wrong with either model!
post #161 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc13 View Post
The headphone on the A729 and A829 is exactly the same.

Sony Walkman: Sony NWZ A720, A820 and A820K Walkman Players Have Built-in Bluetooth, 2.4-inch LCD

The A828 comes with both the EX-headphone and the BT headphone.
Category Page 16 & 8GB
post #162 of 477
Can anyone tell me if it has a sleep timer function??? (or if the other models had it?) Thanks.
post #163 of 477
Can any Headfi'ers report on the sound quality difference between the 810 and the new 820 series?
post #164 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by novasol View Post
Can any Headfi'ers report on the sound quality difference between the 810 and the new 820 series?
Accoding to generationmp3:
Quote:
Here is the paragraph long awaited by many… The A820 has Does the same or better sound quality than the A810?

We will make unfortunate, but to have had two players during our tests, the sound quality of the A820 is a little below that of the A810! We even say it is between the A810 and S615…

Sony does not seem to have changed audio chip, then perhaps it is due to the introduction of hardware, the way it is organized in the box, but we have seen a slight breath on the A820. This has been noted with headphones intra upmarket very sensitive (Westone UM2 with tip molded Earsonics and Earsonics MS2-IFI).

But worry then, the sound quality of the A820 is still excellent! The distribution of the instruments is done well and with the severe acute are balanced.
(Translated version of http://labo.generationmp3.com/2008/02/27/test-avec-video-sony-walkman-nwz-a820/)
post #165 of 477
It doesn't seem they know what they're talking about, both the a810 and s615 are pretty much identical sq wise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's