Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean) - Page 2

post #16 of 144

Ultimate Cables

There is a guy in Montreal that makes a cable called the Ultimate Cable. It is a cryoed copper and silver cable. I really like it and it is a lot better than my regular copper cables. It is around $45. I think it is sold on ebay and they also have a web site. You can also send it back if you do not like it. I am keeping mine. I found it on Canuck Audio classified. Give this cable a chance to burn in, I found the sound really changed.
post #17 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Goldie View Post
There is a guy in Montreal that makes a cable called the Ultimate Cable. It is a cryoed copper and silver cable. I really like it and it is a lot better than my regular copper cables. It is around $45. I think it is sold on ebay and they also have a web site. You can also send it back if you do not like it. I am keeping mine. I found it on Canuck Audio classified. Give this cable a chance to burn in, I found the sound really changed.
yes, thats the cables that i came across and started me on an idea to upgrade the bjc. the ad sounds very convincing but the fact that he only has one published review thats not very enthusiastic is a bit of a letdown for me. would you say the sound has gotten brighter? i heard silvers do that and i dont want that at all.
post #18 of 144

Cables

At first they were really bright, but after some burn-in they settled down. I really notice they have better midrange as well. You can send them back after 30 days so what's to lose. That is the way I approached the cable. They also have reviews of the cable on Canuck Audio Classified and these people really liked the cable. As the maker of the cable says people are not sending them back. He also has some reviews on his site. But as I said make sure you burn them in at least 30 hours. The connections are really tight on my setup so I found an old piece of equipment and loosened them up a bit. That being said they are brighter than just plain copper. When I go back to my copper cable and listen something is missing now and I go back to using the Ultimates.
post #19 of 144
Silver Resolution is the way to go, and definitely go for the bullets. They're great.

Although not my #1 choice, Homegrown Audio Co. | pure silver audio cables also has some excellent cables too, so check them out.
post #20 of 144
anything other than this is a waste of money.

post #21 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
anything other than this is a waste of money.

Obviously that's B.S. Just because you can't hear a difference (with your ears or your system) doesn't mean there aren't any. If there was no difference, people wouldn't spend money on better cables.
post #22 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
Obviously that's B.S. Just because you can't hear a difference (with your ears or your system) doesn't mean there aren't any. If there was no difference, people wouldn't spend money on better cables.
No offense, but are you very young? That is a very odd thing to say, unless you're joking or something.

See ya
Steve
post #23 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
No offense, but are you very young? That is a very odd thing to say, unless you're joking or something.

See ya
Steve
It's not an odd thing to say at all. These circular arguments always end up in the same place. And you're the worst proponent of them all (and add to that your arrogance). Your 30 years in the recording industry obviously hasn't taught you how to use your ears and listen to the music, only how to read charts and spec sheets.
post #24 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
Obviously that's B.S. Just because you can't hear a difference (with your ears or your system) doesn't mean there aren't any. If there was no difference, people wouldn't spend money on better cables.
This argument is the worst argument ever and it makes me laugh everytime someone brings it up.

People wouldnt spend money on holy water from TV infomercials if it didnt make a difference!

People wouldnt spend money on homeopathic pills if they didnt make a difference!

People wouldnt spend money on male enlargement pills if it didnt make a difference!
post #25 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchaforce View Post
This argument is the worst argument ever and it makes me laugh everytime someone brings it up.

People wouldnt spend money on holy water from TV infomercials if it didnt make a difference!

People wouldnt spend money on homeopathic pills if they didnt make a difference!

People wouldnt spend money on male enlargement pills if it didnt make a difference!
Ok, well you've got a point. What I meant to say was that so many audio hobbyists who "listen" to the music wouldn't be constantly buying the cables if they weren't doing anything. And in my system, they most certainly do.
post #26 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
Ok, well you've got a point. What I meant to say was that so many audio hobbyists who "listen" to the music wouldn't be constantly buying the cables if they weren't doing anything. And in my system, they most certainly do.
Then why don't audio professionals who also listen and care very deeply for sound quality use anything other than trusty old PVC, copper, and nickel?

--Chris
post #27 of 144
re Radio Shack's cheapest - even a hard core numbers only guy expects there to be better objective performance cable out there

from inspecting the results of having more than one come apart as it gripped too tighly it is obvious that the sheild is not 360 degree terminated under that moulding

360 degree sheild termination and high coverage, high conductivitiy sheild is essential to good performance in RCA-RCA cable

its also a major convienience if they don't break apart when unplugged by hand

PVC over mould/outer jacket is no problem or even for line-line in low impedance speaker runs but PVC does have measureable deficencies as a dielectric - I think you will find many instrumentation cables use at least polypropylene internal insulation for even audio frequencies with polyethylene or teflon for hi Z source, video, or runs of substantial length
post #28 of 144
IPodPJ, don't be so sure you will hear the differences, I have seen guys, audiophiles and not, fail miserably in front of me, while trying to indentify gear, and cables, OK? Even claim to hear difference while they should not hear any, trust me that placebo is stronger of what you believe, not saying that they can not make an small difference, just that if they are, are so subtle, that is not so easy to indentify them...

I would like to see a couple of Golden Ears that are posting all the time about those claimed differences in one of those "forbiden word" tests to see how they will handle it...

Here you have a few articles for your entertainment...

Read especially this one, I have seen this happen several times in my life, the latest was the million dollar challenge, in while the moment comes, the cable manufacturer back up...afraid of the truth?
post #29 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
It's not an odd thing to say at all.
Your logic doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
Just because you can't hear a difference (with your ears or your system) doesn't mean there aren't any.
No, if you can't hear or measure a difference, it doesn't indicate that there IS one. And if you can't hear it or measure the difference, it doesn't matter at all because you can't hear it or measure it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
If there was no difference, people wouldn't spend money on better cables.
There are several reasons why people would spend money on cables besides sound... build quality, aesthetics, status, durability, brand identification...

I asked if you were young and you didn't answer. May I ask if you are still in school?

Thanks
Steve
post #30 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
so many audio hobbyists who "listen" to the music wouldn't be constantly buying the cables if they weren't doing anything. And in my system, they most certainly do.
I don't doubt that your cables sound great. All I am saying is that just about every cable, if it is properly constructed, sounds great.

See ya
Steve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)