Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean) - Page 9

post #121 of 144
umm, we weren't taliking about digital cables and 1's and 0's . The original question was the best bang for the buck cable better than Blue jeans.
post #122 of 144
Distortion, as in certain parts of the music are not discernible, especially in the upper mids and highs. Old cable lacks a lot of detail that is present with the better cable. Like listening to Sinatra live and you can hear silverware tapping plates in the background, stuff like that. Also the bass is tight and clean enstead of boomy and lacking impact.
post #123 of 144
For the original poster I recommend you take a look at this website and contact Jacob if you have any questions. Im very happy with mine.

Soloz Audio > Home
post #124 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleOfEar View Post
hi guys im wanting to replace my old bluejean canare interconnects for something better. however it is my understanding that bluejeans offer the best bang for the buck. but i still want something better while not having to pay premium. can you guys help me out with some recommandation? thanks. oh also ill be selling the bluejean interconnects once i upgrade. theyre 3 feet length.
I have tried many cables over the years and my old stand-by "go-to" best "bang for the buck" cable has been the Kimber Kable PBJ. Right now, they are being used between my NAD C542 CD Player and the RSA HR-2 headphone amp in my bedside rig and it is a nice set up.
post #125 of 144
Those kimbers look nice. PBJ, one of my favorites.
post #126 of 144
Go to: Cables and Accessories and check out Ric Schultz's RSW-1: $105 for a 1 meter pair. I am currently using his (now discontinued and since improved-upon) IC100, made with PCOCC copper, and they sound superb. The RSW-1 are reportedly a whole 'nother level better. : )
post #127 of 144
UM....interesting. Gotta try it out...

Copper wire is made from casting molten copper into long rods or bars that eventually are drawn through a tiny orifice that creates a copper wire. Copper crystals, generated during rapid cooling in the traditional casting process, act as an impediment to the natural flow of the signal. This is because the random orientation of these copper crystals forms an irregular mosaic pattern that impedes the flow of electrons. What was needed was a single crystal copper casting process.

In 1986 the Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) process was introduced to the world. Ultra Pure single crystal Copper was developed by professor Ohno of the Chiba Institute of Technology in Japan. OCC is a single, long grain copper structure built by using a heated mold, that solves the rapid cooling process problems. The results are small rods of OCC pure copper, from which the wire can be drawn and we get single copper grains of over 700 feet in length!

PCOCC sounds superior to OFC copper in the same construction cable. It's a LOT more expensive but it's worth the extra expense as we believe we have generated a far superior interconnect using PCOCC materials in the conductors.


http://www.monarchyaudio.com/pcocc.html
post #128 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
You are wrong, perpetuating an argument, and have no basis whatsoever for your statement. Making statements like that only demonstrates your inability to contribute to this thread.

Here is the old cable Dynex® - 7' Y Audio Cable - DX-MP3RCA7

Here is the new cable Kodakgallery.com*Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera

I hear the difference, anyone want to take QQQ's word for gospel then go ahead. Difference between us is I have listened to the difference between the two cables and he has not.
Hey! Thanks for selling me that Soloz cable in the photos! I agree, it is a good cable and it was an improvement over the $60 silver plated copper mini-RCA I was using before.

Over the past 6 months I have learned to hear the difference between interconnects. I now have an ALO SXC mini-RCA that sounds even better: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/mi...ad-spc-366693/

I also discovered after recabling an RS-1 and Edition 9 in March/April that I could hear a bright sheen burn-off the cables over a 50-100 hour period of time. All of this goes against stuff I wrote here back in march a couple of pages ago. So, everyone should keep an open mind.
post #129 of 144
Im glad you like the cable Addict, I ordered one identical to that one with RCA's on both ends because I loved that one so much.
post #130 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
Im glad you like the cable Addict, I ordered one identical to that one with RCA's on both ends because I loved that one so much.
You really should try the ALO SXC interconnects now - they are another step above, if you don't mind paying 2x the cost. Still, the Soloz and the anti-cables are a big bang for the buck. So are the Whirly Wisp silver cables by mmwwhats - $40 for a dead soft solid silver in a teflon air tube dielectric, only outperformed by a $100 anti-cables IC!
post #131 of 144
I wonder how the anti-cable beat the 99.9% solid silver 19 guage IC. That is IF the cable is for sure 99.9% silver as Idahan on audiogon claims. Anyone else has experience with this little ungoogleable product?
post #132 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
.....I also discovered after recabling an RS-1 and Edition 9 in March/April that I could hear a bright sheen burn-off the cables over a 50-100 hour period of time. All of this goes against stuff I wrote here back in march a couple of pages ago. So, everyone should keep an open mind.
Nice to have people admit to their ignorance in respect to cable and IC experiences. How easy it is to deny the unknown. I was one as well. I am glad I checked it out. Big difference with the RS-1s?
post #133 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Nice to have people admit to their ignorance in respect to cable and IC experiences. How easy it is to deny the unknown. I was one as well. I am glad I checked it out. Big difference with the RS-1s?
The APS re-cable was a noticeable improvement with the RS-2 and Edition 9 and HD600, but I never heard the RS-1 with the stock cable as I bought it from APS with the re-cable already done. I posted the link to my review of APS V3 cable in my public profile, as I have done with my other reviews and a few are on cables and interconnects.
post #134 of 144
My point may not have been taken in the way intended. For such an experienced person as you to recognize differences and to ask for an open mind shows that skeptics are missing better sound because they won't accept your (or anybody's) experience to try. I admit my previous ignorance to the possibility that cables or ICs could make a not so subtle difference was incorrect and I'm glad I took the time to find out.

Man, you have a lot of gear.
post #135 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
My point may not have been taken in the way intended. For such an experienced person as you to recognize differences and to ask for an open mind shows that skeptics are missing better sound because they won't accept your (or anybody's) experience to try. I admit my previous ignorance to the possibility that cables or ICs could make a not so subtle difference was incorrect and I'm glad I took the time to find out.

Man, you have a lot of gear.
I understood what you were saying. But it looked like you asked a question at the end when you said "Big difference with the RS-1s?" so I decided to address that one first.

I didn't think the other issue needed further comment - there are obviously cable believers and non-believers, and sometimes non-believers (in anything) are more difficult to convince to consider the other options.

I try to keep an open mind, and investigate that which I don't understand. As for a lot of gear - having good gear is sometimes critical in being able to hear the little things (like cables). I always say start/upgrade to a decent source and headphones before cables, because otherwise you may not hear what the cables do for you.

Cheers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)