Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean) - Page 8

post #106 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsudaMan View Post
The only reason studio recordings don't use companies like Nordost is because they don't want to change the sound - they just want it neutral. That makes sense. Audiophiles like euphonic not neutral.
And who says that a good cable necesarily needs to alter the sound, or make it euphonic, there is a saying in audio that clams that "the best cable is no cable". A good cable must be neutral and completelly transparent, otherwise to me is a crappy device, altering the sound, and honestly I want it as far as possible from my sound system...

Audiophiles like natural sound...that is a misconception....I like euphonic sopund myself, so I do not consider myself an audiophile, but mainly due to the fact that I do not know how the reacording is supposed to sound, so i like it the way I feel is more pleasant for my ears. I didn't make it, neither any of you, so you are IMO chasing a ghost. There is no way to determine how a recording is supposed to sound like (and I say the recording, not the piano, nor the guitar, nor the sax, the recording!!! Which is reproduction of the event, created by a human being wiht personla preferences as well, and full of anomalies introduced all along the process, on purpose or not)
post #107 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsudaMan View Post
The only reason studio recordings don't use companies like Nordost is because they don't want to change the sound - they just want it neutral. That makes sense. Audiophiles like euphonic not neutral.
Studios create euphonic sound by CONTROLLING the sound through EQ and mixing. Audiophiles could learn a thing or two about being in control of the way their systems sound too. Randomly swapping in colored wires in the hopes that it will sound better is a total waste of time and money.

See ya
Steve
post #108 of 144
would doing things like adding acoustic foam and adding panels to the area make a bigger difference instead? I'd think it would wouldn't it?
post #109 of 144
Let me say I'm a programmer by trade, and I always use a pragmatic approach toward my audio, where price/performance reign high on my list of purchase.

Until 3 days ago I was on the placebo camp, where I believe a good construction w/ good material should be enough for a home setup sys (obviously a big-rig w/ home theater/concert hall would be diff)

My friend lend me a AQ columbia RCA (review posted here), and I AB it w/ my Zu cable $30 oxyfuel (which is already far better than any radioshack/monster). And it is true the difference is night and day. Even the volume level changed. And the so call euphoric effect have is indeed higher.

I intent to do blind test w/ my wife's help this weekend, and then decide whether or not this added quality justify the price I will spend. But to say any cable is no diff is to me saying -100 degree temp is equal to -274 because you walk in there and will be dead in 5 mins in both cases.

There are no test methods available today does not mean there will not be any in the future. Just like totally dismissing String Theory because there are no test available (they are trying).
post #110 of 144
Has anyone ever tried Neotech interconnects ?
post #111 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
anything other than this is a waste of money.

You just bought a Ray Samuels B-52 right? Are you going to use Radio Shack (or equivalent) interconnects?
post #112 of 144
Quote:
You just bought a Ray Samuels B-52 right? Are you going to use Radio Shack (or equivalent) interconnects?
It is a joke, but those cables would work with a Ray Samuels or any other headphone amp. Just because you spend $5000 on an amp does not mean you have to spend $500 or even a $100 on cables. Please tell me what the limiting factor is on the cables that Vcheda posted that would not make them sound as good as others. The build quality leaves a bit to be desired, but they would probably do the trick for years.
post #113 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat01 View Post
It is a joke, but those cables would work with a Ray Samuels or any other headphone amp. Just because you spend $5000 on an amp does not mean you have to spend $500 or even a $100 on cables. Please tell me what the limiting factor is on the cables that Vcheda posted that would not make them sound as good as others. The build quality leaves a bit to be desired, but they would probably do the trick for years.
The question is directed at Vcohela and is best answered by him because it is in response to his post. If you see nothing wrong with 2 dollar cables on a 5000 dollar amp than that is fine, I dont care.
post #114 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
Maybe you should explain what exactly is wrong, so this man can alter his point of view.
Here is my experience. I used a 15 dollar interconnect that is nicer than the Radio Shack unit Vecohela posted. It was the only interconnect in my headphone setup. I then purchased a 150 dollar hand made cable from Soloz Audio and replaced the 15 dollar unit. The difference was nite and day. Much less distortion, it was more dynamic, it was more detailed, and it eliminated fatigue and I was able to listen for hours and still be fresh and ready for more listening. It was an improvement in all areas except for my wallet. If you have good equipment, cables can make a difference. On a side bar I will say that cable purchases should be within reason, 3000 cable on a 1000 amp would seem to be a bit skewed as alot of the 3000 could have been spend on the amp instead, but I think you see what im trying to say. My amp was 1200 dollars and my interconnect is 150 dollars and worth every penny. I realize some people will never beleive in cables and that is ok.
post #115 of 144
Quote:
The difference was nite and day. Much less distortion, it was more dynamic, it was more detailed, and it eliminated fatigue and I was able to listen for hours and still be fresh and ready for more listening. It was an improvement in all areas except for my wallet.
That experience clearly suggest your old cable was faulty.
post #116 of 144
Quote:
The difference was nite and day. Much less distortion, it was more dynamic, it was more detailed, and it eliminated fatigue and I was able to listen for hours and still be fresh and ready for more listening.
Another night and day response, yet this subject is debated so much that we can't even talk about DBT here. How would you get distortion from a cable unless the cable was broken? Seriously? 2 feet of wire cause distortion?
post #117 of 144
hmm... there just was a piece in stereophile (yes, the mag that touts unaffordable things) about an interconnect that the reviewer felt (or should I say argued? heard? believed? experienced?) to be an improvement. I won't name it here (no need for another tiresome round of arguing) but I found that interesting as it came from a self-confessed cable skeptic. - bottom line though: that cable runs 240, and your BJC will still be the best way to go for you since you stated, OP, that you "want something better while not having to pay premium".
post #118 of 144
I've had excellent success with the EVS IC-100 ($95/meter pair), made with PC-OCC stranded copper and "naked" Eichman bullets.

Ric Schultz at Electronic Visionary Systems now offers the RSW-1, which I would like to try. (Go to EVS Homepage for more information).

The IC-100 was the best interconnect I'd tried to date, and the RSW-1 (at $105/meter pair), made with specially configured and insulated silver plated copper, is supposed to be even better.
post #119 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
That experience clearly suggest your old cable was faulty.
You are wrong, perpetuating an argument, and have no basis whatsoever for your statement. Making statements like that only demonstrates your inability to contribute to this thread.

Here is the old cable http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1114639085343

Here is the new cable http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

I hear the difference, anyone want to take QQQ's word for gospel then go ahead. Difference between us is I have listened to the difference between the two cables and he has not.
post #120 of 144
[blah blah... when I post too late at night, sometimes the next day I find I was off topic... out comes the self-censorship]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)