Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Accuphase releases DP-700!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Accuphase releases DP-700!

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
Man what a killer machine! Features over the DP-500:

+ SACD playback
+ MDSD digital signal processing (moving-average filter w/ 7 delay devices)
+ AD1955 DAC chip, 8 per channel (16 total)
+ two toroidal transformers
+ encased in a wooden cabinet

Link: Precision MDSD SA-CD Player DP-700

The only thing stopping me from upgrading from the DP-500 is the increased weight to 59 lbs...
post #2 of 33
8 DAC per channel?!? God, and I was writing in another thread about how great Cambridge Audio 840C was with its 2 AD DACs per channel... I wonder how the Accuphase sounds.
post #3 of 33
Wow, I would love to spend some time with one of those..... Price anyone?
post #4 of 33
Looking over a few japanese store listings, most seem to be listing 1,155,000 yen, which ends up being about $11,000.

Certainly not quite in my price range
post #5 of 33
Thread Starter 
It'd have to be at least $9K since the DP-500 is $6.9K. Probably more.

Katli Audio isn't too far away from you johnsonad, they're a dealer.
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
Looking over a few japanese store listings, most seem to be listing 1,155,000 yen, which ends up being about $11,000.

Certainly not quite in my price range
Good to know! Thanks Ben!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
It'd have to be at least $9K since the DP-500 is $6.9K. Probably more.

Katli Audio isn't too far away from you johnsonad, they're a dealer.
He has some nice gear. I bought a used VPI 16.5 from him (actually his wife while he was out of town). Next time though.......
post #7 of 33
All said and done, though? I'd rather wait for the redbook CD version as I have bad experience w/ SQ of SACD players, etc. It would be a killer review, though, if someone here did a comparison between the Accuphase & the Esoteric players of the same caliber.
post #8 of 33
Accuphase releases Asr's next player?

BTW, although these are way out of my price range, I'd like to know why there aren't much talk about Naim players...
post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdivider View Post
All said and done, though? I'd rather wait for the redbook CD version as I have bad experience w/ SQ of SACD players, etc. It would be a killer review, though, if someone here did a comparison between the Accuphase & the Esoteric players of the same caliber.
I'v heard the Esoteric P-01/D-01, P-03/D-03 side by side with the Accuphase DP800/DC801 players. I prefer the accuphase. The Esoteric retrieves a "lot" more detail from the disc than the Accuphase but the Accuphase is more mellow, warmer and more involving than the Esoteric. I would take the Accuphase every time. Esoteric Dacs give me a headache.

HOWEVER, the P-01 Esoteric transport with the DC-801 Dac is different. The detail retrieval now comes from the transport and the sonic signature from the Accuphase. Almost like getting the best of both worlds!

One bad comment about the Accuphase transport is that it only has coaxial and HS-link (SACD) digital outputs and no AES/EBU which is pretty cheeky since its own matching Dac has digital AES/EBU inputs. I guess they want you to use the HS-link output but it should have still been an option.

howie
post #10 of 33
ASR ... I have an Accuphase DP-77 SACD player, and it is the best piece of audio gear I've ever owned. Its merits reveal themselves over days, weeks, and months of ownership and operation. The precision of the cd drawer opening and closing, the rock solid feedback of the controls, and the amazing sound ... an almost indescribable combination of detail and smoothness never heard from other digital gear.

I also have an Accuphase A-20 Class A power amp ... an amazing power source for K1000s or speakers.

So ... I completely understand your desire to move up to the DP-700, but for me ... I must resist ... must resist ....

ps: we should have discussed our Accuphase love at MOA .... oh well, another chance at CanJam '08 in May, right?
post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
ASR ... I have an Accuphase DP-77 SACD player, and it is the best piece of audio gear I've ever owned. Its merits reveal themselves over days, weeks, and months of ownership and operation. The precision of the cd drawer opening and closing, the rock solid feedback of the controls, and the amazing sound ... an almost indescribable combination of detail and smoothness never heard from other digital gear.

I also have an Accuphase A-20 Class A power amp ... an amazing power source for K1000s or speakers.

So ... I completely understand your desire to move up to the DP-700, but for me ... I must resist ... must resist ....

ps: we should have discussed our Accuphase love at MOA .... oh well, another chance at CanJam '08 in May, right?
Steve had to up and move away from paradise, so he missed MOA. I hope that Steve will make it to the CanJam'08, and maybe he'll be able to play your DP-700 Gene. By the way, what are you doing up at this hour?
post #12 of 33
Damn. I've heard Gene's player and it's a great player. I've always loved the fit and finish of Accuphase gear. Someday.....someday
post #13 of 33
Accuphase certainly make some stunning products, both sound and build quality wise. Seems like they have done it again with the DP-700.

My local Stax dealer cary Accuphase as well, so I will check it out next time I drop by. If they have it on display that is...
post #14 of 33
I have always loved the look of Accuphase products. I was at the website just last week looking at the amps. The DP-700 looks to be a killer product. I wish someone here in Hawaii carried them...
post #15 of 33
heheh Asr is tempted again.. Take one for the team!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Accuphase releases DP-700!