Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DIY Discman Repair Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The DIY Discman Repair Thread - Page 29

post #421 of 444

I have Sony D-303.  It skips when I put it flat and play but it works just fine if I put in 45 degree or some thing. 

I wonder you can share info how to fix the unit.

 

Thank you.

post #422 of 444

Seems we have to restart a factory for the Mabuch RF-410 motor :)

 

found that:

where it's said D66 uses the same motor (but I suspect some others do, please guys with dead Discman, check for us the motor specs)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jdbbs.com/thread-2335159-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgyTGeNOAP-QU2JcBLAQLrqcAl9Ew

 

and new motors:

http://estore.fox-international.com/productdetail.asp?id=16594

 

Mine don't skip at all, only some odd noises (bzz, tic, bzz brrr tic tic) now and then in the player, the music flow with easy and "weight". Won't put its modding here as it's not faulty... only if it should read CD-RW, can it play CD-RW? It does not.

post #423 of 444

That fox-international does not have stock.  I tried to order and they were backorder it forever.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefoda View Post

Seems we have to restart a factory for the Mabuch RF-410 motor :)

 

found that:

where it's said D66 uses the same motor (but I suspect some others do, please guys with dead Discman, check for us the motor specs)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jdbbs.com/thread-2335159-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgyTGeNOAP-QU2JcBLAQLrqcAl9Ew

 

and new motors:

http://estore.fox-international.com/productdetail.asp?id=16594

 

Mine don't skip at all, only some odd noises (bzz, tic, bzz brrr tic tic) now and then in the player, the music flow with easy and "weight". Won't put its modding here as it's not faulty... only if it should read CD-RW, can it play CD-RW? It does not.



 

post #424 of 444

So it's the D-303 curse :'(

I think I'll oil (Thorens TT oil) the bearing and shaft when I'll mod the player. I will report both and hope that preventive lubrication may increase the life of that more-rare-than-the-D-303-istelf motor!

post #425 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by d052057 View Post

I have Sony D-303.  It skips when I put it flat and play but it works just fine if I put in 45 degree or some thing. 

I wonder you can share info how to fix the unit.

 

Thank you.

There is an adjustment that can be done that often corrects this. I have done it a few times but it has been a few years and have forgotten the specifics. I believe I found the information here on Headfi but over where the portable cd players would be and under skipping D303 or repair of D303 or it may have been this thread. There were even some diagrams. Some searches should bring up the information. I was able to get my D303 to a good working condition, one of them but a second I could not. 

 

The D303 has one of the best internal amplifier systems of any portable. Too bad it was/is so prone to skipping and isn't really a portable with regards to walking around and using it. 


Edited by jamato8 - 4/20/11 at 2:23pm
post #426 of 444


Yes, adjusting pots does not alway fix the skipping problem.  

 

Totally agree that D303 has the best headphone output.  I bought a D555 and compare with D303.  I prefer D303's headphone out more.  But D555's lineout is unbeatable.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post



There is an adjustment that can be done that often corrects this. I have done it a few times but it has been a few years and have forgotten the specifics. I believe I found the information here on Headfi but over where the portable cd players would be and under skipping D303 or repair of D303 or it may have been this thread. There were even some diagrams. Some searches should bring up the information. I was able to get my D303 to a good working condition, one of them but a second I could not. 

 

The D303 has one of the best internal amplifier systems of any portable. Too bad it was/is so prone to skipping and isn't really a portable with regards to walking around and using it. 



 

post #427 of 444

Hi guys, I just bought 9 broken PCDP's on ebay in a bulk sale

 

$(KGrHqUOKpwE25gr1mCfBN1N3+QcoQ~~_12.JPG

 

 

I thought the Kenwood at the back and Panasonic front right look cool.

 

I'm looking at some vintage Sony Discman's as well, plz don't have a bidding war with me. =]

 

 

post #428 of 444

Any problems related to SONY D303/35 can be solved now, including notorious skipping issue.

 

Brand new RF410 motors are ready for your players!

 

Contact me if you really need service.

post #429 of 444

I'm a new member of Head Fi. I just bought a D35 from Ebay. I can't wait to test it out! If there are any issues I'll let you guys know.

post #430 of 444

I'll be sure to holler at you

post #431 of 444

Thanks for the motor.  My D303 and D350 are skipping free now!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosun View Post

Any problems related to SONY D303/35 can be solved now, including notorious skipping issue.

 

Brand new RF410 motors are ready for your players!

 

Contact me if you really need service.



 

post #432 of 444

Recently, I got Sony Discman D-T3 (made in 1987), it spins, plays, but skips every few seconds, it's getting better in the middle or end of CD.

At the beginning of CD, skipping is worse.

Where should I start? I am newbie in term of repairing. I read previous postings, try to open it up, but I can't get into the motor parts or see pots, as the circuit board covers it, and I didn't see how to get it off without loose the those tiny wires. 

experienced DIY, please help me with some advice.

 

any video/picture on how to disassemble discman, I feel I fail to even open it up. :(

post #433 of 444

Is it hard to replace spindle motor in sony d-99 ? Is it mabuchi rf-410 ? (there are a few different models CA/CH etc if I am correct). I would love to see some video tutorials or at least some pictures of your repair work guys, that would be really great and helpful to anyone ! Can anybody send me some service manuals ? I cannot find any for my sony d-99, d-250, d-50mkII, d-100, aiwa xp-7, aiwa xp-33. If you are willing to share please send it to audiophile99@interia.pl


Edited by magicman - 6/20/12 at 10:05pm
post #434 of 444

hello ppl

i own a sony d ne005 and a panasonic Sl MV60 (both of them gifts).the panasonic SL MV60  has been lying around for quite some time now and i am hoping to revive it courtesy of this thread..the cd player was bought in 2005.it has been used intermittently since..but it stopped working around 4-5 years ago ,when at first it stopped playing discs continuously and then stopped playing altogether,now whenever i pop a disc in and play the display turns on for a moment ,then  it reads "no disc"..there is no spin in the player.i dissembled the player and am posting the clicks.however  

the pics are low resolution .dunno if it helps.??the PCB  is clean and there hasnt been any spill, 

i have  read quite some of the posts in this thread and am determined to try out .the repair of my player.can anyone guide me to this effect?am hopeful someone will guide me to a solution , 

thanx all

post #435 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankkr1986 View Post

hello ppl

i own a sony d ne005 and a panasonic Sl MV60 (both of them gifts).the panasonic SL MV60  has been lying around for quite some time now and i am hoping to revive it courtesy of this thread..the cd player was bought in 2005.it has been used intermittently since..but it stopped working around 4-5 years ago ,when at first it stopped playing discs continuously and then stopped playing altogether,now whenever i pop a disc in and play the display turns on for a moment ,then  it reads "no disc"..there is no spin in the player.i dissembled the player and am posting the clicks.however  

the pics are low resolution .dunno if it helps.??the PCB  is clean and there hasnt been any spill, 

i have  read quite some of the posts in this thread and am determined to try out .the repair of my player.can anyone guide me to this effect?am hopeful someone will guide me to a solution , 

thanx all


So can you manual turn the spindle? The laser track might need lubricating also.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The DIY Discman Repair Thread