- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/10
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help deciding on headphones, budget £50 to £70 (NOT ABOVE!) Last post on 1/3/12 at 5:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-424 help! Last post on 1/25/13 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help!!!!!! Last post on 8/10/11 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are these Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones legitimate or are they counterfeits? Last post on 8/3/11 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me? Please help narrow my search! Last post on 8/14/11 at 10:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Possible pair of counterfeit MDR-V700DJ - Page 2post #16 of 244/11/10 at 3:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 244/11/10 at 6:37pmpost #18 of 244/12/10 at 12:58amconcern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.
personally, if the concern is raised that it's not created by Sony, and for THAT reason only, then I wouldn't bother, as long as it functions fine.You folks got me worked up, I checked my V150's and it's got a CE on the band, but my JVC's don't got em just says made in china..post #19 of 244/12/10 at 8:11pmQuote:concern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.
Still nothing on the sound, which is the giveaway.
Purportedly, though I admit I've never heard a fake one so I have to go by what those who supposedly heard a fake one say to an extent. =Ppost #20 of 244/12/10 at 8:47pmpost #21 of 2410/2/10 at 9:38am
Well, I just snagged a pair of "V700DJs" off a chinese ebay seller with similarly high ratings. It was less than $30 and took a month to arrive. However, everything that is commonly referred to as signs of fakes don't match up.
The jack has green insulators and the adapter screws on.
The cable is a dull rubber, and feels very solid.
General construction is strong.
Sound is much better than my cheap XD200s from Amazon. Don't have any awesome phones to compare it too, but I'm more than satisfied with the sound.post #22 of 243/24/14 at 2:39pmpost #23 of 243/24/14 at 2:40pmpost #24 of 244/3/14 at 7:00amHave a pair of these purchased when they first came out in UK, unfortunately don't have box/manuals/bag anymore so can't really help with comparisons. What I do know is that the cup swivel units on the originals are a bit ***** when it comes to longevity, had to wrap them with locking wire as they started splitting.
They were used for about 2 years as spares in a club for idiots who forgot to remember their own, then they got retired and I use them for home listening or gaming and they are absolutely spot on sound wise for anything I throw at them.
Anyway, main reason I thought I would pipe up is to ask if anyone has seen the fakes available anywhere as I'm interested in buying a pair to replace said swivels and 30 quid or so is cheaper then the £100 that Sony wanted for the headband and swivels which must be purchased as a unit!
Alternatively, what suggestions for a pair of home use only open head speakers for less than £100, I like my music to be fairly bass heavy if that helps.
Edited by Pbiggy - 4/4/14 at 5:01am
- Possible pair of counterfeit MDR-V700DJ
- Headphone Impedance
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 11 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear