- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/10
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help deciding on headphones, budget £50 to £70 (NOT ABOVE!) Last post on 1/3/12 at 5:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-424 help! Last post on 1/25/13 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help!!!!!! Last post on 8/10/11 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are these Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones legitimate or are they counterfeits? Last post on 8/3/11 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me? Please help narrow my search! Last post on 8/14/11 at 10:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Possible pair of counterfeit MDR-V700DJ - Page 2post #16 of 244/11/10 at 3:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 244/11/10 at 6:37pmpost #18 of 244/12/10 at 12:58amconcern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.
personally, if the concern is raised that it's not created by Sony, and for THAT reason only, then I wouldn't bother, as long as it functions fine.You folks got me worked up, I checked my V150's and it's got a CE on the band, but my JVC's don't got em just says made in china..post #19 of 244/12/10 at 8:11pmQuote:concern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.
Still nothing on the sound, which is the giveaway.
Purportedly, though I admit I've never heard a fake one so I have to go by what those who supposedly heard a fake one say to an extent. =Ppost #20 of 244/12/10 at 8:47pmpost #21 of 2410/2/10 at 9:38am
Well, I just snagged a pair of "V700DJs" off a chinese ebay seller with similarly high ratings. It was less than $30 and took a month to arrive. However, everything that is commonly referred to as signs of fakes don't match up.
The jack has green insulators and the adapter screws on.
The cable is a dull rubber, and feels very solid.
General construction is strong.
Sound is much better than my cheap XD200s from Amazon. Don't have any awesome phones to compare it too, but I'm more than satisfied with the sound.post #22 of 243/24/14 at 2:39pmpost #23 of 243/24/14 at 2:40pmpost #24 of 244/3/14 at 7:00amHave a pair of these purchased when they first came out in UK, unfortunately don't have box/manuals/bag anymore so can't really help with comparisons. What I do know is that the cup swivel units on the originals are a bit ***** when it comes to longevity, had to wrap them with locking wire as they started splitting.
They were used for about 2 years as spares in a club for idiots who forgot to remember their own, then they got retired and I use them for home listening or gaming and they are absolutely spot on sound wise for anything I throw at them.
Anyway, main reason I thought I would pipe up is to ask if anyone has seen the fakes available anywhere as I'm interested in buying a pair to replace said swivels and 30 quid or so is cheaper then the £100 that Sony wanted for the headband and swivels which must be purchased as a unit!
Alternatively, what suggestions for a pair of home use only open head speakers for less than £100, I like my music to be fairly bass heavy if that helps.
Edited by Pbiggy - 4/4/14 at 5:01am
- Possible pair of counterfeit MDR-V700DJ
- Headphone Impedance
- › Help me setup my perfect audio setup. Getting a pair of closed,... 32 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 7 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear