Ah, just seeing these. Great photo!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- have you ever noticed funny smell coming from your little dot amp? Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me decide on a new Little-Dot Last post on 10/23/10 at 9:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT990 600 ohm. Would Little Dot MK II be an ok amp? Last post on 9/5/10 at 11:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
- Headphone Impedance
Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol!!! I now know what to do next fourth of July! Buy some cheap, worthless for audio tube and go to town! How great!
This is absolutely stunning. I almost went with that model but I use my amp with my computer and I couldn't justify using a tube amp off a computer and wasting the tube hours on stuff like games.
That and it doesn't pair well with as well as the Asgard with W5000's. Regardless, these are probably my favorite pictures in this thread and I was cruising this thread for just this model and shot.
I am using the Sennheiser HD 598, Denon D2000 and the Fostex T50RP and all work well with the amp. The Denon D2000 really benefits from the amp by bringing up the recessed V shaped midrange a bit. The amp has a fullness or richness to the sound with great dynamic punch. I told Glenn that the amp gave me the impression that it was a cross between the mellowness of the Burson 160A amp and the power and dynamic range of the Woo WA5LE, which I tried while I was at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. The amp that Glenn made that I ended up buying is the only current tube amp that I know of that can use the 3DG4 or the remarkable 5AU4 rectifier tube. The transformer is rated for 5 amps on either the 3v or the 5v for rectifier tube. My 3DG4 tube has a voltage drop of only 23v at 350ma as an example. The prices are low on these tubes and that is why he is using them: good performance for the price. Glenn likes to use Sprague Atom Capacitors and sometimes paper in oil for his designs. Glenn is no copycat. Here is an another picture of the amp.
Edited by john57 - 11/6/11 at 1:11pm
- Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
- › Alternative Rock (Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie... 48 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Almi's X-Fi Mod (Hotrodding Sound Blaster X-Fi models) 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...