Ah, just seeing these. Great photo!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- have you ever noticed funny smell coming from your little dot amp? Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me decide on a new Little-Dot Last post on 10/23/10 at 9:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT990 600 ohm. Would Little Dot MK II be an ok amp? Last post on 9/5/10 at 11:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
- Headphone Impedance
Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol!!! I now know what to do next fourth of July! Buy some cheap, worthless for audio tube and go to town! How great!
This is absolutely stunning. I almost went with that model but I use my amp with my computer and I couldn't justify using a tube amp off a computer and wasting the tube hours on stuff like games.
That and it doesn't pair well with as well as the Asgard with W5000's. Regardless, these are probably my favorite pictures in this thread and I was cruising this thread for just this model and shot.
I am using the Sennheiser HD 598, Denon D2000 and the Fostex T50RP and all work well with the amp. The Denon D2000 really benefits from the amp by bringing up the recessed V shaped midrange a bit. The amp has a fullness or richness to the sound with great dynamic punch. I told Glenn that the amp gave me the impression that it was a cross between the mellowness of the Burson 160A amp and the power and dynamic range of the Woo WA5LE, which I tried while I was at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. The amp that Glenn made that I ended up buying is the only current tube amp that I know of that can use the 3DG4 or the remarkable 5AU4 rectifier tube. The transformer is rated for 5 amps on either the 3v or the 5v for rectifier tube. My 3DG4 tube has a voltage drop of only 23v at 350ma as an example. The prices are low on these tubes and that is why he is using them: good performance for the price. Glenn likes to use Sprague Atom Capacitors and sometimes paper in oil for his designs. Glenn is no copycat. Here is an another picture of the amp.
Edited by john57 - 11/6/11 at 1:11pm
- Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 1 second ago
- › Eddie Current 445, with 4 EML Mesh tubes, 4 extra tubes and... 48 seconds ago
- › Jomo Audio 57 seconds ago
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 7 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...