Ah, just seeing these. Great photo!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- have you ever noticed funny smell coming from your little dot amp? Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me decide on a new Little-Dot Last post on 10/23/10 at 9:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT990 600 ohm. Would Little Dot MK II be an ok amp? Last post on 9/5/10 at 11:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
- Headphone Impedance
Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! - Page 49
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Lol!!! I now know what to do next fourth of July! Buy some cheap, worthless for audio tube and go to town! How great!
This is absolutely stunning. I almost went with that model but I use my amp with my computer and I couldn't justify using a tube amp off a computer and wasting the tube hours on stuff like games.
That and it doesn't pair well with as well as the Asgard with W5000's. Regardless, these are probably my favorite pictures in this thread and I was cruising this thread for just this model and shot.
I am using the Sennheiser HD 598, Denon D2000 and the Fostex T50RP and all work well with the amp. The Denon D2000 really benefits from the amp by bringing up the recessed V shaped midrange a bit. The amp has a fullness or richness to the sound with great dynamic punch. I told Glenn that the amp gave me the impression that it was a cross between the mellowness of the Burson 160A amp and the power and dynamic range of the Woo WA5LE, which I tried while I was at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. The amp that Glenn made that I ended up buying is the only current tube amp that I know of that can use the 3DG4 or the remarkable 5AU4 rectifier tube. The transformer is rated for 5 amps on either the 3v or the 5v for rectifier tube. My 3DG4 tube has a voltage drop of only 23v at 350ma as an example. The prices are low on these tubes and that is why he is using them: good performance for the price. Glenn likes to use Sprague Atom Capacitors and sometimes paper in oil for his designs. Glenn is no copycat. Here is an another picture of the amp.
Edited by john57 - 11/6/11 at 1:11pm
- Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 29 seconds ago
- › FS: Heir Auio Magnus 1 *Price Drop* 43 seconds ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 46 seconds ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › Who puts out good modern vinyl pressings? 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe