Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- have you ever noticed funny smell coming from your little dot amp? Last post on 1/6/11 at 10:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me decide on a new Little-Dot Last post on 10/23/10 at 9:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT990 600 ohm. Would Little Dot MK II be an ok amp? Last post on 9/5/10 at 11:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
- Headphone Impedance
Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You have plenty of light there! increase the F-stop number to increase your depth of field. Only the second tube is in focus, more tubes more tubes, LOL
Thank you, Wedge. I found these on internet, what do you think?
Thanks for the nice comments (expressions?) :)
Actually the only light comes from a 13 watt fluorescent bulb directed to the room's ceiling to indirectly light the room. It was the long exposure time (with a tripod, naturally) that made it come out so bright.
I narrowed the depth of field intentionally, but I'll certainly take a couple more with the tubes in focus this afternoon when I come back from work to post more glowing tubes :)
@Wedge: I concur with dannie01, that WA5 looks like it came out of a dream.
@dannie01: Those rectifiers look really nice!! I bet they look much better when glowing in a WA6
I always struggling on how to take these kind of good pics like you guys did, anyway the WA2 looks wonderful, the_equalizer.
Thanks Dannie! You just need a tripod (essential) and setup your camera for long exposure time, no flash, and timer-shot; it doesn't really matter if it's after 2 or 10 seconds, it's just so that you don't shake the camera body when pressing the button :)
That's the question. I'm too lazy to grab a tripod for my camera even it can be set to those setting you've just mentioned, thanks anyway.
- Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
- › Your Suggestion or Design might be used on FiiO Players!!! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for 13 year old girl? Beats? (I know, I know...!) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 7 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 13 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse