Originally Posted by dcstep
With the Woo WA6 your not going to need hundreds of hours to enjoy them. They'll be great on day-one. The bass will fill out over time, but the mids will be great right from the start. If your source has problems, they won't hide it, but fed a good source they're wonderful in the beginning and get even more involving as the bass comes in.
Thanks for the replies.
Source is going to be harman/kardon DVD 37, anyone can say if thats going to be ok?
I bought the special cables for power and audio:
Power: Qed Qonduit Mains Power Cable
The QED Qonduit Mains Power Cable is a high performance BS tested Class 1 power cable for use in any device requiring an IEC plug.
* Uses 84 stranded conductors in each of the 3 cores
* 99.999% oxygen free copper
* Custom designed plug and jacket for increased durability
* Aluminised Mylar foil wrap for interference immunity
* British Standards Approved
Audio: Black Rhodium Prelude Interconnect:
BLACK RHODIUM Prelude will give you greater dynamics and more emotion in your music thanks to a special application of low noise instrumentation cable engineering. By special design techniques for reducing impact induced noise voltages, PRELUDE not only reduces your systems susceptibility to microphony, but also enables you to hear a much clearer rendition of your favourite music, with darker silences between more accurately formed notes. Finally the cables are bound together in stereo pairs to deliver a further audible sound quality improvement.
* Silver-plated Copper conductors for clearer mid and high frequencies.
* Low loss PTFE insulation for tighter control of the sound of bass instruments.
* Employs advanced instrument cable techniques to reduce microphonic noise.
* Attractive green finish adds appeal.
* Hourglass silhouette phono plugs for ease of insertion and extraction from equipment.
* Cable pairs are twisted together for extra clarity of sound and improved imagery
So I think that should do it, I've spent like 700 pounds for it all ($1400).
There was a question before if WooAudio 6 was modded, no it's not it's the stock version.
Did I miss anything?
So far I've got AKG 701, WooAudio 6, cables (power, audio), h/k DVD 37 so i believe that should amount to a decent listening setup.
Any suggestions, keep them coming.