The only time I tried the XM5 without the BUF634 was with the AD8397 board. Sorry I can't help.
Related Forum Threads
- Practical Devices XM6 features and a few queries Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful portable amp Last post on 10/5/13 at 7:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- 300$ amp? Last post on 1/17/11 at 11:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best bass boost amp to use with S:flo2 and Westone UM3X Last post on 12/6/10 at 6:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help! problems with my XM5 Last post on 11/3/10 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Practical Devices XM5 - Page 27post #391 of 3975/25/10 at 6:38pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #392 of 39711/5/10 at 2:16ampost #393 of 3972/18/11 at 3:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Harvey/ GaQuote:Thought I's bump this since this forum is turning into the Ibasso forum. More people need to take a look at this amp, after buffers are installed and better opamps put in it competes well with anything out there. Add to it all the features it has and this will be the last portable amp most people will ever need.
Had mine for almost a year now and still use it daily. Great sounding amp
Hi, I have the 880's 250, with the 8065+buff634. It's a killer combo. You know the feeling when the music sounds so good you want to turn in up more, then a bit more, until you're listening at way more than normal. Yea, that's it. Bass is good, fairly tight. Miss and highs are very transparent. I recabled as well, that makes a bit of difference. Original cables are thin and there's only one neutral wire.post #394 of 39712/27/12 at 4:59pmpea anyone know if this has enough power to do Mad Dogs justice? The MD thread lately has been swearing that theres no portable amp that does MD justice.
Excuse me for not reading Through this whole thread but with new buffer chips and opamp rolling, will this amp be a good pairing with MadDogs?post #395 of 39712/27/12 at 9:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY
pea anyone know if this has enough power to do Mad Dogs justice? The MD thread lately has been swearing that theres no portable amp that does MD justice.
Excuse me for not reading Through this whole thread but with new buffer chips and opamp rolling, will this amp be a good pairing with MadDogs?I know nothing first hand about the MadDogs, but their ads say that the MD's will work with some of the Iphones, etc. The XM-5 has a bit more power then the XM-6 (per their website) and lots more then the Iphone, and there's several other power options available by rolling the chips.My original purchase was with the AD8397 chip. It produced great sound and volume with my AKG 240S phones. I wanted to try other chips, so I got the BUF634 buffer chips and 3 pair of other "front end" chips. The buffer chips produced a bit more volume.Give the XM-5 a try, possibly with the BUF634 and AD8065 chips. If you don't like them/doesn't work with the MadDogs, they'll take it back.post #396 of 39712/28/12 at 4:59amHey Harvey,
Glad to see the XM5 still getting some love. Have had mine for several years and just noticed the different chips they offer now.
Will open her up later today to see what chips I have in there. Been a long time but I think I went with BUF634 but can't remember the other one.
How's the AD8065 & AD8397 DC?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #397 of 39712/30/12 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by MatthewK
Do you own one? What are your thoughts on it?
Anyone have recommendations for opamp rolling? It'll have the BUF634P chips installed when they come in the mail (sadly, it might take a few weeks). I'm considering the OPA627 and LME49710 opamps, maybe the AD8610. I'm not really interested in dual-channel opamps, I want to keep the monoblock configuration.
I've had mine for several years now, originally with the AD8397 chip. Tried the OP134's with the BUF634 buffers, and did not like as well. I rolled again. Presently have LM6171 chips and the BUF634. Also have the LME49710 chips., but can't remember if I tried them or not. The LM6171's have been installed for a few years now, so I probably liked them better then the LME's.
Been too long since I did some serious listening with it and different chips...I may make it a winter project
Maybe I'll get the AD8065 as well.
- Practical Devices XM5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Brand new Fostex TH-X00 serial #323 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...