New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini Box e+ - Page 5

post #61 of 89
Sounds like Mini E+ is a better amp than iBasso P2. And i just ordered a iBasso P2
post #62 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbird1927 View Post
Sounds like Mini E+ is a better amp than iBasso P2. And i just ordered a iBasso P2
Not necesarily, it all depends on what YOU like. You take two different amps and 10 Head-Fiers put them in a room and chances are 5 will prefer one and the other 5 will prefer the other amp.
post #63 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Well, today I started my op-amp rolling adventure w/ the MiniBox-E+....Will keep you posted.
Looking forward to it. Thanks.
post #64 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Not necesarily, it all depends on what YOU like. You take two different amps and 10 Head-Fiers put them in a room and chances are 5 will prefer one and the other 5 will prefer the other amp.
True.
Just hope i have a chance to listen to Mini E+ in the near future.
By the way, thanks for all your help Miguel !
post #65 of 89
I've read through this post and I would have to agree with most of the comments here that the minibox e+ is a great little amp, especially for the price.

However, I have one issue that nobody else seems to have. When I try to switch from P to S, I get a very constricted sound. I understand that burning in an amp can be important in terms of the capacitors but do resistors need to burn in also? My amp probably hasl less than 100 hours on it so far.

Does anyone else notice a degradation of sound using the "S" setting on the minibox e+?
post #66 of 89
What headphones do you use with the PtoS switch? Not many improve with it.
post #67 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyfirst View Post
What headphones do you use with the PtoS switch? Not many improve with it.
Westone UM2

Not only does it not improve the sound but it degrades it. The soundstage is constricted and there is a loss of dynamics. On the P setting the amp sounds very nice.
post #68 of 89
It has to be expected. The inline 75 ohm will screw the frequency response of the UM2, it's not the fault of the amp. You can get good results with Altec Lansing iM716, ER6i and ER4P, but almost all other IEMs will suffer from sound degradation.
post #69 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzen View Post
Westone UM2

Not only does it not improve the sound but it degrades it. The soundstage is constricted and there is a loss of dynamics. On the P setting the amp sounds very nice.
I will have to check on it, I do use the P to S switch and I have not noticed any constriction or loss of dynamics. Interesting!
post #70 of 89
I would have to agree with my e500s(now replaced by Shure so now SE530s) I have the same issue, so I just don't use it. It means I never go much higher than 4ish on my volume knob, and I am very carefull so as not to blow my eardrums or headphones. Thankfully the volume switch on the Minibox E+ is nicely done, so i never have accendental volume increases.

PS Miguel, Have you gotten your new caps yet, and are you still using the AD797, and if so what are your impressions now? do you plan on leaving them in the Minibox E+ or does the opamp rolling experiment continue?
post #71 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDMES View Post
I would have to agree with my e500s(now replaced by Shure so now SE530s) I have the same issue, so I just don't use it. It means I never go much higher than 4ish on my volume knob, and I am very carefull so as not to blow my eardrums or headphones. Thankfully the volume switch on the Minibox E+ is nicely done, so i never have accendental volume increases.

PS Miguel, Have you gotten your new caps yet, and are you still using the AD797, and if so what are your impressions now? do you plan on leaving them in the Minibox E+ or does the opamp rolling experiment continue?
I have ordered additional amps. Next I will order the LM6171, however I received Skylabs 2Move and I put the AD8610 in the MiniBox-E+ to compare the two amps stock.

As far as the 1200 uF 10V I can not find one that fits in the case. I thought of getting a new battery but that could alter the charging circuitry. Perhaps I could remove the buffers and jump them. I would then use the added space for the Panasonic Caps I have.
post #72 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDMES View Post
I would have to agree with my e500s(now replaced by Shure so now SE530s) I have the same issue, so I just don't use it. It means I never go much higher than 4ish on my volume knob, and I am very carefull so as not to blow my eardrums or headphones. Thankfully the volume switch on the Minibox E+ is nicely done, so i never have accendental volume increases.

PS Miguel, Have you gotten your new caps yet, and are you still using the AD797, and if so what are your impressions now? do you plan on leaving them in the Minibox E+ or does the opamp rolling experiment continue?
Me too, I have the E530s and the when I engage the P to S I loose dynamics and some detail. So I keep it on P and it sounds great. Probably would work great for the etys as anthony said.
post #73 of 89
Was looking in the link as I am actually interested in Minibox-E+, but could not find it anywhere that I could listen to it, before deciding... Also, looking at pairing this with ATH-ANC7... Not sure if it will work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammatos View Post
Well it sayz MiniBox-G200, so maybe the price is 200 somethings???
Unfortunately, the Google translator croaked!
The little English on the page, has "pr2,predator,toma,sm3,move". Maybe they're comparing the "G" to these units.
Then you have: "yyum2+minibox-G=er4", any guesses?
BTW, there is a MiniBox-F also.
best,
a.
With my limited Chinese characters knowledge... 200 means after 200 hours of burn-in...

um2+minibox-G clearness is as good as er4, es2 with help of minibox-G, is as clear as the other units (as given in the list)...

-------------

But I have not heard of anyone who got this Minibox-G or F, for that matter... Wonder why...
post #74 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
Was looking in the link as I am actually interested in Minibox-E+, but could not find it anywhere that I could listen to it, before deciding...
I think the only place you would be able to audition would be at a Head-Fi meet that Head Direct was attending.
post #75 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzen View Post
I think the only place you would be able to audition would be at a Head-Fi meet that Head Direct was attending.
That would be difficult... That would require a 17-19 hr flight trip!!! Sigh... Back to drawing board...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)