made for hearing aids that use the same single armature receivers as custom IEM's.
- categoryIn Eartagged by nightmancometh, 12/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on Yesterday at 10:05 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Cleaning IEM's? (Gross Pic Included) - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 401/15/08 at 2:34amyeah package livewires with the crystal stuff :P
im waiting on mine so excited!
triple driver livewires :O if these are coming (IFFFF) im so gna go beserk!post #33 of 401/15/08 at 2:34amYou can't take them apart ? You might just want to clean your ears very well everyday. And give the company a call. I wouldn't stick a guitar wire in there thats for sure.post #34 of 401/15/08 at 3:23ampost #35 of 401/15/08 at 4:22amThread StarterI must be the only guy on the internet with ear wax I cleaned 95% of it by carefully using a paper clip.
I might give that jodi vac gizmo a shot, but there's surprising little information out there on it. Think it's worth $70?post #36 of 401/15/08 at 4:28amCould you partially submerge the ear canal section in some earwax dissolving crap from the drug store so it would melt and come out? Also you will think im nuts but sometimes you can find these wax cones and you light the large end and hold the other end to your ear, don't ask me how but it draws the wax out. I saw it done to someone and it worked.post #37 of 401/15/08 at 4:30ampost #38 of 401/15/08 at 6:31amPoor Ernie, he really threw himself to the wolves with that pic. I was gonna suggest a paper clip with a little peroxide on it, but looks like he beat me to the punch.post #39 of 401/19/08 at 8:17pmpost #40 of 4012/8/14 at 7:03am
Kinda glad I didn't see that pic. But since this seems to be longest thread on this topic, I thought I would share my method.
1. Buy CIEMs with a clear or transparent color (mine are dark "smoked" clear) this way you can see if there is crud inside the tubes etc.
2. Preparation is key. Clean your ears out thoroughly before using IEMs. I used warm water with an ear blub sometimes. But more often than not I use and ear wax removal tool that I make from a paper clip by unbending it straight (except for the largest bend, which I use as a handle, and using the end of a pen to bend the other end around it to form a small loop. That will pull a lot of wax out (gross, yeah I know but would you rather have it inside your expensive IEM or go after it before it gets in there?) So I get as much out as I can with the paper clip loop. Then when they seem clean as I can get them:
4. Dip the end of a Q-tip in rubbing alcohol and gently wipe the inside of your ear canal. (alcohol drys quickly and you don't want moisture inside your IEMs.
5. Inevitably you will not get your ears perfectly clean and there will be some wax on the outer face of the end of the part closest to your eardrum. JH Audio makes a tool just for this. Gravity is your friend or enemy here, depending on how you hold your EIM while cleaning it, so be careful to point the holes in your EIM facing DOWN then use the brush end of the JH tool to get the brush crud off the face of the end of your IEM.
6. Sometimes a bit of wax will make it's way into the hole/tubes despite your best efforts. (that will definitely happen if your brush the off the face if the EIM with the holes pointed up so that gravity will pull the crud down into the holes as you brush. But with clear or transparent IEM's you can see the wax inside the sound tubes. Usually it won't go too far inside and you can get it out with the wire loop at the other end of the JH cleaning tool. But sometimes it'll go farther in than that loop on the tool can reach. If you have several of those tools (which you should) cut one side of the loop and straighten the wire out and then make just a small bend right at the very end (some needle nose pliers are handy for this), just enough of a bend so you can twist and grab/pull the bits that make it farther up into the tube. If they are WAY up then there beyond what that can reach, then put a slight bend at the end of a guitar string and go after it that way.
If you have solid color EIMs, I am sorry for you because you cannot see what's inside them. If you have clear or transparent colored plastic congratulations, you can see if your EIM's are clean.
But always start with your ears first!
Ok. that's my $0.02 Happy listening. Got my JH16s in listening to Edgar Meyer and Chris Thile - Bass and Mandolin as we (I) speak (type).:)
I know it seems like common sense... But maybe helpful to those thinking of getting into the game.
Edited by macshooter - 12/8/14 at 7:10am
- Cleaning IEM's? (Gross Pic Included)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 3 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 9 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 9 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear