Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › My Pico is doing something extremely bizarre!! aka("The Pico Petting Thread"-ed)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Pico is doing something extremely bizarre!! aka("The Pico Petting Thread"-ed) - Page 2

post #16 of 47
Definitely grounding issue - happened to my Raptor when I used an adaptor that shorted the ground pin on the power cord.
post #17 of 47
Mine won't Purr, maybe it's faulty?

Nautilus, what colour is yours? Edwood too?

Mine and Great Danes are black, maybe black ones won't purr?

Most of my other gear does it. Amps all do it. CD and DVD players will do it if they're in the mood. Even my Imod V-cap dock I made will purr sometimes, not sure if it's only when charging the imod through it though, have to check.

I think it's capacitors that make the hum.
post #18 of 47
Probably a switch mode power supply with some earth leakage.
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1117 View Post
I definitely have to admit that these forums really have their golden lol moments.

People stroking their amps... oh my... time to dance, everyone!

I'll see that and raise you this:





post #20 of 47
Wow, Im missing all the fun!! I need to get a Pico. Umm,wait a minute.....I dont know if you people are male or female or what your preferences are.....Is Pico a male or female???
Pico is kinda cute though...lol!

Now Predator.....that sounds rather stalkerish and scary...lol.
post #21 of 47
When you lick it does it make your tongue tingle ?
post #22 of 47
Lol. Amp fetish.
post #23 of 47
Does it make noise when it purrs? o.O
post #24 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkelby View Post
Mine won't Purr, maybe it's faulty?

Nautilus, what colour is yours? Edwood too?

Mine and Great Danes are black, maybe black ones won't purr?

Most of my other gear does it. Amps all do it. CD and DVD players will do it if they're in the mood. Even my Imod V-cap dock I made will purr sometimes, not sure if it's only when charging the imod through it though, have to check.

I think it's capacitors that make the hum.
Well my Pico's black as well and she's purring away at the moment, perhaps you just need to get her into the mood? It requires a pretty sensitive touch to get her goin but I can get her purring with a gentle stroke anywhere on her case except for the knob. Also, what kinda music have you been forcing her to play? Mine purred the first time on the new Iron & Wine album (The Shepherd's Dog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon View Post
Does it make noise when it purrs? o.O
Hardly audible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenice View Post
When you lick it does it make your tongue tingle ?

That's between us
post #25 of 47
Mabe there is a live band inside.LOL
post #26 of 47
I think this is some sort of grounding issue. I experience the same thing with my Move, but only when it is connected to my laptop, and only when I am touching my laptop at the same time... so I guess there is some kind of transference between the laptop and the metal on the amp (acting as grounding? (just guessing, don't know my physics))
post #27 of 47
And I thought I was loving my pico too much...
post #28 of 47
If I run my finger over the top of my Gilmore Lite to press the power switch at the back, it feels like there is a light vibration under my fingers. It's caused my static. I've had other gear do it. It tends to happen more in very low humidity environments. What is your humidity like there?

PS, ask Justin if you're worried.
post #29 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
If I run my finger over the top of my Gilmore Lite to press the power switch at the back, it feels like there is a light vibration under my fingers. It's caused my static. I've had other gear do it. It tends to happen more in very low humidity environments. What is your humidity like there?

PS, ask Justin if you're worried.
I'm at my parents house in Pittsburgh PA (very humid), but I'm going back to school in Fort Collins CO (Very arid). I'm not really worried about it, I actually really like it for some reason? I've just never felt anything like this before in my life and It's extremely consistent so I'm not sure if it static, wouldn't static discharge after a while? Maybe I'll direct him to the thread just because he may be interested. Aside from my Pico being a bit light on the bass it seems to be running just fine but I'll let him know if something goes wrong as I still have a few years left on my warranty.
post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenice View Post
When you lick it does it make your tongue tingle ?
For that, check out a female tongue fetish site.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › My Pico is doing something extremely bizarre!! aka("The Pico Petting Thread"-ed)