Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › A New Tube Aplifier From Serbia- Trafomatic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A New Tube Aplifier From Serbia- Trafomatic - Page 2

post #16 of 102
Thread Starter 
Congratulations to both of you, I hope your impressions are as favorable as mine. Regardless, I will be looking forward to your evaluation of this amp so please remember to post impressions.

FWIW, a Trafomatic Head One will probably make an appearance at the National Meet in 2009.
post #17 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by velogreg View Post
Congratulations to both of you, I hope your impressions are as favorable as mine. Regardless, I will be looking forward to your evaluation of this amp so please remember to post impressions.

FWIW, a Trafomatic Head One will probably make an appearance at the National Meet in 2009.
next time I am down south I need to stop by for a listen to this amp
post #18 of 102
I look forward to everyone's reviews. This amp looks very interesting. I am a little put off by the use of a basically non-tube-rollable Russian triode tube. The EZ80 rectifier tube is the equivalent of the 6V4, so there are lots of rolling options there. But from what I can tell, only the very rare and expensive Western Electric WE437 can sub for the 6S45P triode.
post #19 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post
next time I am down south I need to stop by for a listen to this amp

Anytime, just PM or call me. I always thought you were a OTL kind of guy?
post #20 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I look forward to everyone's reviews. This amp looks very interesting. I am a little put off by the use of a basically non-tube-rollable Russian triode tube. The EZ80 rectifier tube is the equivalent of the 6V4, so there are lots of rolling options there. But from what I can tell, only the very rare and expensive Western Electric WE437 can sub for the 6S45P triode.

Well when you have an opportunity to hear the "stock" tube compliment perhaps you will understand what Sasha had in mind.
post #21 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by velogreg View Post
Well when you have an opportunity to hear the "stock" tube compliment perhaps you will understand what Sasha had in mind.
Perhaps indeed, although I still in general think tube amps that do not offer tube rolling options are not ideal, for two reasons:

1. Many tube amp potential buyers prefer amps that do allow rolling

2. Tube production and availability is unstable enough that options are good.
post #22 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Perhaps indeed, although I still in general think tube amps that do not offer tube rolling options are not ideal, for two reasons:

1. Many tube amp potential buyers prefer amps that do allow rolling

2. Tube production and availability is unstable enough that options are good.
Well, at least the stock tubes will practically last forever and are easy to get.
That's something.
post #23 of 102
Ouch. I just received email from Boris @ Vista audio, he is actually in Serbia right now, and said lead time for the wood trim version of the amp is 6-8 weeks (mid Oct). Black ones are in stock.

Still gonna wait for the wood trim. I'm a sucker for antique looking gear.
post #24 of 102
Serbia ? Does it annihilate it rivals ? all joking aside...that's a cool looking amp to say the least...

Peete.
post #25 of 102
There are alot of R & D + material + labor cost involve when you are developing any new tube gears I think. And in order to have it avail to us at a normal price point (I do not consider a 15k amp "normal"...), only Eastern Europe, Russia and China can do it. And Eastern Europe actually has a huge advantage, because there are alot of classical music inherited in their history (famous composers / soloists).

There are alot of good gears coming from these countries these days, and maybe they do not have the capacities like China, I think their SQ should be equal if not higher then the best from China.
post #26 of 102
That thing looks beautiful,I wonder how it will compare to a RSA Raptor?
post #27 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginasser View Post
That thing looks beautiful,I wonder how it will compare to a RSA Raptor?
I'm planning to compare it to an RSA Stealth.
post #28 of 102
Rough around the edges my behind. Looks solid a a brick .... house.
post #29 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I'm planning to compare it to an RSA Stealth.
You sir are a gentleman
But I just don't think that the comparison would answer my questions as I have read that the stealth and raptor are not comparable,please correct me if I am mistaken.Either way I look forward to reading you review very carefully
Congrats on the purchase BTW!
post #30 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginasser View Post
You sir are a gentleman
But I just don't think that the comparison would answer my questions as I have read that the stealth and raptor are not comparable,please correct me if I am mistaken.Either way I look forward to reading you review very carefully
Congrats on the purchase BTW!
I have always been under the impression that the Raptor and the Stealth are practically the same, except for the pre-amp functionalities of the Stealth.
Can you remember where you read about the differences?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › A New Tube Aplifier From Serbia- Trafomatic