no not really, But i figure it would be a nice preamp:) ivegot a grate problem though , both my psus without load they give a nice 250V output however one of them today magicly decided that when it sees load it should drop to 150v. I am so confused i tried everything with no result, any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 3/28/14 at 7:12pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning Last post on 3/10/13 at 2:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Fire Last post on 6/12/13 at 5:04am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would suspect the fets since they seem to be most likely to fail.
You can try to measure resistance at different places in the circut and compare to your working PS, I think thats a pretty good way when you don´t know what to do.
Im thinking about the possibillity to dubble up the ecc99s and use them in paralell with the original ecc99s, would it be woth a shot?
In my head this would lower the output impedance and distortion, am I right?
Or would all benefits be lost because of the increased load on the phase splitter?
Do I need to change R9,11 and C3,4?
Edit: Im done with my listening test, 6n6p vs ecc99 and I prefer ecc99. They seem more detailed and dynamic.
Edited by vlb - 7/17/11 at 12:46pm
The pinouts are the same and many of the specifications are close enough but there are some differences. The maximum cathode current of the ECC99 is 60mA verses 22mA for the 12AU7WA. Also the maximum plate dissipation for the ECC99 is 5W verses 3W for the 12AU7WA. I don't know what the Bijou is drawing and I am not 100% confident (yet!) in the proper equations to compute said values. As such, I would be hesitant to try the 12AU7WA.
Edited by balderon - 7/30/11 at 1:42am
The output impedance with a 12au7 will be much higher than with the ecc99. The operating points will also need to be changed to fit the tube.
I dont think that matched tubes will make a difference in a Bijou anyways, save them for somewhere where they might.
It is possible to build all sorts of mains-coupled amps. Dont. It was common practice in older table-top radios to try to save money. They stopped production really quick when they realized how easy it was to electrocute yourself - without opening the case.
Lot's of places will match tubes within a few percentage points. Realize, there is no guarantee they will actually perform identically at your operating point. Matching just means they tested close at a particular test point which is generally not representative of the actual operating conditions the tube will be used at.
Forgetting about matched tubes would be the best way.
It may sound somewhat generic at first glance, but is the quest for matched tubes on an amp that does not require them any less generic? Its really a generic quest in many amps... something people do for no reason other then that's what they generally do.
Edited by nikongod - 8/9/11 at 10:19am
So, to pull on the comments from Nikongod a bit farther, why do you believe perfectly matched tubes are important?
You could certainly test with a tube tester. You could also test them in circuit if you want to go through the effort. That would probably be more accurate. One could argue you should also modify the circuit appropriately to find the "sweet spot" for a particular tube or set of tubes rather than search for the perfect tubes for the circuit.
It really depends upon how much work you want to put towards it.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the... 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Any one used a Little Dot MK2 or Tubemagic A1 /w T90 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 2 minutes ago
- › Best bang for buck, Amp/DAC or headphone upgrade... or both (~$250) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-28 VS Woo Audio WA7 6 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 8 minutes ago
- › N22 + Aune T1 wiring 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude