no not really, But i figure it would be a nice preamp:) ivegot a grate problem though , both my psus without load they give a nice 250V output however one of them today magicly decided that when it sees load it should drop to 150v. I am so confused i tried everything with no result, any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Today at 7:53 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 11/3/13 at 3:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 9/10/15 at 9:12am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would suspect the fets since they seem to be most likely to fail.
You can try to measure resistance at different places in the circut and compare to your working PS, I think thats a pretty good way when you don´t know what to do.
Im thinking about the possibillity to dubble up the ecc99s and use them in paralell with the original ecc99s, would it be woth a shot?
In my head this would lower the output impedance and distortion, am I right?
Or would all benefits be lost because of the increased load on the phase splitter?
Do I need to change R9,11 and C3,4?
Edit: Im done with my listening test, 6n6p vs ecc99 and I prefer ecc99. They seem more detailed and dynamic.
Edited by vlb - 7/17/11 at 12:46pm
The pinouts are the same and many of the specifications are close enough but there are some differences. The maximum cathode current of the ECC99 is 60mA verses 22mA for the 12AU7WA. Also the maximum plate dissipation for the ECC99 is 5W verses 3W for the 12AU7WA. I don't know what the Bijou is drawing and I am not 100% confident (yet!) in the proper equations to compute said values. As such, I would be hesitant to try the 12AU7WA.
Edited by balderon - 7/30/11 at 1:42am
The output impedance with a 12au7 will be much higher than with the ecc99. The operating points will also need to be changed to fit the tube.
I dont think that matched tubes will make a difference in a Bijou anyways, save them for somewhere where they might.
It is possible to build all sorts of mains-coupled amps. Dont. It was common practice in older table-top radios to try to save money. They stopped production really quick when they realized how easy it was to electrocute yourself - without opening the case.
Lot's of places will match tubes within a few percentage points. Realize, there is no guarantee they will actually perform identically at your operating point. Matching just means they tested close at a particular test point which is generally not representative of the actual operating conditions the tube will be used at.
Forgetting about matched tubes would be the best way.
It may sound somewhat generic at first glance, but is the quest for matched tubes on an amp that does not require them any less generic? Its really a generic quest in many amps... something people do for no reason other then that's what they generally do.
Edited by nikongod - 8/9/11 at 10:19am
So, to pull on the comments from Nikongod a bit farther, why do you believe perfectly matched tubes are important?
You could certainly test with a tube tester. You could also test them in circuit if you want to go through the effort. That would probably be more accurate. One could argue you should also modify the circuit appropriately to find the "sweet spot" for a particular tube or set of tubes rather than search for the perfect tubes for the circuit.
It really depends upon how much work you want to put towards it.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Minneapolis Meet Nov. 7, 2015 9 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 11 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Closed Back Planar Mangnetic Headphones Now Available in... 14 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 15 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 4 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2