no not really, But i figure it would be a nice preamp:) ivegot a grate problem though , both my psus without load they give a nice 250V output however one of them today magicly decided that when it sees load it should drop to 150v. I am so confused i tried everything with no result, any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 8/24/14 at 6:16am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning Last post on 3/10/13 at 2:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Fire Last post on 6/12/13 at 5:04am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would suspect the fets since they seem to be most likely to fail.
You can try to measure resistance at different places in the circut and compare to your working PS, I think thats a pretty good way when you don´t know what to do.
Im thinking about the possibillity to dubble up the ecc99s and use them in paralell with the original ecc99s, would it be woth a shot?
In my head this would lower the output impedance and distortion, am I right?
Or would all benefits be lost because of the increased load on the phase splitter?
Do I need to change R9,11 and C3,4?
Edit: Im done with my listening test, 6n6p vs ecc99 and I prefer ecc99. They seem more detailed and dynamic.
Edited by vlb - 7/17/11 at 12:46pm
The pinouts are the same and many of the specifications are close enough but there are some differences. The maximum cathode current of the ECC99 is 60mA verses 22mA for the 12AU7WA. Also the maximum plate dissipation for the ECC99 is 5W verses 3W for the 12AU7WA. I don't know what the Bijou is drawing and I am not 100% confident (yet!) in the proper equations to compute said values. As such, I would be hesitant to try the 12AU7WA.
Edited by balderon - 7/30/11 at 1:42am
The output impedance with a 12au7 will be much higher than with the ecc99. The operating points will also need to be changed to fit the tube.
I dont think that matched tubes will make a difference in a Bijou anyways, save them for somewhere where they might.
It is possible to build all sorts of mains-coupled amps. Dont. It was common practice in older table-top radios to try to save money. They stopped production really quick when they realized how easy it was to electrocute yourself - without opening the case.
Lot's of places will match tubes within a few percentage points. Realize, there is no guarantee they will actually perform identically at your operating point. Matching just means they tested close at a particular test point which is generally not representative of the actual operating conditions the tube will be used at.
Forgetting about matched tubes would be the best way.
It may sound somewhat generic at first glance, but is the quest for matched tubes on an amp that does not require them any less generic? Its really a generic quest in many amps... something people do for no reason other then that's what they generally do.
Edited by nikongod - 8/9/11 at 10:19am
So, to pull on the comments from Nikongod a bit farther, why do you believe perfectly matched tubes are important?
You could certainly test with a tube tester. You could also test them in circuit if you want to go through the effort. That would probably be more accurate. One could argue you should also modify the circuit appropriately to find the "sweet spot" for a particular tube or set of tubes rather than search for the perfect tubes for the circuit.
It really depends upon how much work you want to put towards it.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › girl vashikaran specialist baba +91-9950620150 18 seconds ago
- › ipad air with Clash of clans champion lvl122, TH10, Max Defense,... 26 seconds ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D - ODAC and O2 amp 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeaker Alpha Dog 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev-1 Good Condition with PlusSound cable! 3 minutes ago
- › Online love problem solution baba=+91-9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › vashikaran specialist baba+91-9950620150 5 minutes ago
- › HUSBAND VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST ONLINE LOVE in +91-9950620150 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)