no not really, But i figure it would be a nice preamp:) ivegot a grate problem though , both my psus without load they give a nice 250V output however one of them today magicly decided that when it sees load it should drop to 150v. I am so confused i tried everything with no result, any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 12/2/14 at 7:14am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning Last post on 3/10/13 at 2:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Cavalli Audio - Liquid Fire Last post on 6/12/13 at 5:04am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been working with RockJaw UK for the last 12 months giving feedback on their IEM...
Accessories (3.5/5): 1x Large, black, thick double-flange tips 1x Large, clear, bulbous single-flange tips 1x Large, clear, angled single-flanged tips 1x Medium, clear,...
I have my home listening station featuring a Hifiman 500 and the necessary economic infrastructure needed to make those shine. That's where I spend time deep listening, sipping hot tea, moving into...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would suspect the fets since they seem to be most likely to fail.
You can try to measure resistance at different places in the circut and compare to your working PS, I think thats a pretty good way when you don´t know what to do.
Im thinking about the possibillity to dubble up the ecc99s and use them in paralell with the original ecc99s, would it be woth a shot?
In my head this would lower the output impedance and distortion, am I right?
Or would all benefits be lost because of the increased load on the phase splitter?
Do I need to change R9,11 and C3,4?
Edit: Im done with my listening test, 6n6p vs ecc99 and I prefer ecc99. They seem more detailed and dynamic.
Edited by vlb - 7/17/11 at 12:46pm
The pinouts are the same and many of the specifications are close enough but there are some differences. The maximum cathode current of the ECC99 is 60mA verses 22mA for the 12AU7WA. Also the maximum plate dissipation for the ECC99 is 5W verses 3W for the 12AU7WA. I don't know what the Bijou is drawing and I am not 100% confident (yet!) in the proper equations to compute said values. As such, I would be hesitant to try the 12AU7WA.
Edited by balderon - 7/30/11 at 1:42am
The output impedance with a 12au7 will be much higher than with the ecc99. The operating points will also need to be changed to fit the tube.
I dont think that matched tubes will make a difference in a Bijou anyways, save them for somewhere where they might.
It is possible to build all sorts of mains-coupled amps. Dont. It was common practice in older table-top radios to try to save money. They stopped production really quick when they realized how easy it was to electrocute yourself - without opening the case.
Lot's of places will match tubes within a few percentage points. Realize, there is no guarantee they will actually perform identically at your operating point. Matching just means they tested close at a particular test point which is generally not representative of the actual operating conditions the tube will be used at.
Forgetting about matched tubes would be the best way.
It may sound somewhat generic at first glance, but is the quest for matched tubes on an amp that does not require them any less generic? Its really a generic quest in many amps... something people do for no reason other then that's what they generally do.
Edited by nikongod - 8/9/11 at 10:19am
So, to pull on the comments from Nikongod a bit farther, why do you believe perfectly matched tubes are important?
You could certainly test with a tube tester. You could also test them in circuit if you want to go through the effort. That would probably be more accurate. One could argue you should also modify the circuit appropriately to find the "sweet spot" for a particular tube or set of tubes rather than search for the perfect tubes for the circuit.
It really depends upon how much work you want to put towards it.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 51 seconds ago
- › New IEMs from Monoprice - Hi-Fi Reflective Sound Technology Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › WARNING! SCAM! Final Audio Piano Forte X-G 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › Yurbuds Ironman Focus Behind the Ear Performance Earloop Fit Sport... by ShadowZ32
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by Ander
- › T-PEOS 3Way Hybrid Premium Sound Earphone H-150 by faithguy19
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)