no not really, But i figure it would be a nice preamp:) ivegot a grate problem though , both my psus without load they give a nice 250V output however one of them today magicly decided that when it sees load it should drop to 150v. I am so confused i tried everything with no result, any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 11/3/13 at 3:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 4/29/15 at 8:53am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would suspect the fets since they seem to be most likely to fail.
You can try to measure resistance at different places in the circut and compare to your working PS, I think thats a pretty good way when you don´t know what to do.
Im thinking about the possibillity to dubble up the ecc99s and use them in paralell with the original ecc99s, would it be woth a shot?
In my head this would lower the output impedance and distortion, am I right?
Or would all benefits be lost because of the increased load on the phase splitter?
Do I need to change R9,11 and C3,4?
Edit: Im done with my listening test, 6n6p vs ecc99 and I prefer ecc99. They seem more detailed and dynamic.
Edited by vlb - 7/17/11 at 12:46pm
The pinouts are the same and many of the specifications are close enough but there are some differences. The maximum cathode current of the ECC99 is 60mA verses 22mA for the 12AU7WA. Also the maximum plate dissipation for the ECC99 is 5W verses 3W for the 12AU7WA. I don't know what the Bijou is drawing and I am not 100% confident (yet!) in the proper equations to compute said values. As such, I would be hesitant to try the 12AU7WA.
Edited by balderon - 7/30/11 at 1:42am
The output impedance with a 12au7 will be much higher than with the ecc99. The operating points will also need to be changed to fit the tube.
I dont think that matched tubes will make a difference in a Bijou anyways, save them for somewhere where they might.
It is possible to build all sorts of mains-coupled amps. Dont. It was common practice in older table-top radios to try to save money. They stopped production really quick when they realized how easy it was to electrocute yourself - without opening the case.
Lot's of places will match tubes within a few percentage points. Realize, there is no guarantee they will actually perform identically at your operating point. Matching just means they tested close at a particular test point which is generally not representative of the actual operating conditions the tube will be used at.
Forgetting about matched tubes would be the best way.
It may sound somewhat generic at first glance, but is the quest for matched tubes on an amp that does not require them any less generic? Its really a generic quest in many amps... something people do for no reason other then that's what they generally do.
Edited by nikongod - 8/9/11 at 10:19am
So, to pull on the comments from Nikongod a bit farther, why do you believe perfectly matched tubes are important?
You could certainly test with a tube tester. You could also test them in circuit if you want to go through the effort. That would probably be more accurate. One could argue you should also modify the circuit appropriately to find the "sweet spot" for a particular tube or set of tubes rather than search for the perfect tubes for the circuit.
It really depends upon how much work you want to put towards it.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 22 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 31 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mid-forward in ears with good treble but not a lot of bass... 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 7 minutes ago
- › My "all in one" auxiliary input hub replacement? 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)