Has anyone here ever found what the actual output in watts is, with ECC99's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! Last post on 4/20/16 at 4:24pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour Last post on Yesterday at 3:07 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The New CavalliAudio.com is now open! Last post on 3/23/16 at 9:14pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Loyalty/Upgrade Discount Last post on 4/21/16 at 11:19am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Lifetime Warranty Last post on 2/14/16 at 5:11pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 260
Do watts equal sound quality? the proliferation of truly horrid sounding 500-1KW speaker amps and the small but obvious army of amps that actually sound quite nice putting out only 10-75W brings the value of the watt into question. Its almost worth looking for LESS power considering the trends. Perhaps exactly as much as you need? like for example if you only need 1W to drive your speakers you give yourself a healthy 20db of headroom and buy a 10W amp. Or if you only need 10mW to drive your headphones you build a 100mW amp (1/10<1/8)
On that note you will be lucky to get 1/8W out of the bijou (are you lucky to subject yourself to SPL in the 110db+ range? I guess its a matter of perspective). This is conditional on the amount of feedback used, and the load impedance and will usually be LESS! heh. Its a good thing that for conventional dynamic headphones not even 1/8W will get your headphones singing loud enough for all but the most hardcore.
Thanks for all the info.
I ask because I'm thinking real hard of getting a pair of LCD 2's, and they seem to need a few watts to properly power them.
At the AZ meet last weekend, we had a member bring his Leben 600, which has just under a watt output at the headphone
jack. The LCD's sounded OK out of it, but much better when he hooked them up directly to his speaker outputs.
I tried his LCD's on my Bijou, and it seemed to drive them fine, but after hearing the differences on the Leben, I'm wondering
if my Bijou really has enough to drive them with authority.
Im 50/50 on the whole driving orthos thing.
I generally take a very minimalist/low power approach to headphones, and IME it sort of works with orthos although I do generally prefer orthos when driven from an amp that can put several watts or more into 8ohms.
I should also note that I prefer my HD800 from an OTL amp to orthos from pretty much anything. I prefer the soundstage-width on the HD800, and Frequency response between them is close enough to EQ.
Theoretically if the ps is in a separate box, the emf caused by it would will not affect the amp box(and therefor its components) so no. But if u have some lying around just use them, remove as much variables from the equation as u can :P
Im finaly doing the last work on the case, but I want to be done with all mods (for now) before I close the lid.
Im going to try 6n30p and 6n6p.
Ive got some spare power since Im using 2 hammond 370daz.
Would the 6n30ps benefit from higher bias than regals mod?
If so, can you recomend resistor values?
Would it be possible use 6n6p as input tubes?
Edited by vlb - 5/4/11 at 10:32pm
No I mean HT current. I built my bijou as dual mono with one 370daz per channel so Ive got some spare power.
Im reading "valve amplifiers" by M.Jones and I think Ive "mastered" the calculations to bias the input tubes, so I want to know how much current B+ will deliver.
But I gues Im being lazy, some power resistors a osciloscope and some spare time will give me the answear.
My Bijou has a new face.
I also added a three-way power switch with front panel acces. The old, blue faceplate is still there, with the controls
still mounted to it. The new one mounts over the old one.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 8 minutes ago
- › Need some pointers for my first amp build 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse