Has anyone here ever found what the actual output in watts is, with ECC99's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Today at 2:43 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 11/3/13 at 3:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release Last post on 4/15/15 at 7:42pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier - Page 260
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Do watts equal sound quality? the proliferation of truly horrid sounding 500-1KW speaker amps and the small but obvious army of amps that actually sound quite nice putting out only 10-75W brings the value of the watt into question. Its almost worth looking for LESS power considering the trends. Perhaps exactly as much as you need? like for example if you only need 1W to drive your speakers you give yourself a healthy 20db of headroom and buy a 10W amp. Or if you only need 10mW to drive your headphones you build a 100mW amp (1/10<1/8)
On that note you will be lucky to get 1/8W out of the bijou (are you lucky to subject yourself to SPL in the 110db+ range? I guess its a matter of perspective). This is conditional on the amount of feedback used, and the load impedance and will usually be LESS! heh. Its a good thing that for conventional dynamic headphones not even 1/8W will get your headphones singing loud enough for all but the most hardcore.
Thanks for all the info.
I ask because I'm thinking real hard of getting a pair of LCD 2's, and they seem to need a few watts to properly power them.
At the AZ meet last weekend, we had a member bring his Leben 600, which has just under a watt output at the headphone
jack. The LCD's sounded OK out of it, but much better when he hooked them up directly to his speaker outputs.
I tried his LCD's on my Bijou, and it seemed to drive them fine, but after hearing the differences on the Leben, I'm wondering
if my Bijou really has enough to drive them with authority.
Im 50/50 on the whole driving orthos thing.
I generally take a very minimalist/low power approach to headphones, and IME it sort of works with orthos although I do generally prefer orthos when driven from an amp that can put several watts or more into 8ohms.
I should also note that I prefer my HD800 from an OTL amp to orthos from pretty much anything. I prefer the soundstage-width on the HD800, and Frequency response between them is close enough to EQ.
Theoretically if the ps is in a separate box, the emf caused by it would will not affect the amp box(and therefor its components) so no. But if u have some lying around just use them, remove as much variables from the equation as u can :P
Im finaly doing the last work on the case, but I want to be done with all mods (for now) before I close the lid.
Im going to try 6n30p and 6n6p.
Ive got some spare power since Im using 2 hammond 370daz.
Would the 6n30ps benefit from higher bias than regals mod?
If so, can you recomend resistor values?
Would it be possible use 6n6p as input tubes?
Edited by vlb - 5/4/11 at 10:32pm
No I mean HT current. I built my bijou as dual mono with one 370daz per channel so Ive got some spare power.
Im reading "valve amplifiers" by M.Jones and I think Ive "mastered" the calculations to bias the input tubes, so I want to know how much current B+ will deliver.
But I gues Im being lazy, some power resistors a osciloscope and some spare time will give me the answear.
My Bijou has a new face.
I also added a three-way power switch with front panel acces. The old, blue faceplate is still there, with the controls
still mounted to it. The new one mounts over the old one.
- Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-X - Excellent - brand new drivers! 1 minute ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with Stefan AudioArt 10’ E-Series SE Cable - Both... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones under £200 for Rock/Vocals in 2015? 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2