Was playing around tonight and decided to pick up a pair of porta pros since they were only $20 at the store. For the meantime since I'm very ghetto I've improved fit and comfort simply with a solid cable extension and a velcro shoulder pad from a tablet messenger bag. Will post a pic later for people to snicker at. ;-)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from my modded portapro's Last post on 3/30/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Porta pro question Last post on 11/8/10 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- PX100-II vs AKG K420 vs AKG K430 Last post on 7/18/12 at 8:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Headphone Recommendation for Classics and Others While Walking Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Taking Koss Portapro to the Limit (cool mods). - Page 7post #91 of 969/20/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 969/21/13 at 10:42am
Went ahead a realized that I had another shoulder strap from another bag which was smaller and not ever going to be used on the bag it went with again. Only problem was it was a solid piece without any way to open or close it so I had to dig out the hook and loop fasteners and scissors.
Already cut old frayed shoulder strap pad from a Slappa bag and some Velcro brand hook and loop I cut in half.
Trick I learned about Hook and Loop, you increase the strength of it if you separate your total surface into two halves and have 1 rough and 1 smooth strip on each surface.
Complete ghetto mod open albeit with a lot of frayed fabric I should burn off soon (the bag and strap have been through a lot).
Closed and on the portapros.
My temporary fix for the very short cables until I can find some time to tinker and solder on some detachable inputs and better DR wire.
You may proceed with your laughter now.
Edited by 8064r7 - 9/21/13 at 10:43ampost #93 of 969/21/13 at 5:40pmpost #94 of 969/21/13 at 7:26pmQuote:
Now to only figure out what to use the bag that came with it for since the headphones obviously were never intended to fit in there easily. :-(post #95 of 969/21/13 at 8:38pmpost #96 of 9610/4/13 at 12:11pmQuote:
I like how the instant I figured out that I could get them collapsed smaller than what I thought was structurally possible, I misplaced the bag in the house somewhere. :(
- Taking Koss Portapro to the Limit (cool mods).
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › V MODA CROSSDADE LP $70 AMAZON.COM TODAY ONLY 1 second ago
- › HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard 2 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 4 minutes ago
- › A gearhead trying to get some ound out of his new Fiio E17.... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi