Which Grado's are those for? I've seen a couple of models and knockoffs looking around but that looks pretty good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from my modded portapro's Last post on 3/30/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Porta pro question Last post on 11/8/10 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- PX100-II vs AKG K420 vs AKG K430 Last post on 7/18/12 at 8:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Headphone Recommendation for Classics and Others While Walking Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Taking Koss Portapro to the Limit (cool mods). - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1096/17/14 at 9:32pmQuote:
Those are the L Cush or Bowls, stock on the SR-225i's and up.post #108 of 1095/10/15 at 12:19am
I tried sticking the Portapro drivers in the UR40 enclosure I had sitting around, mainly as a comfort improvement, and it improved both comfort and sound, IMO. Not a torture device to wear for long-term sessions, and I guess the treble is slightly softer because the drivers aren't right on top of my ears The foam that the UR40s originally came with lining the wire mesh side of the earcups was removed as well, in order to open them up a bit.
Plus the semi-exposed drivers as a result of the second mod look kinda cool as well.
Edited by HPuser9083 - 5/10/15 at 12:21ampost #109 of 1095/11/15 at 1:20am
Koss has actually stuck both Porta-Pro and KSC75 drivers into other full-sized cans enclosures and sold them under different models. I only discovered this by looking at the driver after I found broken models of each. This was more common for them to do in the 80s and 90s, I don't think they are doing this any more. Many of these models would be rebadged as Radio Shack brands.
But it would seem the actual Pros and KSCs are more popular since they are still marketed as current models.
- Taking Koss Portapro to the Limit (cool mods).
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR 125 - Dubai 2 minutes ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction, and some advice on the MDR7506s :) 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone with an Asus Phone? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)