- 10 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many choices... Last post on 11/17/11 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down a budget/value comfortable circumaural can for me Last post on 9/27/11 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
This is a review of the LZ A4 IEM’s. First of all I’d like to thank LZ for sending me a review sample of the LZ A4. The retail price of the LA A4 is $195. The LZ A4 is available from both AK Audio...
Panasonic EAH-500 - Page 2post #16 of 358/18/09 at 7:31pmThis weekend I've bought a Technics EAH-500 - they looks the same except the Technics name on the headband. Pretty nice sound I'd say - the drivers are pretty big too. I put some fotos if I find time.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 358/18/09 at 7:33pmpost #18 of 358/18/09 at 8:12pmpost #19 of 351/11/10 at 8:14pmI've founs some new infos:
They were mentioned in Popular Science from November 1979 along w few others:
Popular Science - Google Bücher
Also the productions year is about 1979.
In this article we found a little table where stays:
They weren't expensive - 40$ at the time - less then AKG's K141
They're open type.
Weight 8,2 Ozpost #20 of 351/12/10 at 8:44ampost #21 of 353/16/10 at 10:26ampost #22 of 353/16/10 at 7:09pmpost #23 of 353/16/10 at 8:00pmpost #24 of 353/18/10 at 1:02pmpost #25 of 353/18/10 at 1:05pmpost #26 of 353/24/10 at 5:42pmI've made a quick comparision between EAH500 and my Revox (DT880). In terms of details and soundstage Revox are ahead, BUT: in terms of bass depth and impact the EAH500 are noticeably better!
I tested it on Chemical Brothers "Surrender" and Björk tracks.post #27 of 353/24/10 at 7:40pmspent some time with the eah-520
sound is decent, bass and mids have good texture, highs are just ok. smallish soundstage. compared to the pioneer portables of the day (se-2, 4, and 6) i give the edge to the pioneers, especially in the bass and comfort. mids and mid highs belong to the panasonicpost #28 of 354/27/10 at 10:45ampost #29 of 357/8/10 at 4:43am
Mine arrived, boxed and like new. Initial sound impressions are not great with a lack of detail and muddy bass. The original warranty is still there and is dated in 1980.
EDIT - I am getting the bass now, rocking!
Edited by Prog Rock Man - 7/8/10 at 5:43ampost #30 of 357/26/11 at 12:00pm
I'm reviving this old thread because this is the best info on these headphones on the entire web.
I got interested in the vintage headphones and EAH500 caught my attention as it's listed on the 416 headphone museum list and there was a recent cheap ebay listing that I lost as I was trying to enter last minute from my cell phone and the connection was too slow!
My question is RE: the frequency response on the band. Looks incredibly flat, but not sure of the scale on the dB. Is this within 3 dB or more like 10 dB?
How about sensitivity. Is Ipod good enough for those?
I'm personally using Sony MDR-V6 and think they are reasonably flat and sound great for my (non-audiophile) listening. Is this going to be an upgrade from Sony?
I like Sony for deep bass, high sensitivity (anything can drive them), sound isolation, and comfort.
The only things I don't like about Sony the trebles are very sharp (peaky near 10kHz) and roll over way before 15 kHz:
- Panasonic EAH-500
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex THX00 Mahogany + ZMF Ori pads + Detachable Cable Mod By... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 2 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear