- 10 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many choices... Last post on 11/17/11 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down a budget/value comfortable circumaural can for me Last post on 9/27/11 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Panasonic EAH-500 - Page 2post #16 of 358/18/09 at 7:31pmThis weekend I've bought a Technics EAH-500 - they looks the same except the Technics name on the headband. Pretty nice sound I'd say - the drivers are pretty big too. I put some fotos if I find time.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 358/18/09 at 7:33pmpost #18 of 358/18/09 at 8:12pmpost #19 of 351/11/10 at 8:14pmI've founs some new infos:
They were mentioned in Popular Science from November 1979 along w few others:
Popular Science - Google Bücher
Also the productions year is about 1979.
In this article we found a little table where stays:
They weren't expensive - 40$ at the time - less then AKG's K141
They're open type.
Weight 8,2 Ozpost #20 of 351/12/10 at 8:44ampost #21 of 353/16/10 at 10:26ampost #22 of 353/16/10 at 7:09pmpost #23 of 353/16/10 at 8:00pmpost #24 of 353/18/10 at 1:02pmpost #25 of 353/18/10 at 1:05pmpost #26 of 353/24/10 at 5:42pmI've made a quick comparision between EAH500 and my Revox (DT880). In terms of details and soundstage Revox are ahead, BUT: in terms of bass depth and impact the EAH500 are noticeably better!
I tested it on Chemical Brothers "Surrender" and Björk tracks.post #27 of 353/24/10 at 7:40pmspent some time with the eah-520
sound is decent, bass and mids have good texture, highs are just ok. smallish soundstage. compared to the pioneer portables of the day (se-2, 4, and 6) i give the edge to the pioneers, especially in the bass and comfort. mids and mid highs belong to the panasonicpost #28 of 354/27/10 at 10:45ampost #29 of 357/8/10 at 4:43am
Mine arrived, boxed and like new. Initial sound impressions are not great with a lack of detail and muddy bass. The original warranty is still there and is dated in 1980.
EDIT - I am getting the bass now, rocking!
Edited by Prog Rock Man - 7/8/10 at 5:43ampost #30 of 357/26/11 at 12:00pm
I'm reviving this old thread because this is the best info on these headphones on the entire web.
I got interested in the vintage headphones and EAH500 caught my attention as it's listed on the 416 headphone museum list and there was a recent cheap ebay listing that I lost as I was trying to enter last minute from my cell phone and the connection was too slow!
My question is RE: the frequency response on the band. Looks incredibly flat, but not sure of the scale on the dB. Is this within 3 dB or more like 10 dB?
How about sensitivity. Is Ipod good enough for those?
I'm personally using Sony MDR-V6 and think they are reasonably flat and sound great for my (non-audiophile) listening. Is this going to be an upgrade from Sony?
I like Sony for deep bass, high sensitivity (anything can drive them), sound isolation, and comfort.
The only things I don't like about Sony the trebles are very sharp (peaky near 10kHz) and roll over way before 15 kHz:
- Panasonic EAH-500
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-X 28 seconds ago
- › Seattle Meet at Bottleheadquarters 05/06/2017 38 seconds ago
- › CEntrance BlueDAC - Anyone aware? 58 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 7 minutes ago
- › Any help with an ultra portable Amp/DAC setup on a really tight... 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear