Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling - Page 190

post #2836 of 2853
I bought this pair
http://bit.ly/1cabuJf

This is the seller answer to the question if they are a real pair of Mullard 8100:

"
Estimado manufem:

Hi
Yes these are the same tube, that number is just another military number for the valve.
Regards
Dan

- yitry
post #2837 of 2853
bump.
post #2838 of 2853
Has anyone tried the mullards 8101?? Just curious as they don't sound very good treble is very harsh.
post #2839 of 2853

Do you mean 8100, if so great tube, great treble. Burn them in, shouldn't be making any judgements in first 48hrs. If you don't  like them after that then the quality isn't for you and you need to roll other tubes for different style but as a EF95 one of the best.

post #2840 of 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes View Post

Do you mean 8100, if so great tube, great treble. Burn them in, shouldn't be making any judgements in first 48hrs. If you don't  like them after that then the quality isn't for you and you need to roll other tubes for different style but as a EF95 one of the best.
Yeah it is the 8100 will defiantly give them more time burning in a bit
post #2841 of 2853

Hi to all,I have just received my ld1+ with stock tubes 6J1 i have also ordered a matched pair of Philips 5654 E95F. my problem is i am totaly new to this tube rolling well to be honest i know nothing at all about tubes. So after ordering & paying for the tubes i noticed they are E95F not EF95 does this make a differance? Everything i have read has said that not only do the 5654 tubes suit my LD1+ i also don't need to change any jump settings from 6J1 ? please help a keen newbee... 

 
post #2842 of 2853

Hey I plan to get ld mk iii.

 

I have 2 options.

 

Get from here :-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Dot-MK-III-Headphone-Tube-Amplifier-PreAmp-tube-AMPLIFIER-2x6H6N-NEW-/181220351053?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item2a31931c4d

 

Or get from David without the driver tubes and save some cash.

 

Now are the stock tubes seriously crap ?

Even the power tubes ?

 

Let me know.

Thanks.

post #2843 of 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerwholelife View Post
 

Hey I plan to get ld mk iii.

 

I have 2 options.

 

Get from here :-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Dot-MK-III-Headphone-Tube-Amplifier-PreAmp-tube-AMPLIFIER-2x6H6N-NEW-/181220351053?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item2a31931c4d

 

Or get from David without the driver tubes and save some cash.

 

Now are the stock tubes seriously crap ?

Even the power tubes ?

 

Let me know.

Thanks.

Make shure if you buy in U.S. that it is a recognize dealer by Littledot for warranty purposes. As far as power tubes the 6N6P IR is what me and several guys in the littledot tube rolling guide are using these days i paid $14.00 each from the tube store.com in Russia if you look at page 77 of the same thread youll see all the tubes weve been running in the past year or so. there better tubes than the stock tubes plus in most case alot less expensive to buy than all those 5654, 8100 Mullards and 6n6p power tubes.To check out power alternatives check page 96 of the same thread. So finally i would buy only the amp and get tubes after chances are youll get more tubes for the money you save.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide/3810#post_9955715                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            http://tubes-store.com/index.php?cPath=30


Edited by MIKELAP - 11/6/13 at 9:11am
post #2844 of 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post
 

Make shure if you buy in U.S. that it is a recognize dealer by Littledot for warranty purposes. As far as power tubes the 6N6P IR is what me and several guys in the littledot tube rolling guide are using these days i paid $14.00 each from the tube store.com in Russia if you look at page 77 of the same thread youll see all the tubes weve been running in the past year or so. there better tubes than the stock tubes plus in most case alot less expensive to buy than all those 5654, 8100 Mullards and 6n6p power tubes.To check out power alternatives check page 96 of the same thread. So finally i would buy only the amp and get tubes after chances are youll get more tubes for the money you save.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide/3810#post_9955715                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            http://tubes-store.com/index.php?cPath=30

Hey Thanks for replying back !

 

Do you recommend getting the ld mk iii in present times considering it was released in 2006 and there may be better amps available right now ?

Let me know.

Thanks.

post #2845 of 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerwholelife View Post
 

Hey Thanks for replying back !

 

Do you recommend getting the ld mk iii in present times considering it was released in 2006 and there may be better amps available right now ?

Let me know.

Thanks.

I think right now price is $205.00 with tubes on EBAY +$49.00 shipping just email DAVID ZHEZHE and ask him price without tubes .When you buy it is best to buy a recent version 2.0 and up because with that version you can use power tubes(tubes in back) that you would not be able to use with a 1.0 version .Other people on ebay sell the Littledot amps just make shure you have a warranty before buying they have to be an authorized dealer like DAVID ZHEZHE is. Amps ships from China. Personnally i bough it used 2 years ago like i say just make shure you get a 2.0 version and up.you see on picture this is a V1.0 you need at least V2.0 when you look under your amp look for VERSION where circle  is                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

post #2846 of 2853

Tube rolling noob here.  Just got the Little Dot MkIII and loving it.

 

I believe the factory configuration is for E95 tubes.  I am looking to roll the following tubes and just checking with this group to see if anyone knows if these are part of the E95 driver family:

 

Russian military 6X1Π-EB

6AK5W Siemens

 

As corollary, what could happen if I use E92 tubes and forget to change the jumper settings?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #2847 of 2853
Guys,

I want the following tubes :-
Mullard M8100
RCA 6DT6
Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV
Yugi 6hm5
6N6P-ir

Can anyone sell all of these ?
I want to buy all from one place since I will save a lot on combine shipping and the best option is little dot users.
I definitely want these :-
RCA 6DT6
Yugi 6hm5
6n6p-ir

Shipped to India.
Let me know.
post #2848 of 2853

 

apologies if this one has already been answered but what tubes can tame sibilance on dt880 so I can use with record player that has no EQ?

 

Secondly, what is the output impedance of this amp? I can't find specs for the headphone out output impedance, only the preamp output impedance. I have heard that it is super high. sorry for being off topic but it is a bit too tempting because so many peeps are potentially subscribed to this thread hehe.

post #2849 of 2853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Meister Jr View Post
 

 

apologies if this one has already been answered but what tubes can tame sibilance on dt880 so I can use with record player that has no EQ?

 

 

Secondly, what is the output impedance of this amp? I can't find specs for the headphone out output impedance, only the preamp output impedance. I have heard that it is super high. sorry for being off topic but it is a bit too tempting because so many peeps are potentially subscribed to this thread hehe.

 

Personnally i use the Senns HD800 with the mk3 and it sounds good to me dont know output impedance of the amp dough .Your DT880 are 250 ohm if you want answers to your question regarding best tubes to use with your DT880 go to the LITTLEDOT TUBE ROLLING GUIDE  some of the guys on the thread have the DT880 they will help you see you there .

post #2850 of 2853

Thank you all for doing this .....all this information is really helping me out 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling