- 28 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot Mk111 DOA Last post on 10/27/10 at 7:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little dot mk3 noise with dac Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling - Page 184
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am a complete newbie to tube rolling and I will be running my beyerdynamic DT1350’s with the amp and was wondering if the upgraded tubes available at order are a good choice?
Or is it better to get stock tubes and buy upgrades after.
2x 5654/5725: 20 USD
2x 6H6PI/6H6n: 35 USD
Upgrade and replace stock 5654 driver tubes with M8100/CV4010: 45 USD
after reading this thread i was considering Electro-Harmonix 6h30Pi and Mullard CV4015's.
what says you pros?
After a ton of rolling I've decided the Tung Sol 6AJ5 tubes are my favorite.
Western Electric 403b
LM Ericsson 403b
Mullard M8161 (EF92) (MK IV only)
Russian Military 6X1Π-EB
It's really all preference. I would order stock tubes since upgrades can be much cheaper on ebay and online tube stores.
I'm partial to the ones in my sig.
Other favs on here are: GE 5654/5 star, Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV, and Mullard 8100.
A list of top tubes must be a personal list. I agree with mab1376 for the Voskhods and the Mullards, haven't heard the GE5654/5Stars. My personal favourite two would be 1) CV4015, 2) Mullard M8100 (with logo). I would add the Tung Sol 6AJ5 as great lower gain tubes. But the best is you read about the tubes in the thread and find out which ones suit you.
And don't forget the power tubes.
I recently bought a Little Dot MKIII. After some reading of this thread I think I have a version 1. It has switches for tube types instead of jumpers. What are my options for power tubes?
- Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 24 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 43 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 53 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › SE846 + AK240 Balanced out. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)