- 28 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot Mk111 DOA Last post on 10/27/10 at 7:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little dot mk3 noise with dac Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling - Page 184
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am a complete newbie to tube rolling and I will be running my beyerdynamic DT1350’s with the amp and was wondering if the upgraded tubes available at order are a good choice?
Or is it better to get stock tubes and buy upgrades after.
2x 5654/5725: 20 USD
2x 6H6PI/6H6n: 35 USD
Upgrade and replace stock 5654 driver tubes with M8100/CV4010: 45 USD
after reading this thread i was considering Electro-Harmonix 6h30Pi and Mullard CV4015's.
what says you pros?
After a ton of rolling I've decided the Tung Sol 6AJ5 tubes are my favorite.
Western Electric 403b
LM Ericsson 403b
Mullard M8161 (EF92) (MK IV only)
Russian Military 6X1Π-EB
It's really all preference. I would order stock tubes since upgrades can be much cheaper on ebay and online tube stores.
I'm partial to the ones in my sig.
Other favs on here are: GE 5654/5 star, Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV, and Mullard 8100.
A list of top tubes must be a personal list. I agree with mab1376 for the Voskhods and the Mullards, haven't heard the GE5654/5Stars. My personal favourite two would be 1) CV4015, 2) Mullard M8100 (with logo). I would add the Tung Sol 6AJ5 as great lower gain tubes. But the best is you read about the tubes in the thread and find out which ones suit you.
And don't forget the power tubes.
I recently bought a Little Dot MKIII. After some reading of this thread I think I have a version 1. It has switches for tube types instead of jumpers. What are my options for power tubes?
- Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)