- 28 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Input signals on Little Dot Mark 2/3 Last post on 12/23/10 at 5:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot Mk111 DOA Last post on 10/27/10 at 7:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little dot mk3 noise with dac Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mixamp (DH) + Little dot MK2/3 ... does it works? Last post on 9/5/10 at 1:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling - Page 184
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am a complete newbie to tube rolling and I will be running my beyerdynamic DT1350’s with the amp and was wondering if the upgraded tubes available at order are a good choice?
Or is it better to get stock tubes and buy upgrades after.
2x 5654/5725: 20 USD
2x 6H6PI/6H6n: 35 USD
Upgrade and replace stock 5654 driver tubes with M8100/CV4010: 45 USD
after reading this thread i was considering Electro-Harmonix 6h30Pi and Mullard CV4015's.
what says you pros?
After a ton of rolling I've decided the Tung Sol 6AJ5 tubes are my favorite.
Western Electric 403b
LM Ericsson 403b
Mullard M8161 (EF92) (MK IV only)
Russian Military 6X1Π-EB
It's really all preference. I would order stock tubes since upgrades can be much cheaper on ebay and online tube stores.
I'm partial to the ones in my sig.
Other favs on here are: GE 5654/5 star, Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV, and Mullard 8100.
A list of top tubes must be a personal list. I agree with mab1376 for the Voskhods and the Mullards, haven't heard the GE5654/5Stars. My personal favourite two would be 1) CV4015, 2) Mullard M8100 (with logo). I would add the Tung Sol 6AJ5 as great lower gain tubes. But the best is you read about the tubes in the thread and find out which ones suit you.
And don't forget the power tubes.
I recently bought a Little Dot MKIII. After some reading of this thread I think I have a version 1. It has switches for tube types instead of jumpers. What are my options for power tubes?
- Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
- › The Ear Pads Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 36 seconds ago
- › Frequency response graph and EQ 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 2 minutes ago
- › FT/FS - Schiit Gungnir USB-G2 [230V] 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs that will go loud with very little amplification (want to... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2