Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling - Page 19

post #271 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchum View Post
My MK-III arrived this morning!

Burn in and data gathering has already started. What a beautiful amp! Sleek, slim and powerful! I just love it!
When did you place your order Penchum ? My MkIII has just been released by customs in Vancouver ( that's 2500 miles from me )today. I'm quite nervous about Canaduh Post handling this shipment knowing how they treat things.

Ran across these Head phones and wondered if you had heard them before (Denon AH-D2000 for 270.00 )...

I look forward to your review of the MK III !!!!

Regards,

Peete.

PS...I'm jealous damn it
post #272 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete View Post
When did you place your order Penchum ? My MkIII has just been released by customs in Vancouver ( that's 2500 miles from me )today. I'm quite nervous about Canaduh Post handling this shipment knowing how they treat things.

Ran across these Head phones and wondered if you had heard them before (Denon AH-D2000 for 270.00 )...

I look forward to your review of the MK III !!!!

Regards,

Peete.

PS...I'm jealous damn it
Mine shipped in China on the 21st (last Wednesday) and arrived today. That is 6 days total with a weekend in there. That EMS shipping is fast!
I haven't heard the Denon's before, but there are some Denon fans here. Ask directly about them in the headphone forum, and I bet you'll get some good answers. Have a good one!
post #273 of 2867
Thanks Penchum !!! Enjoy the MK III...

Looks like mine should show up either Wed or Thurs afternoon. Bad weather moving in here though.....sigh more shovelling !
post #274 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchum View Post
My MK-III arrived this morning!

Burn in and data gathering has already started. What a beautiful amp! Sleek, slim and powerful! I just love it!
Ha, the man got another toy. Hope its a keeper. After all your other reviews, we here on this thread waiting on the edge of our seats. The MK3 should hold its own. But would really like to know how a rolled MK3 stands against it big brothers MKIV & MIV Se.
post #275 of 2867
hey guys, where can i buy these? i remember reading that 2 sellers on ebay are 'official' by little dot. the problem is i cant seem to find the little dot website, or a mk3 on ebay?
post #276 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamlw View Post
hey guys, where can i buy these? i remember reading that 2 sellers on ebay are 'official' by little dot. the problem is i cant seem to find the little dot website, or a mk3 on ebay?
They call it Little Tube.
Little-Tube

Since you are in OZ as well try COEM Audio Australia - High quality HI-FI speakers, cd players, solid state and tube amplifiers
post #277 of 2867
thank you. i tried so much in google hehe. i kno about COEM. I'm not sure which way to go yet.
post #278 of 2867

Update and review on Power Tube Adapters

Dedicated followers of this thread should find this review by The Little Dot man his-self , the honorable D.M. Penchum, well worth reading.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...9/#post3870351

OK, sorry to toot my own horn too. Just trying to have a little fun here after all...
post #279 of 2867
Hi guys,

Just got my MK III.......6 days...from HK to my front door. I give Dave from LD an A++++ excellent transaction......I wish N American service was this good from some e-tailers I can think of.....back to the program..

Very nice little amp looks wise. No impressions on sound as I haven't even warmed her up yet. She came in a thick cardboard box cradled by a custom high density foam insert which kept the amp from the many knocks and dents that were apparent on the poor old cardboard box. Not a scratch on the LD. A testament to the effectiveness of the foam protection. The amp came with a set of RCA-RCA cables (with 3 jumpers enclosed) and an English manual. One amusing aspect of the Chinese to English translation...pg 1 of manual..."Safe use of notes" .... I guess Amy Winehouse is out as playback material (not a safe use of notes....particularly cminor and gmaj ) lol. Just kidding people.

Just wanted to let everyone know it's here ...Yay !!

I haven't bought the HD600's yet. So my AKG's will have to do for now.

Still waiting on NOS tubes I bought from Yen.

Just flicked the power button...all tubes lit...now to wait 15 minutes for warm up. Man it's freezin' out today (-28 C this morning). Sheesh, I've had enough of winter already.....

Regards,

Peete.
post #280 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete View Post
Hi guys,

Just got my MK III.......6 days...from HK to my front door. I give Dave from LD an A++++ excellent transaction......I wish N American service was this good from some e-tailers I can think of.....back to the program..

Very nice little amp looks wise. No impressions on sound as I haven't even warmed her up yet. She came in a thick cardboard box cradled by a custom high density foam insert which kept the amp from the many knocks and dents that were apparent on the poor old cardboard box. Not a scratch on the LD. A testament to the effectiveness of the foam protection. The amp came with a set of RCA-RCA cables (with 3 jumpers enclosed) and an English manual. One amusing aspect of the Chinese to English translation...pg 1 of manual..."Safe use of notes" .... I guess Amy Winehouse is out as playback material (not a safe use of notes....particularly cminor and gmaj ) lol. Just kidding people.

Just wanted to let everyone know it's here ...Yay !!

I haven't bought the HD600's yet. So my AKG's will have to do for now.

Still waiting on NOS tubes I bought from Yen.

Just flicked the power button...all tubes lit...now to wait 15 minutes for warm up. Man it's freezin' out today (-28 C this morning). Sheesh, I've had enough of winter already.....

Regards,

Peete.
Just rack up as much Hrs with the stock tubes so you will get a better idea what the NOS ones will do once they get to you. Really no point slapping them in without a reference point.

On a side note: USE THE MK3 AS A HEATER IN THE MEAN TIME-RUB YOU HANDS OVER IT!!!
post #281 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheck View Post
Just rack up as much Hrs with the stock tubes so you will get a better idea what the NOS ones will do once they get to you. Really no point slapping them in without a reference point.

On a side note: USE THE MK3 AS A HEATER IN THE MEAN TIME-RUB YOU HANDS OVER IT!!!
So far have about 18 hrs on it, the stock tubes aren't to bad but I know old glass is where it's at.

I doubt the amp will even get hot when it's - 28 C out, although the Russian tubes will think it's spring

Regards,

Peete.
post #282 of 2867
Thread Starter 
I received my Mullard M8100's from Yen today and have had them in for about 10 hours so far. Fabulous tube! It's everything you guys have said and more!

Should be receiving the Russian tubes Penchum was raving about any day now. Anxious to hear those.

Man o' man........I love tube rolling!!!!
post #283 of 2867
I received my package of 6ZH1P-EV Russian EF95 type driver tubes yesterday. With less than 24 hours on them thus far, they are proving to be exceptional performers. Alot like my favorite Amperex, but with added umph!
Strong and dynamic sound, clean, detailed but not harsh, vivid, great bass impact and depth. These are very special drivers as Penchum promised. (and CHEAP!)

I’m kinda swimming in tubes to roll right now and a few more are on the way. I’ll do a big shoot out on a bunch of them after they are all well seasoned (that might take a while!) but in the short term I’ll post a quick impression or two.

Since I’ve been swapping out tubes on a frequent basis lately, I noticed something that might have significance. As you know, when you turn off an amplifier with the source still playing, the amp continues to output sound for several seconds. Well, I've noticed some tubes stay pretty clean in the decaying volume as the caps discharge while others start to sound dirty and distorted as their output fades out. The clean ones have that quality in normal use and the dirtier fading tubes seem to exhibit a touch of grunge when operating. Try this in your rig and see if this correlates to how your tubes perform - am I on to something with this?
post #284 of 2867

MWT W77 EF92 Driver tube

Are you looking for a tubier tube with oceans of depth and a campfire's worth of warmth?

Does your HiFi headphone system lack depth and spaciousness? Were you disappointed that your Wundercannons combined with Little dot’s Tubos MkX Ultimate amplifier didn’t provide the hall ambiance you seek?

Try our latest driver tube of the day. MWT is proud to introduce their XO special W77 ambiance enhancing ubertube.

Enjoy!

They actually work quite well with old rock lacking studio reverb. Also quite nice with close mic'd bright classical recordings. Not an every day tube fer sure, but good fun as a specialty tube.
post #285 of 2867
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
Are you looking for a tubier tube with oceans of depth and a campfire's worth of warmth?

Does your HiFi headphone system lack depth and spaciousness? Were you disappointed that your Wundercannons combined with Little dot’s Tubos MkX Ultimate amplifier didn’t provide the hall ambiance you seek?

Try our latest driver tube of the day. MWT is proud to introduce their XO special W77 ambiance enhancing ubertube.

Enjoy!

They actually work quite well with old rock lacking studio reverb. Also quite nice with close mic'd bright classical recordings. Not an every day tube fer sure, but good fun as a specialty tube.
They are excellent for Pink Floyd type music too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling