Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How do I rip Sacd/Sacd Hybrid's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do I rip Sacd/Sacd Hybrid's? - Page 2

post #16 of 27

It's finally happened.

 

5d54a9b6_Neo_Whoa.jpg

post #17 of 27

So Sony messed up and the first two generations of PS3s can bypass SACD protection?

Fascinating.

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeardBen View Post

So SACD is finally in sight of catching up with DVD-Audio, at least partially.  I don't think there's any hope of being able to burn SACDs like DVD-Audio discs.



There is already since a while. It's called DSD Disc format. It only works for stereo though, not (yet) multichannel. And of course it will never be hybrid (CD-compatible) either.

 

See http://www.ps3sacd.com/dsddiscguide.html 

post #19 of 27

Interesting.

 

But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in), it's useless for everyone else...  It won't play in standard SACD players.

post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeardBen View Post

Interesting... But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in)



plus 40+ million PS3s out there (even the ones that don't play SACD do support DSD Disc format) although sadly/ironically they will not output DSD via HDMI but hi-res PCM...

 

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seventh Taylor View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeardBen View Post

Interesting... But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in)



plus 40+ million PS3s out there (even the ones that don't play SACD do support DSD Disc format) although sadly/ironically they will not output DSD via HDMI but hi-res PCM...

 


Yeah, but I don't ever plan on getting a PS3.  I suppose my computer would work fine, but I really want to get a remote music server thing going.

 

I was thinking about getting a Logitech Squeezebox Duet.  But now that I've found that there's another, barely more expensive way to play my FLAC files: There is a Winamp plugin that allows output over the Apple Airport Express.  There's also an iPhone/iPod Touch app that allows it to act as a remote for Winamp.  Put together with the DAC of your choice, and you've got an elegant high-end music server set up for about $350 plus the cost of the DAC.  Heck, if you hide it right, no one will even know what or where the source is!

 

But I'm not sure if there's a Winamp DSD plugin.  I couldn't find one with a little bit of Googling, anyway.

post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwicked View Post

BUMP, now you can:

http://www.ps3sacd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341



I post a thread on this exact topic, and I didn't spot this thread. Silly me.

 

 

That is an interesting development, but slightly more effort than I'd like to expend though... I've got to deprecate my current firmware somehow, install Linux, yada yada... not quite my idea of fun.

post #23 of 27

It is possible to rip SACD and it's possible to convert DSD to PCM.

post #24 of 27

They sell modified SACD readers that allow you to rip them in digital format. They cost quite a bit though.

post #25 of 27

Another bump for this old thread,

 

casually I discovered that SACD can be ripped and hopefully foobar can play them , with sacd input plugin, and asio output,popcorn.gif

 

While searching for an old PS3 I downloaded a SACD image,

I must confess that SQ was quiet good eventhough it takes some processing in converting from DSD to PCM,

so will it be possible somehow to play real dff in a pc, with their native sample rate, or no DAC can accept that?

post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonci View Post

Another bump for this old thread,

 

casually I discovered that SACD can be ripped and hopefully foobar can play them , with sacd input plugin, and asio output,popcorn.gif

 

While searching for an old PS3 I downloaded a SACD image,

I must confess that SQ was quiet good eventhough it takes some processing in converting from DSD to PCM,

so will it be possible somehow to play real dff in a pc, with their native sample rate, or no DAC can accept that?

Yet another bump

 

How can one extract the iso into individual tracks (intact) ?

from the iso on a pc .

 

Foobar2000 will play the iso ,and i can see the individual tracks

But i cant extract them to individuals

 

Id also like to convert them to 24/192 ( i know theres alota debate

on hires pcm Vs DSD ,which im new to and welcome discussion)

to play on my dx100 .

 

Cheers

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post
 

Yet another bump

 

How can one extract the iso into individual tracks (intact) ?

from the iso on a pc .

 

Foobar2000 will play the iso ,and i can see the individual tracks

But i cant extract them to individuals

 

Id also like to convert them to 24/192 ( i know theres alota debate

on hires pcm Vs DSD ,which im new to and welcome discussion)

to play on my dx100 .

 

Cheers

 

With the correct PS3 and the correct ripping software, you can rip an SACD to an iso.  The iso will play directly in JRiver 18 or 19 or Foobar2000.  Better yet, with the correct extraction software, you can extract the iso to individual DSF or DFF files.  Lots about this at www.computeraudiophile.com.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How do I rip Sacd/Sacd Hybrid's?