Yeah, I got them from Music Matter like a few more people here and they are just doing a straight replacement instead of a lengthy repair so I'm happy about that. I just ordered some new cable for them to and that came today but I was unable to use it. :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 59
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #872 of 11161/31/13 at 2:06amQuote:Originally Posted by blacknile
I got a pair for £59 shipped. These must be the absolute best value headphones in the UK at the moment.
They have almost the exact sound signature I was looking for! I much prefer them to my M50 for jazz and classical...With jazz especially, they render acoustic double bass beautifully, while I love how cellos sound in classical records.
Now if I could only reduce a bit the bass: is there a fix apart from equalising? I find that on recordings where the bass is already heavy from the mastering stage (ambient, electronica) with these headphones it becomes bloated - frankly a bit too much.
I've never found the bass to be bloated. Plentiful but not hyperextended. You may want to try different earpads and see if that changes things a bit towards better.post #873 of 11161/31/13 at 3:20am
Thank. Does the bass response change with different amplification, in your experience? I must admit I've only fed these from a desktop computer's jack and from a speaker amp jack. Could it be that high output impedance jacks change the bass response for these headphones?post #874 of 11161/31/13 at 10:36am
Mine are sounding pretty good with an Odac & M-stage combo, this is my first decent setup and the acid test for me is a much played EDM cd, the never before heard detail on this cd had a big smile on my face this morning and Battlefield 3 is just astounding..
As other have said its a little tight on the noggin but for £59 I'll persevere..
post #875 of 11162/14/13 at 7:53ampost #876 of 11162/14/13 at 9:14ampost #877 of 11162/14/13 at 9:28ampost #878 of 11162/14/13 at 9:39am
I bought my 770 velour pads from BHPhotoVideo, but I think they're out of stock right now. They do have the gel pads in stock though so you could try getting those, or you could wait for the velours to come back in stock.
Another option would be to mod the original pads, by stuffing something underneath them to give your ears some more clearance.post #879 of 11162/15/13 at 4:34pm
For you guys shopping for a new cable, you might want to check out this thread:
I found one I like that has the bonus of a button/mic to control your mp3 player/phone (I posted pics in that thread).post #880 of 11162/17/13 at 6:00ampost #881 of 11162/17/13 at 3:09pmpost #882 of 11162/17/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Yea it does loose some over time for sure but the clamp never bothered me on this headphone even at start, guess I'm lucky because I do remember having issues with clamping on a DT770 Pro (the cups were so large and rather stiff it pressed on my cheekbones quite hard and caused fatigue) but it was like as if the velour pads were really compact while the Q40 stock pads are shallow but still softer than those pads.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/17/13 at 3:58pmpost #883 of 11162/17/13 at 6:21pm
I agree. TBH these Q40 are much more comfortable than my old ATH-M50. Those were very heavy, head strong clamping and the weight gave me neck pain after 4 or 5 hours of usage. The Q40 are lighter, the clamping is spot on and the stock pads are soft enough, which means I can use them for hours without any problem.post #884 of 11162/18/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Already got rid of them. Cups were too shallow as well.
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
- Headphone Impedance
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 45 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing an IEM! 3 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Low-Price Audiophile Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 5 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe