Yeah, I got them from Music Matter like a few more people here and they are just doing a straight replacement instead of a lengthy repair so I'm happy about that. I just ordered some new cable for them to and that came today but I was unable to use it. :(
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 12/6/14 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 59
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #872 of 16371/31/13 at 2:06amQuote:Originally Posted by blacknile
I got a pair for £59 shipped. These must be the absolute best value headphones in the UK at the moment.
They have almost the exact sound signature I was looking for! I much prefer them to my M50 for jazz and classical...With jazz especially, they render acoustic double bass beautifully, while I love how cellos sound in classical records.
Now if I could only reduce a bit the bass: is there a fix apart from equalising? I find that on recordings where the bass is already heavy from the mastering stage (ambient, electronica) with these headphones it becomes bloated - frankly a bit too much.
I've never found the bass to be bloated. Plentiful but not hyperextended. You may want to try different earpads and see if that changes things a bit towards better.post #873 of 16371/31/13 at 3:20am
Thank. Does the bass response change with different amplification, in your experience? I must admit I've only fed these from a desktop computer's jack and from a speaker amp jack. Could it be that high output impedance jacks change the bass response for these headphones?post #874 of 16371/31/13 at 10:36am
Mine are sounding pretty good with an Odac & M-stage combo, this is my first decent setup and the acid test for me is a much played EDM cd, the never before heard detail on this cd had a big smile on my face this morning and Battlefield 3 is just astounding..
As other have said its a little tight on the noggin but for £59 I'll persevere..
post #875 of 16372/14/13 at 7:53ampost #876 of 16372/14/13 at 9:14ampost #877 of 16372/14/13 at 9:28ampost #878 of 16372/14/13 at 9:39am
I bought my 770 velour pads from BHPhotoVideo, but I think they're out of stock right now. They do have the gel pads in stock though so you could try getting those, or you could wait for the velours to come back in stock.
Another option would be to mod the original pads, by stuffing something underneath them to give your ears some more clearance.post #879 of 16372/15/13 at 4:34pm
For you guys shopping for a new cable, you might want to check out this thread:
I found one I like that has the bonus of a button/mic to control your mp3 player/phone (I posted pics in that thread).post #880 of 16372/17/13 at 6:00ampost #881 of 16372/17/13 at 3:09pmpost #882 of 16372/17/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Yea it does loose some over time for sure but the clamp never bothered me on this headphone even at start, guess I'm lucky because I do remember having issues with clamping on a DT770 Pro (the cups were so large and rather stiff it pressed on my cheekbones quite hard and caused fatigue) but it was like as if the velour pads were really compact while the Q40 stock pads are shallow but still softer than those pads.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/17/13 at 3:58pmpost #883 of 16372/17/13 at 6:21pm
I agree. TBH these Q40 are much more comfortable than my old ATH-M50. Those were very heavy, head strong clamping and the weight gave me neck pain after 4 or 5 hours of usage. The Q40 are lighter, the clamping is spot on and the stock pads are soft enough, which means I can use them for hours without any problem.post #884 of 16372/18/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Already got rid of them. Cups were too shallow as well.
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › The Vero Revolutionary Headphone Cabling System by MIT 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 13 minutes ago
- › BNIB Westone W30 14 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2