Anyone compared the COPs with the Q40?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 16451/9/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Omnom
Having finally actually recieve a bit of spending cash, I'm now looking into a bit of a Amp or DAC that would go nicely with the Q40's.
I've looked into the E17, and am obviously considering the Digizoid ZO2. My only question is, how's the bass boost on the E17? I understand that the ZO is basically elevating the bass levels, and not really considering much else, whereas the E17 does quite a bit of everything, it's just whether it'll be able to get that extra bass end push similar (but obviously not too similar) to that of the ZO2.
The E17 works great. The EQ functions are also pretty slick, I can't complain at all with the bass boost. I haven't used the EQ on it much since my M100's, but I loved it.Quote:
Definitely. You can also do RPGWizard's stock pad mod with the paper towel and it helps a lot with comfort and also makes some sonic changes.post #1413 of 16451/9/14 at 3:48pmQuote:
Yeah, I think the Alpha pads are a bit too expensive for me (Shipping from US to the UK isn't cheap). I generally prefer a velour material on headphones but not sure what to do.
Edited by Mackem - 1/9/14 at 3:50pmpost #1414 of 16451/9/14 at 3:56pmpost #1415 of 16451/9/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Velours comfort is good but kills the bass on the Q40.post #1416 of 16451/9/14 at 4:09pm
So are the Shure pads quite big / deep as well as being comfortable? I have pretty big ears as well as wearing glasses.post #1417 of 16451/9/14 at 4:45pmQuote:
Definitely durable, perfect for outside, if you like.Quote:
Shures work fine with glasses for me (medium size ears)post #1418 of 16451/9/14 at 5:16pmQuote:
Yeah, they have ample room. Work with glasses as well.
And I'd say the Q40 would be a pretty good portable solution. Built well, small enough to be reasonable.post #1419 of 16451/9/14 at 5:27pmpost #1420 of 16451/9/14 at 5:30pmQuote:
Start on Amazon.post #1421 of 16451/10/14 at 7:25am
Yeah, looks like ordering from the US is my only option unless I want to pay nearly double the price to get them from Germany.post #1422 of 16451/10/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I'm selling my backup pair that's used for a few hrs and I'm from europe (Finland) if you're interested at a very low price too. I paid much more for it but it was stretched out that most people would want/need but I quite like the very tight clamping non-stretched.
But I'm getting a little bit unsure myself as at least now I have a backup pair as I love these headphones so much I think I'd be quite devastated if my primary ones died.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/10/14 at 8:10ampost #1423 of 16451/10/14 at 8:16am
I've owned both but never compared directly. What exactly do you want to know?Quote:post #1424 of 16451/10/14 at 1:34pmI'm very happy with the Hifiman velours on mine. I, like many others, have tried a lot of different pads with these and to me the Hifiman velours to be the best sounding. Didn't like the sound with the beyer velours at all though. I'll guess that in the end it cooks down to personal preference as always.
Edit: @Mackem (the quoting doesn't seem to work on my tablet at the moment)
Edited by peter123 - 1/10/14 at 1:38pmpost #1425 of 16451/11/14 at 12:04pm
Right, Q40s will be here Monday or Tuesday. Not sure whether to go pleather or velour. I want something with awesome comfort whilst not altering the sound too much. I assume either the Shure pads or HifiMan velours would be two of the best in this regard?
I'll pick up the V-Moda cable as well.
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 46 seconds ago
- › GIVEAWAY — MAYA by Vibro Labs 52 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 55 seconds ago
- › Best cable material for clarity, sound quality, and soundstage? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 7 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis 24/192 Lightning/USB-DAC 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear