Anyone compared the COPs with the Q40?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 16381/9/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Omnom
Having finally actually recieve a bit of spending cash, I'm now looking into a bit of a Amp or DAC that would go nicely with the Q40's.
I've looked into the E17, and am obviously considering the Digizoid ZO2. My only question is, how's the bass boost on the E17? I understand that the ZO is basically elevating the bass levels, and not really considering much else, whereas the E17 does quite a bit of everything, it's just whether it'll be able to get that extra bass end push similar (but obviously not too similar) to that of the ZO2.
The E17 works great. The EQ functions are also pretty slick, I can't complain at all with the bass boost. I haven't used the EQ on it much since my M100's, but I loved it.Quote:
Definitely. You can also do RPGWizard's stock pad mod with the paper towel and it helps a lot with comfort and also makes some sonic changes.post #1413 of 16381/9/14 at 3:48pmQuote:
Yeah, I think the Alpha pads are a bit too expensive for me (Shipping from US to the UK isn't cheap). I generally prefer a velour material on headphones but not sure what to do.
Edited by Mackem - 1/9/14 at 3:50pmpost #1414 of 16381/9/14 at 3:56pmpost #1415 of 16381/9/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Velours comfort is good but kills the bass on the Q40.post #1416 of 16381/9/14 at 4:09pm
So are the Shure pads quite big / deep as well as being comfortable? I have pretty big ears as well as wearing glasses.post #1417 of 16381/9/14 at 4:45pmQuote:
Definitely durable, perfect for outside, if you like.Quote:
Shures work fine with glasses for me (medium size ears)post #1418 of 16381/9/14 at 5:16pmQuote:
Yeah, they have ample room. Work with glasses as well.
And I'd say the Q40 would be a pretty good portable solution. Built well, small enough to be reasonable.post #1419 of 16381/9/14 at 5:27pmpost #1420 of 16381/9/14 at 5:30pmQuote:
Start on Amazon.post #1421 of 16381/10/14 at 7:25am
Yeah, looks like ordering from the US is my only option unless I want to pay nearly double the price to get them from Germany.post #1422 of 16381/10/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I'm selling my backup pair that's used for a few hrs and I'm from europe (Finland) if you're interested at a very low price too. I paid much more for it but it was stretched out that most people would want/need but I quite like the very tight clamping non-stretched.
But I'm getting a little bit unsure myself as at least now I have a backup pair as I love these headphones so much I think I'd be quite devastated if my primary ones died.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/10/14 at 8:10ampost #1423 of 16381/10/14 at 8:16am
I've owned both but never compared directly. What exactly do you want to know?Quote:post #1424 of 16381/10/14 at 1:34pmI'm very happy with the Hifiman velours on mine. I, like many others, have tried a lot of different pads with these and to me the Hifiman velours to be the best sounding. Didn't like the sound with the beyer velours at all though. I'll guess that in the end it cooks down to personal preference as always.
Edit: @Mackem (the quoting doesn't seem to work on my tablet at the moment)
Edited by peter123 - 1/10/14 at 1:38pmpost #1425 of 16381/11/14 at 12:04pm
Right, Q40s will be here Monday or Tuesday. Not sure whether to go pleather or velour. I want something with awesome comfort whilst not altering the sound too much. I assume either the Shure pads or HifiMan velours would be two of the best in this regard?
I'll pick up the V-Moda cable as well.
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 IEM - Gold (2 Days Old) 10 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 13 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 13 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 15 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 17 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 17 minutes ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 17 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear