WTF why do i have this the Q40 is no more just about to get my 2nd pair they called me up and said they stopped making it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1322 of 163811/5/13 at 5:07amQuote:
I heard about this nasty rumor... It's a real bummer considering they are the best bang for your buck out there. I guess it's time for all of us to raid the remaining retailers!post #1323 of 163811/5/13 at 5:45am
Does anybody have a old one that is broke and has this piece (i highlighted but the other side with the screw in it) still on it would love to get it from you.....
Edited by dailysmoker - 11/5/13 at 5:46ampost #1324 of 163811/5/13 at 10:31am
It probably wasn't economical for them anymore considering it's their only headphone and the market is flooded with options now.
I wonder who their oem is.post #1325 of 163811/5/13 at 11:20am
I think they made it themselves. I've never seen a similar looking headphone from another brand, and the majority of OEMs use the same headband and cups for different headphone models.post #1326 of 163811/5/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
There is a used one on the for sale board for $70 worth buying for a spare.post #1327 of 163811/5/13 at 12:37pmpost #1328 of 163811/5/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
All the more reason to shut down the production I suppose. It's costly to run any sort of manufacturing for a specialized product, especially one unrelated (in terms of manufacturing) to all your other products.post #1329 of 163811/5/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I'm guessing the driver wasn't labeled at all when you opened them up? It's possible that the headphones themselves were made by M-Audio and the drivers elsewhere, I suppose.post #1330 of 163811/6/13 at 2:42pmpost #1331 of 163811/6/13 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by quisxx
So I was playing around on the site and happened to come across this http://maudio.com/products/en_us/VocalStudioProNew.html
do you see what I see? I wonder if you can buy those seperate?
^oooooo, that is either a mean marketing stunt or a very rare headphone. Likely the former, hah.post #1332 of 163811/7/13 at 6:40ampost #1333 of 163811/7/13 at 2:16pm
Damn what a difference between stock and alpha pads my god....stock ones are too close to the driver and my ears would often hurt a little because the bass is massive but alpha pads are a lot thicker and have that no morepost #1334 of 163811/10/13 at 5:57pm
I got a brandnew Q40 for 62 euros (thats about 82 dollars?) a week ago an since then, i'm listening to them all the time. First i was very surprised by the sound, i really liked it. Most closed cans aren't good in terms of soundstage. But the Q40, i really like them. For closed cans, they sound really good. But i was very disapointed with the isolation. People outside heard, what i was hearing and I could also hear the outworld. That was uncool because i only use closed cans, when i go out. Until now I used the Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-Zx700 for going out. I love the isolation on these, they're really good at it. I don't like their sound though, but they're very easy and good to equalize, so that was my option until now.
Now the sonys are very comfortable an light to wear, perfect for the outside world. I tried so many cans, DT-770, Shure SRH-840, but they were tooooo big and too heavy (and i have a BIG head) for going out. So how do the Q40s handle it? Bravo. They are really comfortable and light, the only thing i don't like are the stock pads. i don't like the material and my ears do not really fit in them. I tried different Pads , like DT-770 Velour, DT-770 Pleather, Custom One Pro pleather, . . . . the pleather ones were terrible. I can't recommend the Beyer pleather pads. They're too hard and uncomfortable, feels very cheap to me. The velour ones were VERY nice in terms of comfort. But with these the isolation gets even more worse than with stock pads! Then i tried the Shure SRH-840 pleather pads . . . wow. i really like the DT-770 velours, but with the Q40s the Shure 840 pads are even more comfortable, than the Beyer velours. They fit perfectly and now the best part: The Isolation is the bomb. combined with the Shure pads, the isolation is even better that with the sonys! I couldn't believe it. The sound does not change, it stays as good as it is, i think, they sound even better with the Shurepads. These pads really saved this can for me, because i was about to sell them. I recommend this to everyone who owns a Q40, try the Shure SRH-840 pads (pleather). The Shure SRH 940 velours also fit perfectly...but the isolation is as poor as with the DT-770 Beyers, so i don't recommend them if isolation is an important matter. Here's a picture of my Q40s with Shurepads:
Edited by Natsukawa - 11/10/13 at 7:36pmpost #1335 of 163811/16/13 at 1:47pm
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 28 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 vs HD 650 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd DI-U8 Audio Interface (Xmos U8) 7 minutes ago
- › Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...