WTF why do i have this the Q40 is no more just about to get my 2nd pair they called me up and said they stopped making it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1322 of 163811/5/13 at 5:07amQuote:
I heard about this nasty rumor... It's a real bummer considering they are the best bang for your buck out there. I guess it's time for all of us to raid the remaining retailers!post #1323 of 163811/5/13 at 5:45am
Does anybody have a old one that is broke and has this piece (i highlighted but the other side with the screw in it) still on it would love to get it from you.....
Edited by dailysmoker - 11/5/13 at 5:46ampost #1324 of 163811/5/13 at 10:31am
It probably wasn't economical for them anymore considering it's their only headphone and the market is flooded with options now.
I wonder who their oem is.post #1325 of 163811/5/13 at 11:20am
I think they made it themselves. I've never seen a similar looking headphone from another brand, and the majority of OEMs use the same headband and cups for different headphone models.post #1326 of 163811/5/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
There is a used one on the for sale board for $70 worth buying for a spare.post #1327 of 163811/5/13 at 12:37pmpost #1328 of 163811/5/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
All the more reason to shut down the production I suppose. It's costly to run any sort of manufacturing for a specialized product, especially one unrelated (in terms of manufacturing) to all your other products.post #1329 of 163811/5/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I'm guessing the driver wasn't labeled at all when you opened them up? It's possible that the headphones themselves were made by M-Audio and the drivers elsewhere, I suppose.post #1330 of 163811/6/13 at 2:42pmpost #1331 of 163811/6/13 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by quisxx
So I was playing around on the site and happened to come across this http://maudio.com/products/en_us/VocalStudioProNew.html
do you see what I see? I wonder if you can buy those seperate?
^oooooo, that is either a mean marketing stunt or a very rare headphone. Likely the former, hah.post #1332 of 163811/7/13 at 6:40ampost #1333 of 163811/7/13 at 2:16pm
Damn what a difference between stock and alpha pads my god....stock ones are too close to the driver and my ears would often hurt a little because the bass is massive but alpha pads are a lot thicker and have that no morepost #1334 of 163811/10/13 at 5:57pm
I got a brandnew Q40 for 62 euros (thats about 82 dollars?) a week ago an since then, i'm listening to them all the time. First i was very surprised by the sound, i really liked it. Most closed cans aren't good in terms of soundstage. But the Q40, i really like them. For closed cans, they sound really good. But i was very disapointed with the isolation. People outside heard, what i was hearing and I could also hear the outworld. That was uncool because i only use closed cans, when i go out. Until now I used the Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-Zx700 for going out. I love the isolation on these, they're really good at it. I don't like their sound though, but they're very easy and good to equalize, so that was my option until now.
Now the sonys are very comfortable an light to wear, perfect for the outside world. I tried so many cans, DT-770, Shure SRH-840, but they were tooooo big and too heavy (and i have a BIG head) for going out. So how do the Q40s handle it? Bravo. They are really comfortable and light, the only thing i don't like are the stock pads. i don't like the material and my ears do not really fit in them. I tried different Pads , like DT-770 Velour, DT-770 Pleather, Custom One Pro pleather, . . . . the pleather ones were terrible. I can't recommend the Beyer pleather pads. They're too hard and uncomfortable, feels very cheap to me. The velour ones were VERY nice in terms of comfort. But with these the isolation gets even more worse than with stock pads! Then i tried the Shure SRH-840 pleather pads . . . wow. i really like the DT-770 velours, but with the Q40s the Shure 840 pads are even more comfortable, than the Beyer velours. They fit perfectly and now the best part: The Isolation is the bomb. combined with the Shure pads, the isolation is even better that with the sonys! I couldn't believe it. The sound does not change, it stays as good as it is, i think, they sound even better with the Shurepads. These pads really saved this can for me, because i was about to sell them. I recommend this to everyone who owns a Q40, try the Shure SRH-840 pads (pleather). The Shure SRH 940 velours also fit perfectly...but the isolation is as poor as with the DT-770 Beyers, so i don't recommend them if isolation is an important matter. Here's a picture of my Q40s with Shurepads:
Edited by Natsukawa - 11/10/13 at 7:36pmpost #1335 of 163811/16/13 at 1:47pm
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 30 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 56 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › Grado GS1000 GS-1000 GS1 GS1K [ Official Customer Satisfaction/... 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Melbourne classifieds link thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse