Yeah guess so....but do not think you can buy that.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 163810/16/13 at 2:52pm
So when I replaced the stock pads with the DT770 pads I noticed there is a ring of foam around the driver. What is this for? It was warped and squished in some places. I felt like removing it completely. but first I need to understand what it is for?
These headphones sound AMAZING with the DT770 pads...they are very comfortable too. I think I've found my new favorite headphone. I also picked up the FiiO ANDES E07K and I am super impressed at the accessories and build quality of this little device. I'm right where I want to be with my headphone setup now.
I tried the M100 and the Q40 in store the other day and concluded the M-100's sound just...weird. I also had another user in the store who owns a few high end headphones compare both and he said my Q40's were much better. I also listened to the Sennheiser momentums in store and thought they sounded great...and the build quality was just incredible. If it wasn't for the lack of bass...I would own the sennheiser.
I used to own the M-100's...im glad I do not anymore.post #1263 of 163810/16/13 at 8:05pmpost #1264 of 163810/17/13 at 8:08pm
I like Velour pads because they are soft, warm and move around on your ear smoothly when adjusting. I hate pleather pads because they are sticky, have wrinkles and trap moister on the outside.
These Q40's feel like they have a much more solid sound signature then the M100's...The M100's are all over the place with their weird soundstage and rolled of treble.
Edited by SIDWULF - 10/17/13 at 8:13pmpost #1265 of 163810/18/13 at 7:04pmpost #1266 of 163810/18/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
Wow, how did you manage that one? Is it with an M Audio Warranty? Did you have to have proof of purchase etc? I'm just concerned because I purchased mine 2nd hand, so do not have the receipt or anything. As well as me living in New Zealand...post #1267 of 163810/19/13 at 5:25am
Well the thing was a little loose from the beginning and lost that part outside and told them that and they said no problem we will send you a new one very awesome from them and it is a company not 2nd hand.....and got it 24 of august so warranty was still valid and yes had proof of purchase.
Edited by dailysmoker - 10/19/13 at 5:27ampost #1268 of 163810/22/13 at 1:04pm
I'm sad to say I haven't been using my Q40 lately, so I decided to do a few cosmetic mod to spice things up.
The rest of the M-Audio logo will be carbon fiber soon.
When I removed the plate grille thingy I noticed the 3 holes that was holding it was pretty big. After I covered them up the sound changed, so I drilled 3 holes on bottom to compensate. Best thing about this is I can adjust the sound/bass to my preference by covering up the holes.
My next mod is to recable it and change it to a detachable dual entry system. I'm not digging the screw in method. This way I can get an equal size cable to both drivers.
Edited by RoMee - 10/22/13 at 1:08pmpost #1269 of 163810/22/13 at 1:12pmpost #1270 of 163810/22/13 at 1:23pmQuote:
I'm thinking about carbon fiber-ing the whole cup like my S500.post #1271 of 163810/22/13 at 1:27pmpost #1272 of 163810/22/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
The thought did come up, but that's a lot of work especially if a slider thing isn't available for purchase. If I can find a slider that will work or if I can fabricate one out of metal than I'll definitely give it a try.post #1273 of 163810/22/13 at 2:15pm
Wow, how did you do that? It looks very professional, indistinguishable from something that came from the factory like that. I see you haven't replaced the pads though. And bass vents would need to be tuned... you can't just throw one on and expect it to work well.post #1274 of 163810/22/13 at 2:47pm
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-007MK2 13 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 28 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 29 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear