- 450 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productEquation RP-21 Stereo Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair? Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm ,M-Audio Studiophile Q40 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 9/24/10 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Replacement Cable Last post on 4/21/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M Audio Q40 VS. Audio Technica M50 Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Prize: 189 Euro. DAC performance is less good as you can read in many other reviews. Personally I find the DAC good enough. But then again, I do not have another to compare. Connectivity is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) - Page 81post #1201 of 16468/30/13 at 6:05amYes that is true,i order a lot of vinyl figures from all over the world,and always let them send it as a gift and put a value of 20 $ on it.That way you never have to pay extra at customs,i do not....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1202 of 16469/12/13 at 10:33pmpost #1203 of 16469/13/13 at 5:20amQuote:
Sounds like you need to stretch them out a bit.post #1204 of 164610/4/13 at 9:04pmpost #1205 of 164610/5/13 at 3:24ampost #1206 of 164610/6/13 at 8:13am
But after good listening sessions i do prefer my ws55 in the overall sound the fun factor is a lot higher...the basslines just keeps rollin in so ******* good,the q40 does not have that.They are very good but just like how they made the ws55 soundwise and really need me to get a pair of the ws99 think i like them more over the q40's.....post #1207 of 164610/10/13 at 10:20pm
Anyone know how to tighten up the ratcheting headband adjustment? mine feel loose and wont stay in the adjusted place.
And ouch. The pads are to shallow and my ears touch the driver cover and make them redpost #1208 of 164610/10/13 at 11:27pmQuote:
My solution using stock pads, inserted 1/3 of one piece of kitchen paperroll into each cup, rolled into a paperroll and stuffed underneath the pads, you don't want it to be too thick so it becomes too deep or the sound signature starts to change quite noticeable (the deeper the more the mids become recessed, in it's stock form it's actually slightly more forward in the mids than the highs so it can be also used to balance it out which is how I percieve it when doing that simple mod that the mids & highs with the right thickness will be on the exact same level).
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/10/13 at 11:30pmpost #1209 of 164610/11/13 at 4:23amQuote:
For the headband issue, try tightening the the Phillips screws on the side and if that doesn't work try shoving some kind of shim in there.
The stock pads suck, one of the known issues. You can try the TP mod or a length of rope under the pad but a long term solution is to swap pads. Depending on your budget you can spend $15 or up to $60. The Shure 840 pads are the low cost fix, Alpha pads from Mr Speakers is the expensive one. I use Alpha pads and to me the comfort is amazing but
didn't hurt the sound at all. Improved it to me.post #1210 of 164610/11/13 at 7:21am
Hey guys. I bought these headphones 2 months ago and I love them. But I worried becouse the left speaker started to rattle while reproducing bass, lower the bass higher the rattle. I really can't listen to music with this noise, it's really annoying. I tried to put some paper under the pads and rattle stops. I really hope the headphones aren't broken. Is it possible that my ear touch the driver and makes it rattle?post #1211 of 164610/11/13 at 7:56ampost #1212 of 164610/11/13 at 7:59amQuote:
So what should I do? You said "I had", so how did you solved?post #1213 of 164610/11/13 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Gimmy
Hey guys. I bought these headphones 2 months ago and I love them. But I worried becouse the left speaker started to rattle while reproducing bass, lower the bass higher the rattle. I really can't listen to music with this noise, it's really annoying. I tried to put some paper under the pads and rattle stops. I really hope the headphones aren't broken. Is it possible that my ear touch the driver and makes it rattle?
It's a very common problem with these headphones. If you have one of those tiny screwdrivers, remove the pads, unscrew the four screws holding the cup together, and very carefully use some double sided tape to secure the driver to the plastic around it.post #1214 of 164610/11/13 at 8:33amQuote:
I'm trying right now. I unscrewed 3 screw, now I can see the the wires. But I don't know how can I apply the tape. I can't remove the driver..how can I secure it? Is there a guide?post #1215 of 164610/11/13 at 8:36am
I don't remember what the inside of the cup looks like, but once you open them up you can touch the driver assembly. If you wiggle it a bit you can probably tell whether it rattles or not. It doesn't have to be tape - just use whatever works to fill the gap between the driver and the cup. Glue maybe? Or stuff some folded paper.
- M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 37 seconds ago
- › Need recommendation for new headphones 39 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 52 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for Durable IEM 1 minute ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by chihwahli
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear