Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Headamp... 3months of waiting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp... 3months of waiting - Page 8

post #106 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
So telling a customer they will get their amp in 3-4 months, & getting it in 5-6 without any contact about the delay is alright with you..
for an amp as high in quality as Justin's are? hell yes. wow you waited a whole two months more for your amp, deal with it. people here need to realize that justin is working as fast as he can while maintaining the level of quality that he wants in all of his products.

it's amazing how much people whine on this forum while waiting for their products, but once they get, they can't say enough good things about the amp and its builder. trust me, if Justin was pushing picos out the door without doing the quality work that he was doing, you'd all be more upset about the pico not working well, rather than having to wait 2 more months for it.

once again, if you're not happy with it, then cancel your damn order, and look somewhere else. you're the one missing out.
post #107 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
So telling a customer they will get their amp in 3-4 months, & getting it in 5-6 without any contact about the delay is alright with you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojnihs View Post
for an amp as high in quality as Justin's are? hell yes. wow you waited a whole two months more for your amp, deal with it. people here need to realize that justin is working as fast as he can while maintaining the level of quality that he wants in all of his products.
This type of response shows a true lack of any business sense...So because a product is great, it deems the company the right to provide lackluster customer service? I'm not saying Justin did not provide good customer service, I am just trying to point out how some of the responses on this board are just not logical in a business sense.
post #108 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojnihs View Post
it's amazing how much people whine on this forum while waiting for their products, but once they get, they can't say enough good things about the amp and its builder.

I haven't seen anyone begrudging the quality or having a truly serious issue with the wait. It has more to do with what to expect when an order is placed. If it's clear that (for example) only 20 units can be made a week, and my order should be filled within 12 weeks...that's good enough for me.

I want to try a Pico....but will wait until things sort out for Headamp. I ordered a Corda 2Move earlier today instead.
post #109 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojnihs View Post
so what's your point? if you don't think Justin did not provide good customer service, then you're point is moot. if justin spent time everyday answering complaints he gets here and through emails, i can't imagine how much less time he'd spend working on the picos seeing as how many people choose to whine about it here.
My point is that just because a product has stellar performance does NOT mean that you throw negative customer experiences out the window which was implied by your first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojnihs View Post
leave justin alone and let him do what he does best, which is making god damn good amps.
Once again, I'm not bothering or talking about Justin..I am simply pointing out some of the ridiculous logic in this thread that is being used to combat people who are complaining.
post #110 of 152
Lesson #1 when ordering from Headamp

Inquire if the case for your desired model is in stock. This seems to be the most oft-cited reason for his delays in getting amps out the door. Blame it on the case vendor(s).

That is, until the case finally arrives and it is discovered that there is a part issue (bad transformer, etc.)

post #111 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito123 View Post
You don't think the overwhelming response to the Pico has anything to do with YOUR COMPLAINING?

This thread is over for me, I will respond no more. Thanks for making my point for me.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're point was that people bothering Justin makes him take longer to get amps out. People bothering Justin have nothing to do with the delays in getting my amp. And for the record, "MY COMPLAINING" was two emails to Justin asking about the status of my order. After ordering and paying $749 in August for an item that shows a 6 week wait time, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the seller for a status on my order in January.
post #112 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelg View Post
Lesson #1 when ordering from Headamp

Inquire if the case for your desired model is in stock. This seems to be the most oft-cited reason for his delays in getting amps out the door. Blame it on the case vendor(s).

That is, until the case finally arrives and it is discovered that there is a part issue (bad transformer, etc.)

Man, what is your beef lately? You deserve a new custom title like Dr. Doom or Captain Negativity. Why don't you just get back to slamming Headroom for showing prototypes at the last National Meet and how that was FUD marketing tactics... Oh wait, most of those products are now available, I guess you lost that to bitch about so Justin is your new fun topic.

Justin is a small manufacturer trying to grow. Is he experiencing some problems along the way, you bet. But geez, give the guy some time to adapt and over come. He's created a design for his amps and is therefore married to a case manufacturer for the time being. ONE MANUFACTURER. Maybe that was a bad choice on his part, but it's not one he can just up and change unless he wants to fold up shop. And if you've ever compared the quality of his chassis to a lot of other, not so slammed manufacturers around here, you'd think like I do that he holds himself to a much higher standard.
post #113 of 152
Look, Nate - I don't know who appointed you the Head-Fi thread scourer for our resident manufacturers like Headroom, so I guess you either nominated yourself for the job or you are affiliated with them somehow (see your sig ). And if I need someone to bring up ancient arguments, I have a few girlfriends who can do plenty of this, so I don't need someone else doing it, thank you very much. I've moved on. You should too.

Anyway, if you notice that the OP and most of those not particularly enamoured with Headamp's long wait-times, it's either those actually waiting for their paid-for amp, or those who are potential customers voicing their opinion why it is/would be an issue for them. If you notice who is jumping in to defend these practices, it is mostly people who already have their amps.

I don't dispute that Justin's work is top-notch...once you get it. I don't think anyone is. It's just that the excuses are getting so old that they are being recycled (case issue, transformer issue,...yadayadayada). People are disappointed, and are venting this here. Why is that so bad? Again, I'd think that Justin would want to know this information. Unless he has so many orders backed up that he doesn't really care about new business?
post #114 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelg View Post
Look, Nate - I don't know who appointed you the Head-Fi thread scourer for our resident manufacturers like Headroom, so I guess you either nominated yourself for the job or you are affiliated with them somehow (see your sig ). And if I need someone to bring up ancient arguments, I have a few girlfriends who can do plenty of this, so I don't need someone else doing it, thank you very much. I've moved on. You should too.
I just defend the ones who need or are worth defending. And yeah, I guess paying Tyll for gear like everyone else does (I've never received anything for free, for the record) disqualifies me from pointing out BS when I see it. And congrats on appointing yourself the resident doom sayer who can find nothing better to contribute than negative arguments. You do your position as a mod proud. At least you're getting more even handed in your criticism and branching out to more than just one manufacturer. I look forward to you moving onto more of them, since there's plenty to say about all of them really. Of course it's not looked upon so lightly when criticism is levied on certain folks around here, although I'm sure you'll just point to my tinfoil hat when I bring that up, eh?

I've said my peace, I guess I'll go back to enjoying my preferential treatment.
post #115 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelg View Post
the excuses are getting so old that they are being recycled (case issue,
Does the fact that it's been the same issue multiple times tell you anything? Maybe that it's, I dunno, true?!
post #116 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrych View Post
Does the fact that it's been the same issue multiple times tell you anything? Maybe that it's, I dunno, true?!
And the next logical step for the business owner would be to take steps toward changing the situation, no? It's happened enough times, and for long enough for customers to rightly expect change, imo. Otherwise we can only expect more of the same.
post #117 of 152
...and initially I thought we were all having a nice conversation......
post #118 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
no beef. have i said anything offensive or untrue.
Well, you did write this on page 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
regardless of the arguments presented in justin's favor and most have been ridiculous, the bottom line is that in general there is a substantial difference between his estimates and his delivery times (i don't think many would dispute this) and that this is not something new. all i and i think most are suggesting is that whatever the causes of these delays are, he factor them in and maybe generously so he can give more realistic dates about when his products will be ready for shipment. if he did that, i bet you would not see all these complaint threads pop up.

to be honest, i think justin gives out timeframes which he knows or has good reason to believe will not be reasonably met for the simple fact that he doesn't want to lose business - i.e., he is afraid that if he tells someone it will take 4 months (or whatever the time period) to get a GLite, that person will look elsewhere. while understandable, as this is probably true to some extent, this is also regrettable.
How do you know the correlation between HeadAmp's estimates and actual delivery times when you haven't bought a new product directly from HeadAmp yet? For the record, I've bought new products from HeadAmp eight times now and have received only one estimate which passed by. Did I care? No. But of course it was disappointing, and there are lots of other people who would have cared much more than me. In my experience at least I haven't seen HeadAmp typically give estimates on any order, unless asked, and even then the standard answer is something along the lines of "awaiting chassis parts from the manufacturer and I expect them by <insert estimate given by chassis manufacturer here>." Did you know the chassis parts that HeadAmp uses are a custom specification? The routine hold-up on HeadAmp orders is because of these custom-spec chassis that have to be ordered in bulk, not one at a time, and it's pretty apparent that the manufacturer building these chassis for HeadAmp is typically unreliable when it comes to timeliness. What would you do if you were running an amp business and your parts supplier gave you a run-around? Well you would probably try to find another parts supplier of course, but in this case, there is only one that meets HeadAmp's standards, hence the reason HeadAmp keeps using them.

And the next part of your quoted post is rather offensive to Justin. Are you Justin? Why are you trying to speak for him and spread information that may or may not be true? What are you doing in this thread when you haven't ordered a new product from HeadAmp? By all means let us know if you've had personal dealings with him at a meet or over the phone btw, if that adds any relevance to your post. I have, I've asked him questions (that he answered) and learned things about his amps, philosophies, and business operation because I was curious. Have you? I don't even know Justin that well yet but I can tell you that he's not the kind of person who would intentionally deceive existing or potential customers. He's an honest, hard-working, and clearly very smart individual who takes great pride in his work and is probably 200% confident in everything he does. If you don't know this by now then I guess you haven't interacted with him very much or looked at his products that much. Call me a "fanboy" if you want, I don't really care, but I have a lot of respect for someone like Justin. Then again I have a lot of respect for the other amp vendors too - Ray, Mikhail, Tyll, and the other faces that don't get recognized as much around here, including some of the more prolific DIY-ers here. It's not that I'm being one-sided with Justin, there are lots of ways I respect the other amp vendors and builders. It just so happens that Justin makes the products that I like the best.
post #119 of 152
Folks, I'm going to be doing a little clean-up in here WRT off-topic posts.

The subject of this thread is HeadAmp and the wait time for delivery of amps. That is ALL that will be discussed here going forward.
post #120 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
How do you know the correlation between HeadAmp's estimates and actual delivery times when you haven't bought a new product directly from HeadAmp yet?
i did purchase/order a PSU for my GLite directly from headamp. the estimate given to me was not met. i made several inquiries about it (a few weeks after deadline, a few weeks later, and then later again) and justin responded in a timley manner to each one, although never gave me a clear indication about when the product would ship. eventually i sold my GLite and asked justin for a refund for the PSU, which he also gave me in a timely fashion, although i did have to ask twice. my dealings with him were very cordial and friendly, but i was a bit disappointed that i never got to hear my GLite with the PSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod-tom View Post
Folks, I'm going to be doing a little clean-up in here WRT off-topic posts.The subject of this thread is HeadAmp and the wait time for delivery of amps. That is ALL that will be discussed here going forward.
yes. i am partly to blame for that, as well as others. i apologize for my role in diverting this thread from its original topic. that's what happens when you post really late at night.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Headamp... 3months of waiting