New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso P2 - Page 3

post #31 of 324
Ho big is it, compared to the Hornet?
post #32 of 324
I just drew a diagram of P2 using the dimensions listed on the site. This guy is about as big as SR-71. Can anyone confirm? Comparisons with SR-71 would be nice too, although the price is not the same ballpark.

I find the design idea impressive at least on paper, as I do the price/construction, so this is a curious amplifier for transportable use (peoples like me - cafe/library).
post #33 of 324
It is the same length as a Xin amp of the IX or Reference series and about 5cm wider with the same height. It seems smaller than the SR71 to me. I guess a number of amps could be smaller if dip sockets weren't used but I do like the ability to roll opamps. I think it makes an amp much more versatile.
post #34 of 324
Gosh. I really want it, but it's too big for my pockets.
post #35 of 324
The smallest "high" quality amps I know of and have heard are the Xin Micro and the Mini (my favorite though the Micro is the best sounding at this point) but when they will be produced so that they can be ordered is anyone's guess.
post #36 of 324
I'm really hoping to have this to review soon. I liked the P1 a lot, and this seems like it's quite a step up...
post #37 of 324
The amp is warmer, in a natural way, than some others I have listened to. I find this to be a very positive thing. This amp does outshine the P1. iBasso seems to learn very fast. I also like the internals of the P2 much, much more than the P1. The bass control is not overdone but does give two options of more bass than no bass and the gain function is excellent, imo.
post #38 of 324
I have had for a few months an iBasso D1 which I purchased for $229 plus $23 for S&H. The D1 has been a fantastic unit which after many op-amps I have settled on:

- LT6234 as the DAC op-amp
- AD8599 as the Amp op-amp w/ LHM6643 (2) as the buffers

Well today I received a new amp by iBasso to test and see what I think. At first impressions it looks like a mini D1 due to its similar exterior construction. However, upon closer examinations you notice:

- It has a three way gaing switch on the back
- It has a three level bass boost on the back

I plan on burning it in for 200 hours before I live w/ it for a week and get use to its stock sound. Then I will explore swapping op-amps. So far I can say that many users will find its smaller size and lighter wait very appealing.

Here are some pictures.













As it burns in I will post additional information.
post #39 of 324
"DAC is only fed via USB"

There's no DAC in P2 if i am correct. No USB from the pic too.
post #40 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatCult View Post
"DAC is only fed via USB"

There's no DAC in P2 if i am correct. No USB from the pic too.
No.
The iBasso above is the new version (i.d ver2) of the D1 not P2
post #41 of 324
So where does the USB fit? Looks like a P2 to me but maybe we are drinking different water. :^)

Nice solder joints.
post #42 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
No.
The iBasso above is the new version (i.d ver2) of the D1 not P2
That's the P2. Pretty sure. Have a look at the back. There isn't any mini-USB jack. Only the Gain and Bass switches.
post #43 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatCult View Post
That's the P2. Pretty sure. Have a look at the back. There isn't any mini-USB jack. Only the Gain and Bass switches.
Sorry for my mistaken
Really funny Those amps from iBasso now make me crazy
post #44 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
I have had for a few months an iBasso D1 which I purchased for $229 plus $23 for S&H. The D1 has been a fantastic unit which after many op-amps I have settled on:

- LT6234 as the DAC op-amp
- AD8599 as the Amp op-amp w/ LHM6643 (2) as the buffers

Well today I received a new amp by iBasso to test and see what I think. At first impressions it looks like a mini D1 due to its similar exterior construction. However, upon closer examinations you notice:

- DAC is only fed via USB
- It has a three way gaing switch on the back
- It has a three level bass boost on the back

I plan on burning it in for 200 hours before I live w/ it for a week and get use to its stock sound. Then I will explore swapping op-amps. So far I can say that many users will find its smaller size and lighter wait very appealing.

Here are some pictures.













As it burns in I will post additional information.
Hey Miguel, the P2 looks awesome. Build quality alone looks well worth $139.00! I was wondering if the back plate is about 2/3rd's the thickness of the face plate? Not that it needs to be a thick as the face plus it cuts overall weight
post #45 of 324
The back plate is about 1/3 the thickness of the face plate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps