Originally Posted by D-EJ915
1...D-EJ915, MZ-S1 ( never done a comparo...lazy to set it up/ in Ca right now )
2....Phillips CD player, $60 bucks, bought it before my 915
3.....SP90, terrible crap...DO NOT BUY!
anyway, that's what I've heard
1. MZ-E50 (most bass hands-down, it rips your head off with the A500s which I no longer have)
2. D-EJ915 (doesn't need BB...smacks the 2000 in terms of bass, I was running this off of AC and the 2000 off of the battery though...)
3. MZ-S1 (has about the same bass as the 2000 but has good BB)
4. D-EJ2000 (has nice highs, weak in bass and has bad BB)
5. D-E880 (too midrange-y, it has the same bad BB)
The philips is dead, and the SP90 is long-gone.