or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G! - Page 211

post #3151 of 3158

Well when you join head-fi your wallet will pay the price, one way or the other

post #3152 of 3158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Well when you join head-fi your wallet will pay the price, one way or the other
Very true indeed, I think my first decent portable was a discman and he's starting with an imod and an amp "dangerous territory" I sense astell & kern taste in a year or 2 with that start
post #3153 of 3158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

Very true indeed, I think my first decent portable was a discman and he's starting with an imod and an amp "dangerous territory" I sense astell & kern taste in a year or 2 with that start

i have sansa clip and o2 amp too:D but this will be my first real dap.

would love to buy some pricey stuff like astells and lotoo paws but being student not helps. and turkish lira is really weak compared to us dollar unfortunately.
post #3154 of 3158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarhana View Post

i have sansa clip and o2 amp too:D but this will be my first real dap.

would love to buy some pricey stuff like astells and lotoo paws but being student not helps. and turkish lira is really weak compared to us dollar unfortunately.
If you ever feel the urge to upgrade from the DIYmod i recommend an ibasso dx90

It sounds great and far cheaper than a lot of things on a comparable level. But take your time. Even that Sansa clip can surprise you from time to time!
post #3155 of 3158

does anyone know of someone or a company in the uk who can do 5g ipod classic dac to lod mods?

post #3156 of 3158

What type of caps are those?

post #3157 of 3158

If I swap to an SD card setup, is there any restriction from Rockbox on the number of tracks that can be stored?

post #3158 of 3158

Not too shabby for a first run. .  But where will the battery go?

 

 

The iFlash cards sure open up a lot of room. . .

 

 

 

I mostly did this as a feasibility test/practice on my spare 'pod. As you can see, the loss of the retention clip at the top allows a bit of a gap to open up. This is largely due to the positioning of the battery. I really need to get a different one in there, as the current one is placing a bit too much pressure on the back of the screen for my liking. The new line-out jack was salvaged from a torn ribbon cable assembly and super-glued in place (I hope to find a more elegant solution for the next one.) The capacitors are Elna Silmic II's (6.3v, 47 μF). It's nice not having to futz with a LOD :D

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring 3G, 4G, 5G and nano 1G!