- 205 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX or a Desktop amp? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp - Page 624
Hi, I had been using the ZERO DAC (no usb version) for a long time.
Three weeks ago, the power button stop working and the machine keep power-on all the time.
I had tried open the case but can do nothing at all........
Now, I need to unplug the power cord every time after use.
Does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?
On the other hand, if I would like to upgrade to a new DAC +headamp, any recommendation for the price of around $200.
Many many thanks.
I had tried open up the case but found the power switch was covered rather firmly, for a non-diyer, no confident to do so.
Last night, when I plug in the power cord, zero power led blink and strange sound came out of the earphone.
I tried to on/off the power button for a few times, then it works again. I can switch on & off the zero last night.
Don't know how long will this last......
Any recommendation if the zero finally die and need a new replacement
I don't quite uderstand what's the problem with switch replacement - you just unsrew two screws, remove the black shrink-tube (= cut it open) and replace the switch for new one.
About the recommendation: on the same level as ZERO there is Audinst HUD-mx1 for example; better choices than original ZERO are Audio-GD products (NFB 15 or something second-handed)...
After reading the first several pages of this thread, I bought a Zero. It arrived last week (about 3 days after my order - from China!). When it arrived, I hooked it up to my PC via the USB port to burn it in. This is my first dac/headphone amp, but it sounded great to me out of the box. During the burn in process, I happened to be crawling around the back of my computer, and noticed there was an audio out port. So I trotted over to Radio Shack and got an Auvio digital coax cable. I hooked up the digital coax cable and cycled the Zero (LED light changed) - no sound. USB still worked. So I figured maybe there was a problem with the audio digital port on my computer.
However, I actually bought the Zero to use with my home audio system, because my Oppo BDP 103 lacks a headphone jack. Since the Oppo was already connected to other components, the only available audio out was the digital coax. So I connected the Zero and the Oppo via Auvio cable, and voila - my HD700's were singing.
I then tried connecting the Zero to my Squeezebox Touch via the USB port, which had worked perfectly when it was hooked up to my computer. NO SOUND! To check the Squeezebox, I turned my Maggie's on, and the Squeezebox worked fine through them.
So I'm perplexed. Is the Zero designed to work with only one input connection at a time? I thought the purpose of the selector was specifically so you could choose among several simultaneously connected sources. So am I wrong in thinking there is something wrong with my Zero? Or is there some software or another "trick" I need to try to get it to play music from different inputs simultaneously connected?
If there is something wrong, does anyone have any experience with cheaply shipping something back to China/Hong Kong?
HumanSaurusRex: in the 2010 the ZERO was certainly better than Dacmagic. But I think there were some updates on DACmagic since that time, but there were also quite big audible differences in ZERO in that time.
jocar37: ZERO works even with all inputs connected, so I recommend trying optical input. If optical is OK than the coaxial input is defective (maybe just connector). If the optical is not working then there is something strange happening since the USB in nothing more than USB=>S/PDIF converter with S/PDIF output internally connected to the third S/PDIF input.
I have been using the Zero for the past two years with my Q701s and it has been a detailed and analytical journey. I run the LT1364 + LT1469 combination for the DAC/AMP. However, I am looking for a more relaxed, smoother sound and am planning to upgradeto the Audeze LCD-2s.
I was wondering if anybody has had experience with the combination and if the amp has enough power to make the Audezes sound good?
I use the Zero DAC via USB (stock) + LCD-2's and I find it to be quite laid back as it is. I haven't tried LT1364 + LT1469 but i'm in the process of swapping the OPamps to achieve the same feel as you. So i'll let you know how it goes. Other than that the DAC/Amp drives the LCD-2's just fine and sounds great!.
Nice! The Opamp switch was a big help to the sound. Bass got tighter and did not sound as recessed. I was able to get them by requesting free samples from Linear. Best deal EVER!! Yea, let me know how it goes.
Amarok CZ - I went to use the optical port, but there's a piece of plastic protruding from it. Is that supposed to be in there? My optical cable doesn't seem to fit. I thought maybe it was a protective piece to cover the port when not in use, but it doesn't seem to come out, and I didn't want to force it.
- Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
- › Chord Mojo 38 seconds ago
- › JH3A - How will you feed it? 2 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Noise Cancelling Headphones for Travel 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › He-400 bass? 6 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse