Try S/PDIF and pray for sound. :)
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX or a Desktop amp? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp - Page 622
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I really hate to create a new thread for my question, so I'll append it here and hope someone can point me in the right direction.
My current setup is as follows: USB --> Pico DAC --> Audio Engine A2 speakers (3.5mm) && Rockhopper M^3 Amp (RCA)
I was hoping to use the Zero DAC as a volume control for the A2 speakers since the knob is currently on the back of those and it's really annoying to reach behind and change the volume. Seeing as the Zero only have 1 Line out, can anyone tell me if this will work by splitting it or something? Or can someone point me in the right direction of another DAC with more output options? The Zero would be nice as an additional headphone amp when I'm bored w/ the M^3, but my main goal here is to feed my M^3 and my powered A2 speakers.
On a side note, adding computer gaming to the mix, has anyone experimented w/ CMSS-3D or Dolby out the DAC for positional assistance while playing FPS games?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Isnt the front panel output amped? My speakers are powered, and so I'm thinking an amped source would be bad, no?
Ah ok, both are amped. Can you help me understand this then... If I am trying to get the audio out to my M^3 amp, should you not amp the music twice? as you should not DAC the music twice either?
Maybe I just need a different DAC w/ volume control and no amp. Thoughts?
Not sure if we understand each other. Fixed LINE isn't amped. Regulated LINE is amped.
M3 has volume control so you can just use ZERO switched on fixed output LINE as DAC without volume control. ...or no?
Sorry, I thought you said lineout was Amped as well. Ok, so Lineout to M3 will work great. How about to my powered speakers which have 3.5 mini and RCA input? Can I run them off the amped side (1/4 output) or is it going to sound bad?
Well I said that because it's true in some cases: LINE OUT can be either amped or not. You can switch between these two modes using one button on front panel. So you can connect M3 to RCA LINE OUT (asd preffereably use fixed - unamped - output) and also connect speakers to either 1/4 jack or RCA LINE OUT (you have to disconnect M3 since the amped and unamped LINE OUT uses the same RCA connectors) while using amped RCA output or 1/4 jack output.
Just got this amp. I really like it, but it gets quite hot. Not too hot to touch but pretty warm. Any idea what would be a safe operating temperature or any guidelines to keep this thing from being damaged?
The hottest place should be near the vents on the right side of the case. My normal temperature is ~15°C above the room temperature.
Once I had another ZERO that was very hot becuse of the transformer. But it was the old ZERO (see first post).
Hi, Are you sure that? Do you have some ZERODAC schematics proving that? I think it's only attenuated via the same pot, switchable by relays.
I have schematic so I'm 100% sure. The signal path of regulated LINE OUT is following: DAC => headphone amp => headphone jack (it serves as switch: when there are no headphones plugged the output is wsitched towards line out connectors) => serial resistors (10k) => RCA connectors. Second "proof" is that there are 3 cables connected to headphone amp: line in, power and line out. And third proof: when you play 50Hz sine and connect multimeter to LINE OUT you will measure approx 2V, if you switch to regulated and turn volume to max you will measure ~ 8V => it's not attenuated by POT, but amped (by headphone amp).
So from that you can see that regulated LINE OUT is degraded by additional amping by headphone amp and it also has huge output impedance.
Ok. Thank You. You convinced me of that. But that's too bad for the signal adding second amp in the path even better headphone amplifier as modding. It would be nice if the pot is only attenuator. Who needs 8v rms?
- Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 33 seconds ago
- › Classifying versions of the RS1: Your Guide (Work in Progress) 1 minute ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2