Try S/PDIF and pray for sound. :)
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX or a Desktop amp? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp - Page 622post #9316 of 93738/13/13 at 8:48am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9317 of 93738/14/13 at 8:11pm
I really hate to create a new thread for my question, so I'll append it here and hope someone can point me in the right direction.
My current setup is as follows: USB --> Pico DAC --> Audio Engine A2 speakers (3.5mm) && Rockhopper M^3 Amp (RCA)
I was hoping to use the Zero DAC as a volume control for the A2 speakers since the knob is currently on the back of those and it's really annoying to reach behind and change the volume. Seeing as the Zero only have 1 Line out, can anyone tell me if this will work by splitting it or something? Or can someone point me in the right direction of another DAC with more output options? The Zero would be nice as an additional headphone amp when I'm bored w/ the M^3, but my main goal here is to feed my M^3 and my powered A2 speakers.
On a side note, adding computer gaming to the mix, has anyone experimented w/ CMSS-3D or Dolby out the DAC for positional assistance while playing FPS games?
Thanks in advance for any input.post #9318 of 93738/15/13 at 9:14ampost #9319 of 93738/15/13 at 10:10amQuote:
Isnt the front panel output amped? My speakers are powered, and so I'm thinking an amped source would be bad, no?post #9320 of 93738/15/13 at 11:06ampost #9321 of 93738/15/13 at 11:11amQuote:
Ah ok, both are amped. Can you help me understand this then... If I am trying to get the audio out to my M^3 amp, should you not amp the music twice? as you should not DAC the music twice either?
Maybe I just need a different DAC w/ volume control and no amp. Thoughts?post #9322 of 93738/15/13 at 12:32pm
Not sure if we understand each other. Fixed LINE isn't amped. Regulated LINE is amped.
M3 has volume control so you can just use ZERO switched on fixed output LINE as DAC without volume control. ...or no?post #9323 of 93738/15/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
Sorry, I thought you said lineout was Amped as well. Ok, so Lineout to M3 will work great. How about to my powered speakers which have 3.5 mini and RCA input? Can I run them off the amped side (1/4 output) or is it going to sound bad?post #9324 of 93738/15/13 at 10:21pm
Well I said that because it's true in some cases: LINE OUT can be either amped or not. You can switch between these two modes using one button on front panel. So you can connect M3 to RCA LINE OUT (asd preffereably use fixed - unamped - output) and also connect speakers to either 1/4 jack or RCA LINE OUT (you have to disconnect M3 since the amped and unamped LINE OUT uses the same RCA connectors) while using amped RCA output or 1/4 jack output.post #9325 of 93738/29/13 at 10:00pm
Just got this amp. I really like it, but it gets quite hot. Not too hot to touch but pretty warm. Any idea what would be a safe operating temperature or any guidelines to keep this thing from being damaged?post #9326 of 93738/29/13 at 10:23pm
The hottest place should be near the vents on the right side of the case. My normal temperature is ~15°C above the room temperature.
Once I had another ZERO that was very hot becuse of the transformer. But it was the old ZERO (see first post).post #9327 of 937310/18/13 at 6:30ampost #9328 of 937310/18/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Hi, Are you sure that? Do you have some ZERODAC schematics proving that? I think it's only attenuated via the same pot, switchable by relays.
Thank You!post #9329 of 937310/19/13 at 12:05am
I have schematic so I'm 100% sure. The signal path of regulated LINE OUT is following: DAC => headphone amp => headphone jack (it serves as switch: when there are no headphones plugged the output is wsitched towards line out connectors) => serial resistors (10k) => RCA connectors. Second "proof" is that there are 3 cables connected to headphone amp: line in, power and line out. And third proof: when you play 50Hz sine and connect multimeter to LINE OUT you will measure approx 2V, if you switch to regulated and turn volume to max you will measure ~ 8V => it's not attenuated by POT, but amped (by headphone amp).
So from that you can see that regulated LINE OUT is degraded by additional amping by headphone amp and it also has huge output impedance.post #9330 of 937310/19/13 at 4:31am
Ok. Thank You. You convinced me of that. But that's too bad for the signal adding second amp in the path even better headphone amplifier as modding. It would be nice if the pot is only attenuator. Who needs 8v rms?
- Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Rosie II full metal 9 minutes ago
- › Value for money real tube amp - WA6, schiit valhalla2, head one ? 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 mg -Matte Grey 10 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear