AMP isn't so powerful. Real problem is that this AMP has crazy high gain.
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX or a Desktop amp? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW: Red Wine Audio “Audeze Edition” balanced Headphone Amplifier – DAC combo Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp - Page 618
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I think that without soldering there isn't a reasonable solution. Try asking a friend or someone else, it's worth it!
You could use impedance adaptor, but the damping will be very poor then.
is there nothing I can do to the circuitry of the board, i.e. add a resistance cable on the cable that connects the dac to the amp? all of my friends are looking at my going 'wtf, how can your amp be too powerful for a 650' So i guess they won't be of much help :(
looks like my options are running out D:
I'm courious why your friends are so surprised ... HD650 are very sesnsitive.
You're suggesting adding resistance cable ... you would still need to do some soldering to solder the cable to somwhere or do you?
maybe that's because they don't have one lol.
resistance cables.. I don't know. Just a random thought, thinking of something like an 'interconnect' but with a resistor/resistance in the cable.
how about reducing the gain of the amp? is it possible?
Reducing the gain is exactly what I reffered you to few post later!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/575840/you-can-add-resistors-to-lower-the-volume-of-a-zero-dac-amp (first post on second page)
Bought an Zero 09 with usb for about a moth ago..
I got pop sounds after some time (10 hours), headset was then Sennheiser Hd 497. ( OPA 627 dual )
Now i bought genuine LT1361, ( single). Plugged it in, and the sound was great for about 1 hour, and now i got popping sounds all time listening to music.. Now my headset is upgraded to Bowers & Wilkins P5.
I dont know what to to with this.. I have tried optical as source too, but it is just the same popping sounds.
Does someone know? :/
Same problem with click/pops on a new computer:
OS Windows 7 64-bit -> MB Asus P8Z77-V (Realtek ALC892) -> SPDIF (coaxial or optic - no difference) -> Zero DAC
No problems with click/pops on a old computer:
OS Windows XP 32-bit -> MB Asus A8N-Sli (PCI) -> M-audio Revolution 5.1 -> SPDIF (coaxial) -> Zero DAC
No problems with click/pops on a new computer:
OS Windows 7 64-bit -> MB Asus P8Z77-V (Realtek ALC892) -> SPDIF (coaxial or optic - no difference) -> Edifier R2700
I'll try M-audio Revolution 5.1 -> Zero DAC with a new computer in the near future. I hope we find out who clicks / pops - Windows 7 or Realtek or Zero
So you mean that something is too hot to make clear sound?
what should i look after in the amp ? I hate that its not working popertly :(
I have tried it with a lot of sources, cd players, ps3, computers, with different opa amps, but it is the same on every source :-/ Different usb cables and different toslink cables, even tried it in a other house.
So i bought a new Dual BB627, it was quiet for about 6hours with that Amps (happy then :D), but now it popping almost all the time. It's sometimes quiet the first 10 minuets after it's turned on. But most often it crackle / popping just after turn on.
What is the problem? :)
- Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › [Wanted] He audio Jade headphones 2 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 22 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 43 seconds ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3