- 2,019 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade HD595 to HD600 or get new DAC first? Last post on 12/12/12 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
HD 600 vs HD 650 - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya I was about to say layoff the fake marble. I'm loving it.
Moments I fell in love with the HD600: climax of Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and basically the entire Random Access Memories album by Daft Punk.
I didn't say it looked "bad" but it looks marbley. haha. I actually liked it a lot more when I received it then from the photos like you say, but it still has a, shall we say "unique" appearance. haha Not for everyone.
For long movie sessions, sometime it's tiring for me to always listen to one headphone. I always find any particular headphone have 'this' frequency that come more often than other thus makes my ears tired. I mean ALL, hd800 included.
That's why calling one headphone have no coloration is BS, only that one have more coloration than others, but complete coloration free, no way.
When I got tired, I switch to, let say 650, ad700, ad2000, my ears will, .... aahhhh, relieved.
In one long serial movie watching can be more than 4 hrs, I can swap over 3-4 headphones depending on mood and recorded movie sound signature.
They're both good deals new. Used, it's only a good deal for HD650 and a normal deal for HD600.
Neither is the better value because it depends which one you prefer listening to. So an HD650 for $50 is a bad value for me (setting aside the question of reselling it), because I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd rather have the $50 to spend on something I want. Before you ask, I'd buy it if it were $15. A new HD600 at $300 is a good value for me because I'd be willing to pay more.
I'm having this trouble right now.
I'd like something warmer/darker/thicker than my Q701, but maybe a little less fuller than my 558. 558 sounds a little bloated. I prefer the one that sounds more natural with instruments, especially drums and cymbals, and also excelling with vocals. Also need to have a fun factor of 10
Any advice for HD600 vs 650? I can get both for around the same price. Is one easier to drive than the other?
I listen to:
Rock, Alternative, Post-Hardcore
A little bit of classical, and some Drum n Bass
One last bit: My listening sessions are LONG, 5+ hours.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 4:46am
I'm reading that they are a basshead phone.
EDIT: also seems like that wouldn't be an upgrade, more like a downgrade.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 5:57am
- HD 600 vs HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 9 minutes ago
- › DT1350 Loses Left Side Sound , Fixed By Plugging Into Other Jack -... 11 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)