- 2,026 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade HD595 to HD600 or get new DAC first? Last post on 12/12/12 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
HD 600 vs HD 650 - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya I was about to say layoff the fake marble. I'm loving it.
Moments I fell in love with the HD600: climax of Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and basically the entire Random Access Memories album by Daft Punk.
I didn't say it looked "bad" but it looks marbley. haha. I actually liked it a lot more when I received it then from the photos like you say, but it still has a, shall we say "unique" appearance. haha Not for everyone.
For long movie sessions, sometime it's tiring for me to always listen to one headphone. I always find any particular headphone have 'this' frequency that come more often than other thus makes my ears tired. I mean ALL, hd800 included.
That's why calling one headphone have no coloration is BS, only that one have more coloration than others, but complete coloration free, no way.
When I got tired, I switch to, let say 650, ad700, ad2000, my ears will, .... aahhhh, relieved.
In one long serial movie watching can be more than 4 hrs, I can swap over 3-4 headphones depending on mood and recorded movie sound signature.
They're both good deals new. Used, it's only a good deal for HD650 and a normal deal for HD600.
Neither is the better value because it depends which one you prefer listening to. So an HD650 for $50 is a bad value for me (setting aside the question of reselling it), because I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd rather have the $50 to spend on something I want. Before you ask, I'd buy it if it were $15. A new HD600 at $300 is a good value for me because I'd be willing to pay more.
I'm having this trouble right now.
I'd like something warmer/darker/thicker than my Q701, but maybe a little less fuller than my 558. 558 sounds a little bloated. I prefer the one that sounds more natural with instruments, especially drums and cymbals, and also excelling with vocals. Also need to have a fun factor of 10
Any advice for HD600 vs 650? I can get both for around the same price. Is one easier to drive than the other?
I listen to:
Rock, Alternative, Post-Hardcore
A little bit of classical, and some Drum n Bass
One last bit: My listening sessions are LONG, 5+ hours.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 4:46am
I'm reading that they are a basshead phone.
EDIT: also seems like that wouldn't be an upgrade, more like a downgrade.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 5:57am
- HD 600 vs HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 41 seconds ago
- › My DIY headphone tube amps 42 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)