- 2,107 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade HD595 to HD600 or get new DAC first? Last post on 12/12/12 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
HD 600 vs HD 650 - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya I was about to say layoff the fake marble. I'm loving it.
Moments I fell in love with the HD600: climax of Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and basically the entire Random Access Memories album by Daft Punk.
I didn't say it looked "bad" but it looks marbley. haha. I actually liked it a lot more when I received it then from the photos like you say, but it still has a, shall we say "unique" appearance. haha Not for everyone.
For long movie sessions, sometime it's tiring for me to always listen to one headphone. I always find any particular headphone have 'this' frequency that come more often than other thus makes my ears tired. I mean ALL, hd800 included.
That's why calling one headphone have no coloration is BS, only that one have more coloration than others, but complete coloration free, no way.
When I got tired, I switch to, let say 650, ad700, ad2000, my ears will, .... aahhhh, relieved.
In one long serial movie watching can be more than 4 hrs, I can swap over 3-4 headphones depending on mood and recorded movie sound signature.
They're both good deals new. Used, it's only a good deal for HD650 and a normal deal for HD600.
Neither is the better value because it depends which one you prefer listening to. So an HD650 for $50 is a bad value for me (setting aside the question of reselling it), because I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd rather have the $50 to spend on something I want. Before you ask, I'd buy it if it were $15. A new HD600 at $300 is a good value for me because I'd be willing to pay more.
I'm having this trouble right now.
I'd like something warmer/darker/thicker than my Q701, but maybe a little less fuller than my 558. 558 sounds a little bloated. I prefer the one that sounds more natural with instruments, especially drums and cymbals, and also excelling with vocals. Also need to have a fun factor of 10
Any advice for HD600 vs 650? I can get both for around the same price. Is one easier to drive than the other?
I listen to:
Rock, Alternative, Post-Hardcore
A little bit of classical, and some Drum n Bass
One last bit: My listening sessions are LONG, 5+ hours.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 4:46am
I'm reading that they are a basshead phone.
EDIT: also seems like that wouldn't be an upgrade, more like a downgrade.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 5:57am
- HD 600 vs HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Disappointed in the "audiophile" community... 2 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for open back headphones please 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Where to from ath m50x 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)