- 2,081 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade HD595 to HD600 or get new DAC first? Last post on 12/12/12 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
HD 600 vs HD 650 - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya I was about to say layoff the fake marble. I'm loving it.
Moments I fell in love with the HD600: climax of Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and basically the entire Random Access Memories album by Daft Punk.
I didn't say it looked "bad" but it looks marbley. haha. I actually liked it a lot more when I received it then from the photos like you say, but it still has a, shall we say "unique" appearance. haha Not for everyone.
For long movie sessions, sometime it's tiring for me to always listen to one headphone. I always find any particular headphone have 'this' frequency that come more often than other thus makes my ears tired. I mean ALL, hd800 included.
That's why calling one headphone have no coloration is BS, only that one have more coloration than others, but complete coloration free, no way.
When I got tired, I switch to, let say 650, ad700, ad2000, my ears will, .... aahhhh, relieved.
In one long serial movie watching can be more than 4 hrs, I can swap over 3-4 headphones depending on mood and recorded movie sound signature.
They're both good deals new. Used, it's only a good deal for HD650 and a normal deal for HD600.
Neither is the better value because it depends which one you prefer listening to. So an HD650 for $50 is a bad value for me (setting aside the question of reselling it), because I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd rather have the $50 to spend on something I want. Before you ask, I'd buy it if it were $15. A new HD600 at $300 is a good value for me because I'd be willing to pay more.
I'm having this trouble right now.
I'd like something warmer/darker/thicker than my Q701, but maybe a little less fuller than my 558. 558 sounds a little bloated. I prefer the one that sounds more natural with instruments, especially drums and cymbals, and also excelling with vocals. Also need to have a fun factor of 10
Any advice for HD600 vs 650? I can get both for around the same price. Is one easier to drive than the other?
I listen to:
Rock, Alternative, Post-Hardcore
A little bit of classical, and some Drum n Bass
One last bit: My listening sessions are LONG, 5+ hours.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 4:46am
I'm reading that they are a basshead phone.
EDIT: also seems like that wouldn't be an upgrade, more like a downgrade.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 5:57am
- HD 600 vs HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 4 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › New April Music Stello HP100 MKII 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)