- 2,081 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade HD595 to HD600 or get new DAC first? Last post on 12/12/12 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
HD 600 vs HD 650 - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya I was about to say layoff the fake marble. I'm loving it.
Moments I fell in love with the HD600: climax of Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead and basically the entire Random Access Memories album by Daft Punk.
I didn't say it looked "bad" but it looks marbley. haha. I actually liked it a lot more when I received it then from the photos like you say, but it still has a, shall we say "unique" appearance. haha Not for everyone.
For long movie sessions, sometime it's tiring for me to always listen to one headphone. I always find any particular headphone have 'this' frequency that come more often than other thus makes my ears tired. I mean ALL, hd800 included.
That's why calling one headphone have no coloration is BS, only that one have more coloration than others, but complete coloration free, no way.
When I got tired, I switch to, let say 650, ad700, ad2000, my ears will, .... aahhhh, relieved.
In one long serial movie watching can be more than 4 hrs, I can swap over 3-4 headphones depending on mood and recorded movie sound signature.
They're both good deals new. Used, it's only a good deal for HD650 and a normal deal for HD600.
Neither is the better value because it depends which one you prefer listening to. So an HD650 for $50 is a bad value for me (setting aside the question of reselling it), because I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd rather have the $50 to spend on something I want. Before you ask, I'd buy it if it were $15. A new HD600 at $300 is a good value for me because I'd be willing to pay more.
I'm having this trouble right now.
I'd like something warmer/darker/thicker than my Q701, but maybe a little less fuller than my 558. 558 sounds a little bloated. I prefer the one that sounds more natural with instruments, especially drums and cymbals, and also excelling with vocals. Also need to have a fun factor of 10
Any advice for HD600 vs 650? I can get both for around the same price. Is one easier to drive than the other?
I listen to:
Rock, Alternative, Post-Hardcore
A little bit of classical, and some Drum n Bass
One last bit: My listening sessions are LONG, 5+ hours.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 4:46am
I'm reading that they are a basshead phone.
EDIT: also seems like that wouldn't be an upgrade, more like a downgrade.
Edited by Fuzziekiwi - 4/15/14 at 5:57am
- HD 600 vs HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IEMs, smartphones and a new experience 21 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio Technica AT-PHA100 Portable DAC/AMP 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 7 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)