Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iPod Touch Sound Quality is quite bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPod Touch Sound Quality is quite bad. - Page 8

post #106 of 184
ListAfterList.com - New 6th Generation iPods (with pics)
This new 6th generation may be cool.
I have all, almost, 8 gig video, Mini, that white stick "what is it called", all the types. The I-pod Touch sounds the best by far. I'm sure there are better portable sound systems but they don't go to Safari at the touch of a button. The Panasonic Shock Wave Tape Players in the mid 1990's had the best bass. Nothing lasts forever and things keep changing.
post #107 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I never forbid anyone to use what I like, or to make them stop liking what they want (seriously, where do you get this? ) And again, I don't remember making any association between brands-character I also didn't blame apple for anything, i just criticized their marketing . . . .
One of the difficulties with English, particularly for non-native speakers, is that the language can be extremely nuanced, and often intention is misconstrued when statements are taken literally. If you don't understand this, it's hardly worth the effort to explain it further.

I'm beginning to understand why you Spaniards are still fighting bulls. There seems to be so much of their leavings there.
post #108 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spad View Post
One of the difficulties with English, particularly for non-native speakers, is that the language can be extremely nuanced, and often intention is misconstrued when statements are taken literally. If you don't understand this, it's hardly worth the effort to explain it further.

I'm beginning to understand why you Spaniards are still fighting bulls. There seems to be so much of their leavings there.
Now that is what most people who haven't been to a bullfight (I have) think of what bullfighting is. There is a big misconception and bad interpretation of how "fighting" against a bull is made, and what is behind it. That is due to lack of knowledge. If you want more details about bullfighting PM me Even people in Spain don't understand it, and go for the "simple" act of killing a bull.

Oh and I do understand the first paragraph... I know it usually happens to me when I am typing and thinking in Spanish... I use some Spanish tone, which for some people sounds harsh. (It usually happens to me when I am tired, that the mother language kicks in) (Oh and listening to my favorite tunes, whilst following the rithm and letting the music flow through my head also distracts me from my line of thought...)

Then I say sorry for not being able to express my opinion with the right amount of irony I intended it to be. It finished being too ironic.

Edit: Well, after re-reading my posts i realized how i kept loosing my line of thought as it happened with this last post. It took around 10 minutes to write whilst i can do it in 2 minutes... Damn this distracting music... :P
post #109 of 184
I am using a 1g iTouch together wit a pair of Custom Ultimate Ears 10 Pro, and I feel that a super accurate in-ear monitor is definitely NOT what should be paired with the iTouch. It sounds horribly and is far from the pleasant listening experience I thought it would. Using the EQ is not even an option, because with the sound it then deliver I rather drive a nail into my ear. (Not a apple fan anymore) I would not recommend iTouch to music lover. It lacks low end performance and the treble sound “hard”. Details are missing and the “air” music should posses is removed

Just my 2 cents.

Question: Does anyone know if it possible to get a digital output from the iTouch??
post #110 of 184
Try your Touch by Apple with Bose On Ear Triport headphones! They are the only Bose product I like. They seem to add something?
post #111 of 184
Ipods sold outside of the USA have the volume limited with software. USA Ipods will not see a difference with new software.
post #112 of 184
I just bought a touch from the apple web site, hope it's not as bad as you guys said it.
post #113 of 184
You will love it. I'm sitting here in a shopping mall on Wi-Fi, totally works perfect. You will find different headphones sound alot of different ways. My favorite pair is Bose On Earn Triport. I do not have alot of experience with the new portble Hi-Fi but I love this Touch.
post #114 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by paara View Post
I am using a 1g iTouch together wit a pair of Custom Ultimate Ears 10 Pro, and I feel that a super accurate in-ear monitor is definitely NOT what should be paired with the iTouch. It sounds horribly and is far from the pleasant listening experience I thought it would. Using the EQ is not even an option, because with the sound it then deliver I rather drive a nail into my ear. (Not a apple fan anymore) I would not recommend iTouch to music lover. It lacks low end performance and the treble sound “hard”. Details are missing and the “air” music should posses is removed

Just my 2 cents.

Question: Does anyone know if it possible to get a digital output from the iTouch??
well if you are missing details in that: your ears will only work with an amp or professional equipment. unfortunately, the ipod touch represents slightly above average sound in portable players: about 90-95% of the market
post #115 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshMusic View Post
I just bought a touch from the apple web site, hope it's not as bad as you guys said it.
I just bought a 1G Touch from a forum member. I didn't have much interest in it when it was first released because of the high cost. I'm trying to learn as much as possible before it arrives. I've downloaded a couple dozen apps for it so far.

If you want to read plenty of feedback here, just do an advanced search for titles only using "iTouch" as keyword. Starting in October of 2007 there are a few good ones.

Some say good, some say bad (SQ). From what I gather, most say that SQ is as good or better than 5.5G...this is comparing 1G. I assume the 2G is better??
post #116 of 184
the ipod touch is how good compared to a ipod video 5g?
post #117 of 184

just checked ipod Video is 30 gig

my video is more than 5 anyway Touch sound is way better.Just checked my I-pod Video is 30 gig I-pod Touch is 8 gig.
post #118 of 184
They do have docking stations that get unconverted digital stream from I-pods
post #119 of 184
I'll see how my touch works now.
post #120 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
...most say that SQ is as good or better than 5.5G...this is comparing 1G. I assume the 2G is better??
So... as I've asked in some other threads and to update this thread... "I assume the 3G is better?" If it's already been answered in my other thread, I'm sorry. I'm not at home right now and I'm just catching up here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iPod Touch Sound Quality is quite bad.