or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Pioneer SE-DIR1000C Dolby Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Pioneer SE-DIR1000C Dolby Headphones - Page 13

post #181 of 238
Didn't see this in the thread, but I'd much rather pay $599 for this unit from Denon than $409 for the headphones. Much more useful in my opinion and more features. I'm sure you can get it for less than $599 after its out a few months.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/dm71dvse.pdf
post #182 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by srapps55
Didn't see this in the thread, but I'd much rather pay $599 for this unit from Denon than $409 for the headphones. Much more useful in my opinion and more features. I'm sure you can get it for less than $599 after its out a few months.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/dm71dvse.pdf
Yes..that's a nice looking unit...I am considering getting it for my bedroom. It would really depend on if the Dolby Headphone chip included in it does 5.1 and DTS processing and offers all three DH room settings..DH1 DH2 and DH3.

I have emailed Denon USA to find out the details.


John
post #183 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by JMedeiros
It would really depend on if the Dolby Headphone chip included in it does 5.1 and DTS processing and offers all three DH room settings..DH1 DH2 and DH3.

I have emailed Denon USA to find out the details.
John, please keep us posted. I agree, it looks pretty good and versatile, and probably more than reasonable performance in most areas.
post #184 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by sfxjames
Thank you John-Se

The XB-1 must have a better amplifier.

Anyhow, does the optical tos-link cord supplied really sound that bad compared to the Van Den Hul that you have.

Would you recommend me really have a Van Den Hul tos-link.

I can get a hold of tos-link cables by monster cable but I'd have to order them from internet, perhaps?

Is it worth the trouble?
I think for starters you can use the supplied toslink cables you won't here the difference. As for me I have an extra cable that's why I used the better one. But using the supplied toslink compared to VANDENhaul is almost of the same performance.
So you won't have the trouble of buying a new one.
post #185 of 238
Well if I don't hear from the HP1500 I'm just going to skip waiting and order it. How long did you have to wait for yours to be delivered John-Se?

It would be really cool to see dream catcher with it? Anyone see dreamcatcher with DH or how'bout The Ring?
post #186 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by sfxjames


It would be really cool to see dream catcher with it? Anyone see dreamcatcher with DH or how'bout The Ring?
I have watched Dreamcatcher a couple times with the Pioneers and it is super. Nice surround track. Another real goodie on them is Signs. The upstairs and outside alien sounds are rendered beautifully...pinpoint directionality.

John

John
post #187 of 238

I can't believe we are talking about cables again.

I hope I don't sound mean or upset, I'm just getting tired of these disscusions. People actually think there is room for debate here when in reality there is none. It's a "Digital OPTICAL connection" it's either there.....or it isn't, It either works or it doesn't. NO human being on the face of this planet can tell the difference between a $19 Optical cable and a $100 or "Place amount here" optical cable in a double blind test....CAN NOT BE DONE. Sorry didn't mean to yell, I've just had it up to my eyeballs lately with, "people who can talk to the dead", people who belive in ESP, UFO's, Alternative Medicine, Physic's, Bigfoot, Loch-Ness, it just seems like it's getting carried away. Where is the critical thinking?
post #188 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by sfxjames
Well if I don't hear from the HP1500 I'm just going to skip waiting and order it. How long did you have to wait for yours to be delivered John-Se?

It would be really cool to see dream catcher with it? Anyone see dreamcatcher with DH or how'bout The Ring?
It took me 1 week to receive the unit. I used ups just to be sure it's safe. And I can track it down whereas EMS I can't.
post #189 of 238

Re: I can't believe we are talking about cables again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Astropin
I hope I don't sound mean or upset, I'm just getting tired of these disscusions. People actually think there is room for debate here when in reality there is none. It's a "Digital OPTICAL connection" it's either there.....or it isn't, It either works or it doesn't. NO human being on the face of this planet can tell the difference between a $19 Optical cable and a $100 or "Place amount here" optical cable in a double blind test....CAN NOT BE DONE. Sorry didn't mean to yell, I've just had it up to my eyeballs lately with, "people who can talk to the dead", people who belive in ESP, UFO's, Alternative Medicine, Physic's, Bigfoot, Loch-Ness, it just seems like it's getting carried away. Where is the critical thinking?
Tha'ts what I said it's the same as the supplied cable.
post #190 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by JMedeiros
Yes..that's a nice looking unit...I am considering getting it for my bedroom. It would really depend on if the Dolby Headphone chip included in it does 5.1 and DTS processing and offers all three DH room settings..DH1 DH2 and DH3.

I have emailed Denon USA to find out the details.


John
The manual is on Denon's web site and it does handle everything you mentioned -- 5.1 and DTS and all three DH room settings.
post #191 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by john-se
I haven't tried the ATT switch at the back cause whenever I use the XB-1 on DVD movies I usually cant max the volume it's already loud for me. And the bass was impresive compared to the DIR1000C.
Note that the attenuation switch only affects analog input.
post #192 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Music Fanatic
The manual is on Denon's web site and it does handle everything you mentioned -- 5.1 and DTS and all three DH room settings.
Thanks! I could not find the manual..I appreciate it...especially since Denon customer service never bothered to answer my email.

John
post #193 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Note that the attenuation switch only affects analog input.
Yes, I noticed that...but that's where I need it...for my lower numbered cable channels...for the movie channels, many of the broadcasts are in digital sound.
For the analog channels it provides just the bump I need.

John
post #194 of 238
Quote:
Originally posted by JMedeiros
Thanks! I could not find the manual..I appreciate it...especially since Denon customer service never bothered to answer my email.
Here is a link to the manual in case anyone else has difficulty.

I must say that I really think that despite Denon Jeff's appearance on AVS Forum, Denon really doesn't have a very good way of responding to technical questions in the US.

I'm very disappointed over something else with Denon -- they claim that their new high-end universal player, the 5900, is compatible with an emerging standard for digital exchange, i.Link. (More particularly, they claim that the 5900 supports both their proprietary format and the universal standard.) In fact, it turns out that these claims are false, and they have stumbled around a bit, first claiming everyone else incorrectly implements the standard.

I really appreciate the role that Internet audio forums (including this one) play to disseminate technical and review information about audio equipment.
post #195 of 238
I picked up a xb1 from another headfi member. After hearing Johns setup at the Ny meet I knew I had to have one.
I had a full blown Ht setup and sold it due to my wife always yelling at me to turn it down. So the Xb1 headphone setup really fits the bill.
I have watched 4 movies over the weekend using the Xb1s
and I really like them, these babies are going to see a lot of use.
I am thinking of picking up a couple of additional headsets for the kids., unfortunately they don't sell the Xbox ones to match the one I have,only the silver ones.
I tried the sr60s with the unit and they sounded pretty good,not as good as the supplied headphones though,
I have to try the R10s I think they should work well , I am very happy with the headphones that come with the unit they fit the bill perfectly.
Thanks again John for exposing these headphones to us at Head.fi & my sons love them also
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Pioneer SE-DIR1000C Dolby Headphones