Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 1065

post #15961 of 15972

In my opinion, Raising Arizona is a more of a solid 7.  Classic, quality movie.  Even quotable.  

 

Almost in the same league as Blues Brothers.  Which I'll give an 8.

post #15962 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post
 

In my opinion, Raising Arizona is a more of a solid 7.  Classic, quality movie.  Even quotable.  

 

Almost in the same league as Blues Brothers.  Which I'll give an 8.

 

Well, I do like the Coen, so I expected a little more than just people yelling around the entire picture.

post #15963 of 15972

The amazing spiderman 2  -  7/10  (Not so amazing, miss the old spidey)

post #15964 of 15972

A Most Wanted Man (2014): 8/10

 

Another Dark European Thriller from director and photographer Anton Corbijn, who expands upon the style and mood of his criminally underrated 2010 film The American. As if the gravity of its post-9/11 story were not heavy enough, it's also one of the last films we're going to see Philip Seymour Hoffman in on the big screen. It's not a showy role, or a unique one (melancholic alcoholic intelligence officer), but Hoffman's performance is typically strong, and the rest of the cast are no slouches, either. 

post #15965 of 15972

The great Budapest hotel. No rating as I won´t finish it. 

 

Just to nonsensical. Good actors can´t save it. But then I haven´t really liked any of Wes earlier movies that much.

 

What I don´t understand is why he is constantly messing with the AR? Troll?

post #15966 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

The great Budapest hotel.

Just to nonsensical....

that's pretty much what he's going for ;-)

 

the all star cast just ads to the farcity of it all.

post #15967 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

The great Budapest hotel. No rating as I won´t finish it. 

 

Just to nonsensical. Good actors can´t save it. But then I haven´t really liked any of Wes earlier movies that much.

 

What I don´t understand is why he is constantly messing with the AR? Troll?

 

Yeah, I struggle with his films, as well. His style just takes me out of the game. I know other people love it, though, so I just chalk it up as a personal taste thing. 

 

Today I saw "Love Child", the HBO documentary. Usually I find the HBO offerings to be above average-to-excellent. This one just fell flat. It's a very sad story, but as a film it just doesn't work at all. This should be left to a short segment on 60 minutes or something like that. I was bored to tears and it doesn't really offer anything new or original in terms of perspective. I give it about a 5.5/10

post #15968 of 15972

Non-stop

 

Another Liam Neeson kick ass movie. Quite good though the whodunnit resolution was as non believable as you would expect but don´t hurt the movie much.

 

7/10. 

post #15969 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

Yeah, I struggle with his films, as well. His style just takes me out of the game. I know other people love it, though, so I just chalk it up as a personal taste thing. 

 

Today I saw "Love Child", the HBO documentary. Usually I find the HBO offerings to be above average-to-excellent. This one just fell flat. It's a very sad story, but as a film it just doesn't work at all. This should be left to a short segment on 60 minutes or something like that. I was bored to tears and it doesn't really offer anything new or original in terms of perspective. I give it about a 5.5/10


If you (or anyone else out there) are HBO movie fans. I cannot recommend the poorly named "Doomsday Gun" enough. Had it ever been released in theatres I'm certain it would have been nominated for awards for it's screenwriting.

The dialogue is excellent. The plot as accurate as can be for squeezing a 10 year time period into the time allotted.

Frank Langella, Kevin Spacey and Alan Arkin in a smart Thriller based on actual events. Will give you a little bit of a presage to what is now going on in the mess known as Iraq.

For any fans of hardcore espionage genre (LeCarre, Deighton's Harry Palmer films) this will be a great little ride. For anyone interested in current events from the last 20 years this may give cause to raise eyebrows.

Done well and without the pretentious hollywood knows best nonesense that colours some films that take on the subject.

Dear god it even manages to get a decent performance out of Tony Goldwyn, and THAT ain't easy;)

post #15970 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


If you (or anyone else out there) are HBO movie fans. I cannot recommend the poorly named "Doomsday Gun" enough. Had it ever been released in theatres I'm certain it would have been nominated for awards for it's screenwriting.

The dialogue is excellent. The plot as accurate as can be for squeezing a 10 year time period into the time allotted.

Frank Langella, Kevin Spacey and Alan Arkin in a smart Thriller based on actual events. Will give you a little bit of a presage to what is now going on in the mess known as Iraq.

For any fans of hardcore espionage genre (LeCarre, Deighton's Harry Palmer films) this will be a great little ride. For anyone interested in current events from the last 20 years this may give cause to raise eyebrows.

Done well and without the pretentious hollywood knows best nonesense that colours some films that take on the subject.

Dear god it even manages to get a decent performance out of Tony Goldwyn, and THAT ain't easy;)

 

Wow, I thought I was relatively familiar with much of the HBO documentary offerings but that's one I haven't heard of. Thanks!

post #15971 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

Wow, I thought I was relatively familiar with much of the HBO documentary offerings but that's one I haven't heard of. Thanks!


This ones not a Docu. It's a dramatization and a very well done one.

post #15972 of 15972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


This ones not a Docu. It's a dramatization and a very well done one.

 

oh okay, I misread that...cool, I love the cast...will def check it out

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched