or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 998

post #14956 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
 

The Prisoners 9/10- Great movie, but a bad ending. A good suspense movie overall. They did a great job, as you fully never know who the kidnapper was. The whole movie came together really well, but I felt they made a poor decision on the ending. It just did not make sense and was almost a try hard ending, when something simple would have made much more sense.

 

Rush 9.5/10- Just a damn good movie. I can not think of one fault especially when I find a lot of these biographical type movies to be kind of lame. Formula 1 racers were absolutely crazy back in the day. 

 

Pretty impressed with these 2 dramas, after seeing a bunch of basic ones lately. These 2 came out being surprises.

 

 

I was lukewarm on Prisoners but definitely agree that Rush was really well done. Even though I'm not a racing fan, I've found myself reading about the two main characters since seeing the movie. 

post #14957 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

 

I was lukewarm on Prisoners but definitely agree that Rush was really well done. Even though I'm not a racing fan, I've found myself reading about the two main characters since seeing the movie. 

Prisoners wasnt a masterpiece or anything, but it was one of the better ones to actually keep suspense lately. Granted I guessed who it was early on, but I did diverge with my decision a few times. Maybe that is why I liked it better. A bunch of suspense movies I have seen lately have been anything but suspense. I also feel the additions of some morality questions were good additions. 

 

It may have been a bit hard to do, but if they would have made a few different decisions and pulled something entirely out of the ordinary then they could have had a masterpiece. Perhaps it was a touch safe. They could have turned this into an incredibly dark movie that really tugged on your emotions.


Edited by gamefreak054 - 2/2/14 at 6:20pm
post #14958 of 19947

"Captain Phillips [8.4/10]: I love Tom Hanks, and I like movies that recreate real events, so this movie was right down my alley. It was what I expected. I don't really think it is academy award worthy, but it was an exciting movie to watch at home on a Saturday night! 

post #14959 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
 

Prisoners wasnt a masterpiece or anything, but it was one of the better ones to actually keep suspense lately. Granted I guessed who it was early on, but I did diverge with my decision a few times. Maybe that is why I liked it better. A bunch of suspense movies I have seen lately have been anything but suspense. I also feel the additions of some morality questions were good additions. 

 

It may have been a bit hard to do, but if they would have made a few different decisions and pulled something entirely out of the ordinary then they could have had a masterpiece. Perhaps it was a touch safe. They could have turned this into an incredibly dark movie that really tugged on your emotions.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You saying that you guessed it was the guy in the motorhome that everyone thought of, even the other children in the movie? Pure genius!:tongue:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thought it was great that the movie showed you who it was then tricked you into thinking it was someone else then back again.:D

Movie spoiler above.........I had to.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 2/2/14 at 8:19pm
post #14960 of 19947

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90 4 out of 10

 

 

6 out of 10

 

    History! 9 out of 10!

 

 

 

 

post #14961 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You saying that you guessed it was the guy in the motorhome that everyone thought of, even the other children in the movie? Pure genius!:tongue:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thought it was great that the movie showed you who it was then tricked you into thinking it was someone else then back again.:D

Movie spoiler above.........I had to.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Actually I was more talking about the "Aunt" being behind it all. While the motor home guy physically somewhat kidnapped the children. By somewhat I mean later in the movie it was revealed that he just wanted to play with the children and the "Aunt" decided they should stay. The "Aunt" was the true culprit. The "Aunt" was not revealed to be the real suspect until the end. On top of that they diverged the suspect when they showed the other grown up kidnap child fleeing and going through the families houses. 
post #14962 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Actually I was more talking about the "Aunt" being behind it all. While the motor home guy physically somewhat kidnapped the children. By somewhat I mean later in the movie it was revealed that he just wanted to play with the children and the "Aunt" decided they should stay. The "Aunt" was the true culprit. The "Aunt" was not revealed to be the real suspect until the end. On top of that they diverged the suspect when they showed the other grown up kidnap child fleeing and going through the families houses. 
Yes, I did miss that good job.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 2/2/14 at 9:22pm
post #14963 of 19947

I also guessed who it  was early on. Like movies that make me appear smart ;)

Wish I also could have guessed where they hid them it´s facepalm in hindsight I didn´t thought of that.

 

Watched Greenzone last 8/10. How Lone survivor can have higher ratings then this is beyond me totally... 

post #14964 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post
 

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013): 2/10

 

Ahh I love it when Im right. Saw they add for this forever and something deep down told me it was garbage... and it is... YAY! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015071 View Post
 

Fantasia: 9.772233313731439417489314781232321425/10

 

 

Terrific colors, music, artwork, animation. What a sensational joyride.

Except the unnecessary narrator. It doesn't need to be narrated.

 

 

 

 

Next film to watch: Twilight. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015071 View Post
 

Twilight: New Moon

 

2.097/10

 

I killed my roommates. That's how bad it is. 

 

P.S.: I'm going to finish this **** franchise. So, in the end, I may end up in mental hospital. 

MrNumbers your a riot man, thanks for your impressions :D

post #14965 of 19947
Hello people,
Recently 2015071 went into coma while watching Twilight: Eclipse. So, movie review will not be resume until futher notice.
post #14966 of 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015071 View Post

Hello people,
Recently 2015071 went into coma while watching Twilight: Eclipse. So, movie review will not be resume until futher notice.

darn 

post #14967 of 19947

Capote (2005): 9/10

 

Seemed an appropriate film to watch, given recent events. I'll be re-watching Synecdoche, New York for the first time in years later this week, as well. 

post #14968 of 19947
Dial M for Murder (1964)

They don't make them like this anymore frown.gif
This movie was literally shot in one room and you don't even realize it until it's over.

8.7/10
post #14969 of 19947

 

 

Before Dracula, Tod Browning made the movie Freaks 1935. This Barnum and Baily photo shows some of his actors 10 years earlier.

 

 

 

 

10/10

post #14970 of 19947

Aliens (1986) - 7,5

 

It doesn't fascinate me as it did long time ago, a child is easily impressed but won't be so for ever.

Now, seeing it again after so many years in limbo, I'm disillusioned and disappointed by it's obvious cinematc limitations.

Despite all the technical prowess used to erect this movie (special effects), I perceived mostly an amateurish work needy of a lot of polishing all around, especially needy of more intelligent directing and better acting.

James Cameron doesn't know what subtlety is nor does he practise particularly insightful filmmaking, not a guy deserving of my admiration, that's for sure.

He just turned into almost nonsense gun muscle action what should had been a true scify horror masterpiece.

Well Duh!!, yeah I know! Big and twisted expectations tend to result in disappointment... I guess the first Alien movie was better left alone and in peace, at least until a more talented someone else decided to try his/her luck with an unnecessary sequel.... then again James Cameron might have been just the right guy for it...

I have to give him credit for his ability to make a movie that can happen, in other words, it's not boring to watch and manages to immerse and entertain me despite all it's gut-wrenching cinematic limitations. It´s aftermath leaves me with the feeling of having watched something... though much slimmer than the epic extents of Avatar, of which I felt a kind of déjà vu at times...

What really grabbed me through the whole experience was Sigourney Weaver believable performance, good work from this actress here.

An interesting and eye opening aspect of this movie is the depiction of how a woman, practically alone, is able to face the most fearsome and mortal dangers the human race could ever encounter and still display, or rather, being propelled by her maternal and sentient side towards someone else, something worthy of reflection. It's not everyday we see a heroin display the most lovely attributes of women with such power and determination in this sort of movie.

This is probably one of the greatest endorsements of the female being in the history of cinema and deserves it's notoriety just for that.

A pity that the rest of the movie didn't keep up with warrant officer Ellen Ripley.

 

Now I'll have to see the first Alien to come out happy (I hope so) or disillusioned (to be done with it once and for all) from this saga...

Let it be known already that I dislike the 3th and 4th prequels, so I won't be wasting my time with those.


Edited by kkl10 - 2/3/14 at 5:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched