or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 967

post #14491 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

The Patriot - 9.5/10. Damn Good!

 

When did that come out :O

post #14492 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

Nice to see they are still making movies for lonely 40 year old Japanese men. It's a good cause.

 

 

8/10


This must be the version for lonely 40 year old western men.  :D

post #14493 of 20154

I watched Thor 2 in theaters. To my surprise it was really good (I'm not a Thor fan at all, and I didn't particularly liked the first Thor movie). I'd rate it 8.5/10

post #14494 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

^^ Hilarious

 

 

Strictly by coincidence watched this again Friday night.

 

Actually liked it more the 2nd time.  In fact I felt it worked better for me than "Shaun Of the Dead."  

Harrelson's' acting was over the top and Eisenbergs' character was understated a nice combo. 

The quotes that I found annoying the first time around now made more sense.  Comedy>Scary                

8.5/10

 

I watched that a week ago too (Zombieland)! Saw it in the theater and really liked it so I bought it on DVD for $5.

When you watch it about 4 times you figure out the whole movie is rather pointless and there is not much of a storyline to it. Still fun to watch. 

Really like Harrelson in this one..he needs to be in more movies.

 

8/10 is what i'd give it. I'd call it a popcorn flick. I HATE horror movies but this is OK. It's only really gory in the first few minutes.

 

I'm also a fan of the remake of "Dawn of the Dead". Loved that one..Some Horror movies need to take themselves less serious and have more comedy in them. I read the summary of most horror movies and some are really disturbing and I can't understand the appeal.

 

"Shaun of the Dead" was OK, but I prefer "Hot Fuzz". Think it's made by the same people, but I'm probably wrong.

 

BTW it's not a true horror film but one movie that haunted me since I was a kid was a movie from New Zealand called "Fortress". Anyone seen it? That's one however that sounds worse than it really is.


Edited by tdockweiler - 12/9/13 at 10:46am
post #14495 of 20154

Die Hard 1 - 9/10

 

After dozens of viewings I now think this is better than part 1. It's also less graphic and probably has less swearing.

There was one thing I saw last night in it that i've never seen in all my viewings. It was a inept SWAT team member running through some rose bushes and saying "OUCH!!"

Love how they add in some comedy to it, but not too much to ruin it. Sometimes this is hard to do.

 

I really haven't seen many action movies be able to top this. It's one remake they could do and have it actually turn out better possibly. I'd love to see it on an IMAX screen!

 

I would say the best Die Hard movies are the first 2. 3rd one is GOOD, but not great. I rarely watch it. I turned off the 5th one because it was so terrible.

 

Another action film i'd rate pretty high is "Cliffhanger".

post #14496 of 20154

Dark Shadows 6.5/10.  Typical Tim Burton style. Lines were quite witty here and there.  Eva Green is to die for, as always :evil: 

post #14497 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

When did that come out :O

 

Quite a long time away mate, I am very late to see it and I'm not disappointed :p

post #14498 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

 

I watched that a week ago too (Zombieland)! Saw it in the theater and really liked it so I bought it on DVD for $5.

When you watch it about 4 times you figure out the whole movie is rather pointless and there is not much of a storyline to it. Still fun to watch. 

Really like Harrelson in this one..he needs to be in more movies.

 

8/10 is what i'd give it. I'd call it a popcorn flick. I HATE horror movies but this is OK. It's only really gory in the first few minutes.

 

I'm also a fan of the remake of "Dawn of the Dead". Loved that one..Some Horror movies need to take themselves less serious and have more comedy in them. I read the summary of most horror movies and some are really disturbing and I can't understand the appeal.

 

"Shaun of the Dead" was OK, but I prefer "Hot Fuzz". Think it's made by the same people, but I'm probably wrong.

 

BTW it's not a true horror film but one movie that haunted me since I was a kid was a movie from New Zealand called "Fortress". Anyone seen it? That's one however that sounds worse than it really is.

The remake of "Dawn of the Dead" is the single best Zombie film I've ever seen. Romero's original "Dawn of the Dead" wasn't bad and definitely better than "Night of the Living Dead."

 

 I have never seen or heard of "Fortress."  Thanks for the info I'll check it out.

post #14499 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

When did that come out :O

After Braveheart which is even better. Then he released Apocalypto which also is even better.

Huge entertainment value in this trio :)

post #14500 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

After Braveheart which is even better. Then he released Apocalypto which also is even better.

Huge entertainment value in this trio :)

ooh, so if you odn't mind me asking what i the chonrology of this trio :O I might pick it up at work tonight if I can find it! 

post #14501 of 20154

Mel Gibson is a very underrated director. They need to give the man another chance and have him direct more movies.

In the wrong hands, Braveheart could have been a disaster and your typical Hollywood garbage.

 

Watching Apocalypto is like inflicting pain on yourself. Not that it's bad..it's a real downer for me.

 

BTW Braveheart seems twice as gory when you see it on Blu-Ray!

 

NOTE: He did not direct The Patriot, but did direct the other two.

post #14502 of 20154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

ooh, so if you odn't mind me asking what i the chonrology of this trio :O I might pick it up at work tonight if I can find it! 

They are totally independent it really doesn´t matter.

 

Apocalypto being the newest is the visually most impressive though. I think I seen both Braveheart and Apocalypto 6x each. Patriots only two.

post #14503 of 20154

I didn't like Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ at all. Why did he turn to the figure of the Christ in the first place? I've read that Gibson was very conservative and many criticisms on him in that direction so that his reputation went downhill and after that he got lost from attention.


Edited by mutabor - 12/10/13 at 12:58pm
post #14504 of 20154

I need to look at Passion of the Christ again some day. I don´t remember all that much from it.

post #14505 of 20154

To me it seemed to be a torture movie disguised as a religious film. All the local churches here ate it up. Sorry if that bothers people, but it's true.

A lot of them were giving away free tickets.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched