or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 941

post #14101 of 20141

The Colony (released 20 September 2013) : 4.5 (5.2 on IMDB)

 

Poor storyline, weak visual effects, predictable dialogue, and not entertaining at all.

One of those, "why did I just watch this?" type of movies.

post #14102 of 20141

 

I've heard all the talk....."it doesn't hold true to the book", etc., etc. That is the case with most movie adaptations, as far as I have seen....lol.

Well, I never read the book, but I sure was entertained by this movie. 7/10. 

post #14103 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

I've heard all the talk....."it doesn't hold true to the book", etc., etc. That is the case with most movie adaptations, as far as I have seen....lol.

Well, I never read the book, but I sure was entertained by this movie. 7/10. 

 

Yeah, I read the book last month and the book is more...like a documentary. Not an on going one story. Seems the story from the movie was based on bits and pieces pulled from the book. It was still entertaining though.

post #14104 of 20141

 

Star Trek Into Darkness DVD

 

Entertaining, though, not as well-paced and 'natural' as Star Trek 2009.  The dialog/camaraderie seems a bit forced.  Action and effects are great and spot-on.  Locations seem a bit limited when compared to Star Trek 2009; the movie feels like it only takes place in three main locations.  The intro was a bit vague and forced, it definitely does not compare to Star Trek 2009's epic intro.  Still, this is a decent to good Star Trek title, and I am glad that I purchased it.  My rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

 

*I will watch this movie again and perhaps do a follow-up review.

post #14105 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadAmp View Post
 

 

Star Trek Into Darkness DVD

 

Entertaining, though, not as well-paced and 'natural' as Star Trek 2009.  The dialog/camaraderie seems a bit forced.  Action and effects are great and spot-on.  Locations seem a bit limited when compared to Star Trek 2009; the movie feels like it only takes place in three main locations.  The intro was a bit vague and forced, it definitely does not compare to Star Trek 2009's epic intro.  Still, this is a decent to good Star Trek title, and I am glad that I purchased it.  My rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

 

*I will watch this movie again and perhaps do a follow-up review.

 

DVD? Which century?

post #14106 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

 

DVD? Which century?

 



Ha.
post #14107 of 20141

Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on the Howard Stern Show last week and gave a really good interview - it's pretty easy to pull for a guy like him in the business. It cost him about $3 million to make Don Juan and I think it grossed about 8 or 9 in its first weekend. It does sound like a fairly compelling premise and well worth seeing.

post #14108 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on the Howard Stern Show last week and gave a really good interview - it's pretty easy to pull for a guy like him in the business. It cost him about $3 million to make Don Juan and I think it grossed about 8 or 9 in its first weekend. It does sound like a fairly compelling premise and well worth seeing.

I think it'll be worth watching too. That number likely doesn't take other costs into account. They probably spent another 10M just for the first week of marketing.

Scarlett Jo probably did this for next to nothing by Hollywood standards if it really cost. 3 m to make.
post #14109 of 20141

Bekas (2012): 

 

9/10

 

One of the most powerful stories i have ever seen. This movie really has a meaning behind it. Highly recommended.

 

post #14110 of 20141

 

I saw this 3 times in 2 different theaters, and I still just enjoyed the heck out of it watching it on my 17-inch laptop with the sound running through my stereo.

post #14111 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

I saw this 3 times in 2 different theaters, and I still just enjoyed the heck out of it watching it on my 17-inch laptop with the sound running through my stereo.

 

I saw it 3 times in 3 different theaters. The one I liked most was with the Dolby Atmos, the sound effects were amazing.

post #14112 of 20141

Quote:

Originally Posted by proton007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

I saw this 3 times in 2 different theaters, and I still just enjoyed the heck out of it watching it on my 17-inch laptop with the sound running through my stereo.

 

I saw it 3 times in 3 different theaters. The one I liked most was with the Dolby Atmos, the sound effects were amazing.

 

I've seen it zero times :)

 

Talking about sci-fi movies, eagerly waiting for gravity to open over here!

post #14113 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

I saw this 3 times in 2 different theaters, and I still just enjoyed the heck out of it watching it on my 17-inch laptop with the sound running through my stereo.

 

Saw that in 3D at the IMAX, I'll be buying the 3D version for my own system.  Really liked that film.

post #14114 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinh View Post
 

Quote:

 

I've seen it zero times :)

 

Talking about sci-fi movies, eagerly waiting for gravity to open over here!

 

I saw the trailer, it was weird.

 

The opening lines are 'in space, there's no air to carry sound' .


Then we see the astronauts doing some work, and then 'bang!' an explosion, something breaks loose. There's sound of things breaking and stuff for the rest of the trailer, Sandra Bullock going 'AAAAAH' and breathing heavily for most of the time.

 

Unless this movie gets some really glowing reviews, I've got no plan of watching it.

post #14115 of 20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post
 

 

I saw the trailer, it was weird.

 

The opening lines are 'in space, there's no air to carry sound' .


Then we see the astronauts doing some work, and then 'bang!' an explosion, something breaks loose. There's sound of things breaking and stuff for the rest of the trailer, Sandra Bullock going 'AAAAAH' and breathing heavily for most of the time.

 

Unless this movie gets some really glowing reviews, I've got no plan of watching it.

 

It's getting serious reviews, how about 97% on Rottentomatoes 59 critic reviews and serious oscar consideration.  Watched the critic on CBS Sunday morning state that 3D version was mind blowing.  I think I will see this at the IMAX in 3D.  I was skeptical as well but heavy hitting critics are going nuts about this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched