Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 935

post #14011 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
 

 

I will check The Wire then.  Thanks for the recommendation.

 

The wire is the best of the best. Better than Boardwalk, sopranos, Breaking Bad, Thrones,Deadwood....... the lot. Definitely the best I have ever seen. 

post #14012 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
 

A little OT, guys, do you like to watch movies with headphones?  what is your favorites headphone for movies? ignore any prices!

 

 

I love it...and quite honestly I'm really surprised that it's not a more prevalent topic on head-fi. At home, my T1s are my movie phones. Especially since upgrading to some Meier gear, the sound is just phenomenal. For mobile movie watching, I'll use either my iPhone or my Kindle Fire. My go-to phones for this would be either my Beyer 1350s or Grado PS500s since both sound great even directly from the headphone jack.

 

I have some HT gear that I enjoy very much, but if it's late at night or if I just want to stay in bed and watch something, the headphone option is a blast! 

post #14013 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

The wire is the best of the best. Better than Boardwalk, sopranos, Breaking Bad, Thrones,Deadwood....... the lot. Definitely the best I have ever seen. 

 

Wow, that's a big statment! Vince Gilligan has set the bar WAY, WAY up there with Breaking Bad. IMO, it's damn near perfect television. I will literally mourn this show when it's all wrapped up in another few weeks. 

 

Is the Wire on Hulu? Any idea? 

post #14014 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Wow, that's a big statment! Vince Gilligan has set the bar WAY, WAY up there with Breaking Bad. IMO, it's damn near perfect television. I will literally mourn this show when it's all wrapped up in another few weeks. 

Is the Wire on Hulu? Any idea? 

His opinion can't be trusted, he only has access to two channels tongue.gif
post #14015 of 16184

Erin Brockovich - 10/10 (seriously)

 

Liked every minute of it and there is nothing that I would have changed.

Every scene with Julia Roberts and Albert Finney together is perfect.

 

Albert Finney is a really good actor, especially in "Before the Devil Knows your dead"

 

BTW another good legal drama is "A Civil Action". It has a similar case in the movie.

 

Another one is "Flash of Genius".

post #14016 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

Wow, that's a big statment! Vince Gilligan has set the bar WAY, WAY up there with Breaking Bad. IMO, it's damn near perfect television. I will literally mourn this show when it's all wrapped up in another few weeks. 

 

Is the Wire on Hulu? Any idea? 

 

The 2 best epidodes i have ever seen are of breaking bad but overall I think the wire is better. I prefer more characters and a wider scope. Breaking bad at times seems a bit one dimensional, for instance Walters son - we know next to nothing about him. I mean has he got any friends from school or anything. Don't get me wrong i love the show and i suppose a smaller cast makes for a more intense, claustrophobic feel which is probably what they were going for. there have been a few stand alone episodes that are unmatched in tv but like i said before overall i would have to give it to the wire.

post #14017 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post


I love it...and quite honestly I'm really surprised that it's not a more prevalent topic on head-fi. At home, my T1s are my movie phones. Especially since upgrading to some Meier gear, the sound is just phenomenal. For mobile movie watching, I'll use either my iPhone or my Kindle Fire. My go-to phones for this would be either my Beyer 1350s or Grado PS500s since both sound great even directly from the headphone jack.

I have some HT gear that I enjoy very much, but if it's late at night or if I just want to stay in bed and watch something, the headphone option is a blast! 

T1 sounds good for movies, I think.
It has this 3d quality that I think is gonna be awesome.
I am thinking of lower end stax to start with. Have you tried stax lambda for movies?
post #14018 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post


T1 sounds good for movies, I think.
It has this 3d quality that I think is gonna be awesome.
I am thinking of lower end stax to start with. Have you tried stax lambda for movies?

 

Nope, haven't ventured into Stax territory yet. 

post #14019 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
 

A little OT, guys, do you like to watch movies with headphones?  what is your favorites headphone for movies? ignore any prices!

 

T1 does it for me hands down.

                                                  :beyersmile:

post #14020 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
 

A little OT, guys, do you like to watch movies with headphones?  what is your favorites headphone for movies? ignore any prices!

 

Out of the headphones I have, my HFI-780 with velour pads are my favorite for movies. 

post #14021 of 16184

 

With the remake a year or two ago being such a bad remake, this makes up for it. 10/10 Best horror/revenge movie I have seen in years. A modern day masterpiece.

 

 

Worthy to have the same title as the original legend.

post #14022 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

T1 does it for me hands down.
                                                  beyersmile.png

Really? For T1 movie lover, have you compared with hd800?
I heard, but I dont have T1 at home, so never try for movies.
Any comment on the comparison for those who happened to have both?
Edited by RedBull - 9/12/13 at 7:38am
post #14023 of 16184

Getaway (2013): 

 

8/10

 

Awesome, awesome, awesome. There's a badass Shelby, a heck load of explosions, and gunfights. Need i say more?

 

post #14024 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post


Really? For T1 movie lover, have you compared with hd800?
I heard, but I dont have T1 at home, so never try for movies.
Any comment on the comparison for those who happened to have both?

 

I see several headphones in your sig I preferr over the HD 800 for movies. T1 as well :)

post #14025 of 16184
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

The 2 best epidodes i have ever seen are of breaking bad but overall I think the wire is better. I prefer more characters and a wider scope. Breaking bad at times seems a bit one dimensional, for instance Walters son - we know next to nothing about him. I mean has he got any friends from school or anything. Don't get me wrong i love the show and i suppose a smaller cast makes for a more intense, claustrophobic feel which is probably what they were going for. there have been a few stand alone episodes that are unmatched in tv but like i said before overall i would have to give it to the wire.

+1

 

Breaking bad rocks, but The Wire is a true masterpiece.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched