Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 866

post #12976 of 16201

IT'S A FREAKIN' GI JOE MOVIE.

 

That's really all I can say... :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leliana View Post

G I Joe - rise of Cobra

 

It was on TV and we thought what the hey lets just watch it, after all there is one out now with Bruce Willis. Absolutely horrid. Wooden dialogue, pointless plot, utterly cliched characters, overdone action scenes with no impact, too much going on at any given time, brainless character development and changes.

 

Don't get me wrong I like action, but not this kind of cartoon fantasy land, breaking the laws of physics kind of thing. This coming from an anime fan too.

post #12977 of 16201

 

Avoid at all costs.twsited with very rough sexual scenes.i thought it would have been a nice horror but i was terribly mistaken.

post #12978 of 16201

Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10

 

Fun to watch but acting was surprisingly poor acting all the way around. Morgan Freeman was definitely phoning it in on this one, which I don't think I've ever been able to say before.

 

Definitely a good popcorn movie.

 

Plot:

JOE EVERYMAN does something bad. Broken down and beaten Joe finds an opportunity to redeem himself in the form of fighting a small Korean military force to save the president and the president's son.

 

tl;dr - SOMETHING SOMETHING NORTH KOREA SOMETHING SOMETHING 'MERICA.

post #12979 of 16201

Tora Tora Tora - 8/10

 

Probably rated this one before. This time around it seemed over way too fast. It has sort of a documentary feel to it and it's probably too slow for many, but not for me.

It's really an interesting movie and accurate. If there are any inaccuracies I'd love to know about them.

 

You can also watch the Japanese film about Admiral Yamamoto. It's called "The Admiral" or Isoroku something. Watch both in the same week for a good history lesson. Of course read up on it too.

post #12980 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10

 

Fun to watch but acting was surprisingly poor acting all the way around. Morgan Freeman was definitely phoning it in on this one, which I don't think I've ever been able to say before.

 

Definitely a good popcorn movie.

 

Plot:

JOE EVERYMAN does something bad. Broken down and beaten Joe finds an opportunity to redeem himself in the form of fighting a small Korean military force to save the president and the president's son.

 

tl;dr - SOMETHING SOMETHING NORTH KOREA SOMETHING SOMETHING 'MERICA.

 

 

From the previews, another movie with an evidently similar premise, White House Down, looks more interesting to me.

post #12981 of 16201

A film major friend pointed that out to me and the plots are damn near exactly the same. I might go see it as it honestly looks like a better film than Olympus Has Fallen.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

 

From the previews, another movie with an evidently similar premise, White House Down, looks more interesting to me.

post #12982 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

 

In Bollywood they still didn't catch up. I guess you have watched this?

 

 

Actually, I haven't seen those. They look epic! biggrin.gif

post #12983 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Actually, I haven't seen those. They look epic! biggrin.gif

 

If you want epic realistic bloody Indian movie watch Rakta Charitra ( 2010). It consists of two long parts with two different protagonists. Here they are below as good quality YouTube videos. There are English subtitles, click cc so that subtitles appear.

 

 

 

Hostel ( 2011), Hindi movie, English subtitles

 

 

Hostel, the film is based on an Engineering student who is molested, beaten and humiliated when he goes to reside in a hostel.

 


Edited by mutabor - 4/3/13 at 7:10am
post #12984 of 16201
Man with the Golden Arm - 9/10

Old Frank Sinatra movie. Super slow but never boring. Not very entertaining, but that's OK.
It's hard to believe this is the same guy as the one from Von Ryan's Express!
Sinatra definitely deserved his Best Actor nomination for this.
As you may know it's about a character just out of prison and recovering from heroin addiction.
After the movie you feel really sorry for his character and can more easily understand his situation.
During the movie I kept saying to myself things like "How stupid can you get?"
Ever see a movie that seems to get better in your head after watching it? This is one of those..

Reminded me a bit of "Midnight Cowboy".
post #12985 of 16201

21 Jump Street

 

7/10

 

A decent comedy portraying the change in high school culture over the decades, from the Nerd vs Jock in the past years to now environmental conservationists and views of tolerance. 2 Cops have to go undercover into a high school to expose a drug ring by a motorcycle gang.

post #12986 of 16201
The Deep - 6/10

Treasure hunting movie from 1977 starring Nick Nolte and Robert Shaw.
Bought it on DVD for $4 and just barely worth watching.
The whole story is just rather dull..
I bet the treasure they actually got in the end was worth only $10,000...

It seems that movies from Peter Yates are generally below average..
post #12987 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post

 

Avoid at all costs.twsited with very rough sexual scenes.i thought it would have been a nice horror but i was terribly mistaken.

 

Yeah, it's a remake. It's a pretty explicit film. I love gory films though, but this film just isn't very good. I would give 3.5/10. If you want to watch an even more controversial somewhat recent film, watch A Serbian Film (not quite as gory as I Spit On Your Grave, but way more ****ed up). There are a lot of others too.


Edited by jackskelly - 4/4/13 at 10:52am
post #12988 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Yeah, it's a remake. It's a pretty explicit film. I love gory films though, but this film just isn't very good. I would give 3.5/10. If you want to watch an even more controversial somewhat recent film, watch A Serbian Film (not quite as gory as I Spit On Your Grave, but way more ****ed up). There are a lot of others too.

dont do this.

post #12989 of 16201

Don't watch I Spit on Your Grave. I still vividly remember the half of the movie I watched three years after I had seen it for the first (and last) time.

 

Or you could just watch both this and A Serbian Film back to back. I don't think you'll come out of that sane!

post #12990 of 16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post

dont do this.

 

That'll make someone want to watch it more. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched