Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 835

post #12511 of 16121

Even though the movie is long it hardly scratched the surface of the book. It's the size of a friggin' dictionary. 

 

:D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

Yeah, I've heard the book is much better (obviously).

post #12512 of 16121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Even though the movie is long it hardly scratched the surface of the book. It's the size of a friggin' dictionary. 

 

:D

 

The book was by L. Ron Hubbard.  The movie was done as a special tribute by John Travolta.  

post #12513 of 16121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Flight of the Phoenix (2004 remake) - 6.5/10

 

This one is about a plane that crashes in the middle of a desert. The survivors end up trying to rebuild it to get out because they will not be found.

This isn't as bad as reviews make it out to be, but it would be better with no sound. It has possibly the worst soundtrack i've heard in awhile. Their choice of music for scenes is just so bizarre. Who the heck uses Massive Attack songs for a sad death scene?! Then the acting is just awkward. Usually it ends up with people screaming at each other and saying stupid things. Seriously these people are so dumb somtimes that they fight over water on day one and lose it. They did have some left and only enough to last them 30 days.

 

I suggest watching "Alive" instead. It's about a group of people who crash in the middle of the Andes and are forced into cannibalism to survive. It's not as bad as it sounds.

 

You should check this wiki out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Andes_flight_disaster

 

The documentary of it called "Stranded" is good too.

The book is significantly better.  The original movie is better as well but is dated and overacted.

post #12514 of 16121

I've honestly been wanting to re-read it lately.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

The book was by L. Ron Hubbard.  The movie was done as a special tribute by John Travolta.  

post #12515 of 16121
Wasn't Battlefield Earth about what Scientologists actually believe, or something? This is the kind of thing that makes me unable to consider actors like Travolta and Tom Cruise as noing more than clowns.
post #12516 of 16121

Hmm, going to ask the resident movie-goers on this one, but I'm planning to pick up a copy of Metropolis later today. Should I go for the 2010 re-restoration Blu-ray, or the older version (heard there were some problems on the new ones)?

post #12517 of 16121

8/10 An interesting take on a treatment resistant viral epidemic.  Scarier than 28 days because it felt real.  Strong cast.

post #12518 of 16121

The Giant Mechanical man. zero/10. not even one minute of enjoyment.

post #12519 of 16121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Hmm, going to ask the resident movie-goers on this one, but I'm planning to pick up a copy of Metropolis later today. Should I go for the 2010 re-restoration Blu-ray, or the older version (heard there were some problems on the new ones)?


Enjoy! I ended up seeing my old copy again this year. Such a fantastic movie. Even now!

post #12520 of 16121

 

easy 10/10 for me... It's just priceless in nearly every scene. As long as it is, I never took a look at the time once, and had badly to go to the bathroom, but refused to miss a second. Just classic Tarantino all around, amazing script, flawless acting, especially by Waltz, genius comedic relief on some parts, and of course the needed blood and gore. Better than "Basterds" in my opinion. Bravo

post #12521 of 16121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveler View Post

 

 

easy 10/10 for me... It's just priceless in nearly every scene. As long as it is, I never took a look at the time once, and had badly to go to the bathroom, but refused to miss a second. Just classic Tarantino all around, amazing script, flawless acting, especially by Waltz, genius comedic relief on some parts, and of course the needed blood and gore. Better than "Basterds" in my opinion. Bravo

I can't wait to see it. Saw Inglorious in the theater and thought it was OK, liked it better at home on DVD. Nice to hear him get to his true potential again.

post #12522 of 16121

Django was awesome, I've watched it a couple times now.  And just so happen to watch Inglorious Basterds last night to get more of Christoph Waltz.  The guy is brilliant!

post #12523 of 16121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Django was awesome, I've watched it a couple times now.  And just so happen to watch Inglorious Basterds last night to get more of Christoph Waltz.  The guy is brilliant!

 

Anyone who likes Waltz should see 2011s Carnage !! He makes it as well!

post #12524 of 16121

Thanks, I'll check it out.  cool.gif

post #12525 of 16121

Really really wanted to see it. Can't remember why I didn't.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

Anyone who likes Waltz should see 2011s Carnage !! He makes it as well!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched