Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 825

post #12361 of 16282

I really liked Fantastic Mr Fox. Maybe it works with his style.

post #12362 of 16282

7 Psychopaths 8/10

 

Atleast its original, the story is engaging, but has very good shock value, the acting is top notch, and a bit of quirky dark humor.

The best thing is, you don't really know what to expect, until the very end.

post #12363 of 16282
Regarding moonrise kingdom. When I tried to watch it couple of months ago I couldn't continue past 20 minutes.

The Paperboy(2012) 2/10... And I'm being generous. I will just avoid from now on any film that has Mattew mcconaughey in the cast. He seems to fancy the gay/disturbed roles especially in that chicken movie.
post #12364 of 16282

Yes, animation suits him well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

I really liked Fantastic Mr Fox. Maybe it works with his style.

 

Anyone watch the Golden Globes?

post #12365 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

Yes, animation suits him well.

 

Anyone watch the Golden Globes?

I think the Foreign press stuck it  to the Academy with Tarantino winning best Director.  Ridiclous that he wasn't even up for an Oscar nomination.

post #12366 of 16282

He won best screenplay, actually. Affleck won best director--though he wasn't nominated by the Academy, either. 

 

It was sort of a weird night, I thought. I was fairly pleased with about half the wins--the other half I was like, 'wha?' Though I suppose I should have expected Le Mis and Brave to win in their respective categories--award ceremonies just automatically reward Pixar and musicals, even if they don't measure up to the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

I think the Foreign press stuck it  to the Academy with Tarantino winning best Director.  Ridiclous that he wasn't even up for an Oscar nomination.

post #12367 of 16282
Patrice O'Neal:Elephant in the Room (2011) 8.5/10


bill burr:You people are all the same. (2012) 9/10



I've watched all three of Bill Burr's comedy specials,he is one of my all time favorites.
Took a look at O'Neal last night on Netflix,straight up great comedy.

If you share watching a comedy special with someone,things can fall flat quickly.
You are splitting your sides over an episode and look over at a silent guest,who is wondering:what exactly are you laughing at?

Usually I'll surf YouTube on the wireless from a Galaxy phone just before falling asleep to find a couple laughs.
This Apple Store spoof broke me up,I'm sure others will view it with disdain...
"You wanna go get high Charlie? I'll make a bong out of a laptop!"

Edited by 5aces - 1/14/13 at 12:55pm
post #12368 of 16282

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 8/10

 

One of the better super-hero movies out there tbh, but I was so disappointed by how they dealt with Bane, and that ending, I still have no idea how he survived that.

post #12369 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

He won best screenplay, actually. Affleck won best director--though he wasn't nominated by the Academy, either. 

 

It was sort of a weird night, I thought. I was fairly pleased with about half the wins--the other half I was like, 'wha?' Though I suppose I should have expected Le Mis and Brave to win in their respective categories--award ceremonies just automatically reward Pixar and musicals, even if they don't measure up to the competition.

My bad.

post #12370 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullus View Post

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 8/10

 

One of the better super-hero movies out there tbh, but I was so disappointed by how they dealt with Bane, and that ending, I still have no idea how he survived that.

In the beginning-middle of the movie they mentioned something about Ejection Seat.

post #12371 of 16282

Currently on SyFy....

 

 

It's been years since I saw this, so giving it a go. interesting to see a bald and skinny Tom Hardy....

post #12372 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchronised View Post

In the beginning-middle of the movie they mentioned something about Ejection Seat.

 

At then end of the movie, Fox was told that Bruce fixed the auto-pilot

post #12373 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

At then end of the movie, Fox was told that Bruce fixed the auto-pilot

Yeah, that is right lol

post #12374 of 16282

I was pretty eager to see this given all the amazing feedback. Finally got around to seeing it last night. I did think it was really well done and it held my interest throughout. That being said, I have to disagree with some of the reviews that were REALLY effusive with praise. I thought it was a solid film that I enjoyed, but I wasn't totally blown away. Part of the problem was that it didn't feel completely fresh for me since it shares a similar plot to Raid: The Redemption, which is another very solid film. Having grown up on Stallone, Eastwood, and Arnie films, I really liked some of the one-liners that Dredd got to have some fun with. I felt Karl Urban did a find job in the role. 

 

"Dredd" - 8.4/10

 

post #12375 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

I was pretty eager to see this given all the amazing feedback. Finally got around to seeing it last night. I did think it was really well done and it held my interest throughout. That being said, I have to disagree with some of the reviews that were REALLY effusive with praise. I thought it was a solid film that I enjoyed, but I wasn't totally blown away. Part of the problem was that it didn't feel completely fresh for me since it shares a similar plot to Raid: The Redemption, which is another very solid film. Having grown up on Stallone, Eastwood, and Arnie films, I really liked some of the one-liners that Dredd got to have some fun with. I felt Karl Urban did a find job in the role. 

 

"Dredd" - 8.4/10

 


I haven't watched "Raid", nor do I intend to. But I still love this movie for the mix of themes (apocalyptic/sci-fi/hardcore shootout).

Not to mention, how badass the character is.


Edited by proton007 - 1/14/13 at 5:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched